Twitter Reviews | Glassdoor

Jack Dorsey
  1. "Admin"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter for more than 2 years

Pros

Great Perks, flexible time, great team

Cons

Limited benefits/advancement for contractor

2. "anonymous9999"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good problems to solve and culture is vibrant

Cons

Management provides check box style help and not personal help.

"Organized chaos at senior management level"

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Twitter full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great, smart people Interesting technology Interesting challenges at scale

Cons

Constant reorgs Revolving door of senior execs (colloquially referred to as 'reorg thursdays') As senior exec roles stabilized, there was a lot of turf-grabbing

4. "Great team and team mission, organizational mess"

Former Employee - Open Source Advocate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Twitter full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Many great colleagues (and managers), and before my team (TwitterOSS) got chopped it had a mission that I cared about deeply.

Cons

Some weird organizational decisions that would seem like historical accidents if there weren't also frequent re-orgs that you would think could have fixed these mistakes if they had been seen as mistakes. Priorities could change rapidly and to a degree that managers couldn't always shield ICs from the repercussions.

Advice to Management

More stability.

5. "SWE Intern Experience"

Former Employee - SWE Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture Great University Recruiting Team with a fun internship program Serious about diversity at the workplace. Decent work life balance

Cons

Work life balance depends on your team Twitter is still figuring itself out as a company which can be exciting if you're looking for something like that but frustrating if you're not

6. "Incredibly disappointing and frustrating experience"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Twitter full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Company name on the resume

Cons

They hire managers across the board who fail to simply understand what their teams do. They turn a blind eye to mistakes that cost the company $ if you're in the 'bro club'. A lot of politics and favoritism. They promote open communication but feedback/advice to management is not well received unless positive. Honestly, a horribly toxic environment where I experienced unfair treatment, harassment, sexism, and racism.

Advice to Management

Give employees outside of manager roles a stronger voice. Take employee concerns more seriously.

7. "Twitter is a place with interesting problems and opportunity for personal growth"

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

There are lots of interesting problems to work on and you will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you want. Generally you can choose your work/life balance. I do believe Twitter is a mission driven company and if you are passionate about improving the quality of public conversation then this is the place for you.

Cons

Teams have autonomy, which gives you the freedom to work on what you think is important. Sometimes this results in teams duplicating work or can make cross team efforts difficult. I do think the company is getting better at coordination and focus.

• "Twitter's new legacy and the future of digital content."

Current Employee - Product Owner in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

The best part of every campaign is the ability to create more opportunities to build up the community and improve the quality of business. The difference between these 0as is the opportunity to make a difference is simply a necessary step to ensure the future of our business community. And the fact is we have a amazing team that can get something done.

Cons

Currently the company operates through several different industries and services including technology based systems and software development. projects for new businesses are going to be difficult.

Advice to Management

Allow me the opportunity to see how you do things in the team and I will make it a priority to work together in the same direction.

"Great quality of work, hard to rise far, management so-so"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter for more than 2 years

Pros

Twitter has fantastic benefits and a culture that supports work life balance and quality of life. It's also a place with a huge impact and you always feel like you're working on something important.

Cons

The intermediate size of the company, the relatively flat management structure, and other factors mean that it's hard to rise very far. This leads to the well known high turnover rate. I don't think people leave because they're unhappy; I think people leave because they don't have the opportunity to advance any further.

"Stay away from user research team"

Former Employee - User Experience Researcher in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Has good location in San Francisco and perks Salary is competitive

Cons

User research leadership is extremely unprofessional .The team is very cliquey. Senior leadership in research have their favorites. They exhibit all bad behavior and there is no one to coach them. Leaders do not have the experience in managing people and is very immature. The quality of research work is very low. There are other reviews earlier stating the same, wish I had read them before, if you can.. stay away from...

Advice to Management

Will need purging of this group and the leaders to get a better team.

Found 724 reviews