Twitch "great place" Reviews | Glassdoor

Twitch Employee Reviews about "great place"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Retro Game Broadcaster"

Current Employee - Retro Game Broadcaster in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Retro Game Broadcaster in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Twitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They instill a very positive and joyful atmosphere for their employees. It is a great place to be with like minded gamers.

Cons

There is a certain layer of restrictions and protocols being enforced on the team members, which can make one uncomfortable sometimes.

Advice to Management

Try to relax the restrictions that you impose on your employees.

"Rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great place to work. Great food and perks - goes without saying. The company is the type of place that people just hang out after work and play games because they enjoy it here and the people are awesome. But if you feel like working from home one day, or working a different schedule than everyone else, that's completely fine too. Twitch is at a particularly exciting phase where it's growing quickly and there are a ton of awesome features/products on the brink of being released. I think that our CEO and VP Engineering are both awesome and truly live and breathe this company.

Cons

Some delays or inefficiencies caused by new people coming onboard each week and existing roles evolving. To be expected from a company in this phase and overall seems to be handled pretty well. I think there is more work to be done in evolving the engineering organization and forming teams to own certain infra/product that are currently shared responsibilities but I think the leadership is well aware of this and will make it happen.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate direction and reasoning behind decisions to employees so that everyone feels that they are on the same page. Make sure that growing the company doesn't come at the expense of great relationships and a fun environment. A challenge, but I think it can be done. Continue sure to focus on what makes Twitch special and will set it apart from increasingly powerful competitors. Basically, keep doing what you are doing.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Twitch is a great place to work. It is extremely laid back, and has a great culture. Most of my coworkers love games so it is usually possible to quickly get a pick up game together.

A lot of leeway is given to employees to find the best technical route to solve a problem.

One of the best things about Twitch is how much Emmett cares about the company and the people here. I've seen him make multiple sacrifices both personal and monetary for the benefit of the company and for the employees.

Cons

While intrateam politics are almost non-existent there can be some inter-team politics.

In addition Twitch is a bit immature in the management structure. We managed to grow quickly without building a large management structure, which means we are now trying to figure one out and implement it.

Advice to Management

Increase the quality of the food, it has been dropping rapidly to the point where many people are starting to eat out.

In addition finishing the management structure is critical, we are too big for our current structure.

Jul 22, 2015 – Technical Recruiter

Thanks for your review! Employee feedback is important in our mission to continue to make Twitch an awesome place to work. We have our eye on the food situation as well and are hoping to implement... More

"Smart people, interesting problems, great game culture"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place for exceptional engineers who want to work on some bleeding edge problems, with other very talented people, and likes the freedom to play games at work.

Cons

Very much still a startup -- which depending on your point of view, could be a Pro.

"Amazing"

Pros

good pay, great benefits, always changing, great place

Cons

none yet ;) I'll see that it stays that way

Advice to Management

better communication, sometimes info gets lost with all the "hustle & bustle"