Twitch "want to work" Reviews | Glassdoor

Twitch Employee Reviews about "want to work"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Twitch, we have:
    Great Team
    Flexible Employer
    Scientific Approach
    Gaming Focus
    Fun and Welcoming Atmosphere

So if you want to work on challenging problems with smart people in one of the fastest growing new entertainment industries, if you like helping to shape the future, work in an environment that accepts and appreciates self starters, and be part of something truly different and magical, you should join Twitch!

Cons

As a company still in the transition between startup to a large stable company, you will have to go beyond any job title you have to get initiatives and goals accomplished. It requires flexibility and a willingness to work hard which may not appeal to someone who wants a job fully mapped out duties with completely defined roles that requires little thought.

Advice to Management

Ensure that the Twitch culture keeps to its core as we grow the team. So far, you have done a good job and I believe it will continue but it is worth being vigilant about.

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The perks are great, but they aren't the reason you want to work at Twitch. The career opportunities here are incredible. For the massive scale at which we operate, we're still a relatively small company, and as such the ratio of employee to customer impact is extremely high. Everything you do feels like it matters and has a direct impact on the business.

I've never had a day where I didn't want to come in to work. I get build a great product that I love using, with intelligent and fun coworkers, and in a very encouraging environment.

Cons

No company is perfect and Twitch is no exception. While I believe the pros far outweigh the cons, the larger we get, the more challenges we will face. There is currently some confusion with the new organizational structure, but I'm confident that we'll adjust and get it right.

Advice to Management

The rapid growth phase that we're currently in may be the most challenging period we will ever face. Make sure that we continue to hire the right people that we'll want to still be working with five years from now.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic product, lots of upside with future growth. Company culture is great, everyone is genuine, friendly, and nice. Catered lunch and dinner every day, and breakfast a few days a week. Gorgeous offices, best equipment. Hard working environment, but there is work/life balance, if you want to work out middle of day, fine, just get your job done. Great for people who want to actually contribute to the company and feel they're participating in something real. Not great if you're a piker and want to clock-in/clock-out without being noticed. Really fun and invigorating place to work.

Cons

Some teams internally seem to operate in silos. But people complain about this and all you have to do is go meet with other teams. Take action to fix things you think are broken, don't sit back and complain.

Advice to Management

Think of ways to bring teams together internally so we get to know each other better and understand what we all do. Monthly "lunch and learn" where two groups present what they do and invite others to listen and learn.

"Smart people, interesting problems, great game culture"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place for exceptional engineers who want to work on some bleeding edge problems, with other very talented people, and likes the freedom to play games at work.

Cons

Very much still a startup -- which depending on your point of view, could be a Pro.

Twitch Response

Jul 22, 2015 – Technical Recruiter

Thanks for your review! Employee feedback is important in our mission to continue to make Twitch an awesome place to work.