Twitch "perks are great" Reviews | Glassdoor

Twitch Employee Reviews about "perks are great"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun, friendly place to work"

Current Contractor - Software Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Software Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment where engineers on my team genuinely cared about my personal and professional growth. Individuals were willing and eager to help, impactful work on my team, great perks and food

Cons

Sometimes conflicting interests across teams are resolved poorly. Communication is lacking and can sometimes lead to individuals just pointing fingers and not taking ownership of certain parts of projects

Advice to Management

Encourage better communication across teams for your engineers

"Twitch is passionate about their product!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great perks, great people, exciting work. Twitch is filled with people who really care about the product they're building, and that makes the work all that much more worthwhile. It's great to be part of a company that is transition from startup to a larger company; Amazon provides Twitch with support, but Twitch still retains the culture that made it unique in the first place.

Cons

The company is going through some growing pains, but overall they have been relatively smooth. From an engineering standpoint, the biggest hurdle is digging through legacy code that nobody seems to know about, since all of the people that wrote said code are now in management roles or left the company after the acquisition.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing; it's working. Listen to employee advice to improve the workplace, and it'll get even better!

Twitch Response

Apr 20, 2016

Great to hear and thanks for the feedback. - Arthur Yamamoto / Director of Recruiting

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The perks are great, but they aren't the reason you want to work at Twitch. The career opportunities here are incredible. For the massive scale at which we operate, we're still a relatively small company, and as such the ratio of employee to customer impact is extremely high. Everything you do feels like it matters and has a direct impact on the business.

I've never had a day where I didn't want to come in to work. I get build a great product that I love using, with intelligent and fun coworkers, and in a very encouraging environment.

Cons

No company is perfect and Twitch is no exception. While I believe the pros far outweigh the cons, the larger we get, the more challenges we will face. There is currently some confusion with the new organizational structure, but I'm confident that we'll adjust and get it right.

Advice to Management

The rapid growth phase that we're currently in may be the most challenging period we will ever face. Make sure that we continue to hire the right people that we'll want to still be working with five years from now.

"Company growing quickly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free food
    - Great Perks
    - Lots of passion for the product itself
    - Lots of teams and chances to move internally
    - They seem to really care what employees think about various things

Cons

Twitch is growing quickly and is facing the typical strains that come with that:

- Leadership gaps
    - Confusion at times on approach
    - Office getting crowded

Advice to Management

Grow at a reasonable rate to what you want to accomplish. Don't just hire to "get more people", hire to accurately staff for the projects you want.

Do what's best for the company, not try to make the tenured employees happy.

Accept that the people who got you here, may not be the people who get you to the next stage

"Exciting, fast paced and tons of room to grow."

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone truly believes in what we are creating, from the bottom to the top.
    Everyone is a gamer.
    Tons of room to grow in both salary and responsibility.
    Very little political issues. Folks are rewarded for the efforts and internal promotions are always considered first.
    The work is fast paced, ever changing and extremely exciting. Every day is different and awesome.
    Open office environments create a sense of working on one giant team rather than your own specific projects.

The perks are great, too.

Cons

Lack of space. We're growing so rapidly that we're starting to feel a bit crammed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work. Maintaining the culture through an acquisition is extremely difficult, and everyone did a fantastic job keeping everyone calm.

"Awesome place to work."

Pros

Pros:

-The perks are great, you can't really ask for more. Between snacks, juice delivery, massages, subsidized transit and gym memberships, and many more - it's amazing.
    -Unlimited PTO!
    -Your work is recognized often, and regular feedback is the norm.
    -Everyone is really laid back and easy to talk to, and the open office atmosphere is nice.

Cons

There aren't many cons about working with Twitch, but I'd say the laid-back atmosphere sometimes leads to a certain level of disorganization. However, nothing that won't work itself out.

Advice to Management

We're growing at an extremely fast pace, so I would say the best advice I would give is to make sure that we maintain our culture and level of personal attention to each employee.