- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Texas
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Houston, TX
- - Virginia
- - Norfolk, VA Area
- - Hampton, VA
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Irvine, CA
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Cyprus - All Cities
- - Limassol
- - Limassol, Cyprus Area
- - Limassol, Limassol
Found 128 of over 272 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Two Sigma and is not affected by filters.
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've never seen a company care for their employees like Two Sigma. The compensation is highly competitive. All of the perks year around are phenomenal. The culture is friendly, smart, and collaborative. This is a place where you land and want to stay.
There are no specific cons that come to mind.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 7, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Excellent culture that pushes being kind to one another - Tons of talented and interesting people - Good perks (office gym, frequent free food, very flexible remote work policy)
- Comp could always be better, and there's relatively little transparency around this - Dev infrastructure is weighed down by legacy systems, but improvements are being made - Promo process (packet writing + committee review) is a bit of a hassleContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 6, 2022 - Vice President Engineering in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing People - I can't underscore this enough, the people here truly are incredible - friendly, approachable, sincere, hard working. Great Work Life Balance - As a parent, it's extremely important to me to be involved in my kid's lives. When I'm WFH, which is the majority of the time, I'm able to bring my kids to school in the morning and spend time with them after school and before dinner/bedtime, all without feeling like I'm neglecting my work. Excellent Benefits and Perks - Ample PTO, top notch health insurance, great snacks in the office, generous gifts at the holidays. The company really tries to take care of us. After a year+ and onboarding during a pandemic, I can't get over how impressed I am by the company culture. They are extremely inclusive, cognizant of different backgrounds, and seemingly accepting of everyone. I'm super happy I chose to come to Two Sigma and I'm looking forward to a long and productive career here.
On the days that I do go into the office (currently ~5 days per month), getting down to Canal St is kind of a pain. It is what it is, but it would be awesome if our offices were in a more commutable location for those coming in from outside Manhattan.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great pay, great people, amazing benefits, and I feel extremely valued by my peers and the company. My work feels very impactful as well.
Long interview process but worth it in the end.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 27, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Competitive salary, honestly a lot of growth potential if you are willing and eager - think some of the other complaints are unwarranted.
Less structured than some big tech (probably more than some other trading companies) - can be good or bad depending on who you are.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Aug 18, 2022 - Software Engineer in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Compensation tends to be a bit above market; good work life balance (no pressure to take your work home); friendly/eclectic colleagues
Somewhat bureaucratic when it comes to HR processes or getting stakeholders to greenlight projects
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 8, 2022 - Human Resources in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1. Great culture/work environment 2. Awesome people 3. Competitive compensation 4. Great employee gifts and perks (i.e. Away Luggage, Vacation Vouchers, Food Truck Company Lunches) 5. Work-life balance
It could be more diverse - but in all fairness, the organization is taking the steps needed to change that.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 18, 2022 - Data Analyst in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
People are nice and supportive
Roles are very defined and it's hard to go beyond
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 1, 2022 - Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Bright colleagues, respect for work life balance, interesting problems
Growing fast, feels like a big organization at times
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 7, 2022 - Junior Quant Developer in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
fun to work at work
very long hours to work
Two Sigma Reviews FAQs
Two Sigma has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 272 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at Two Sigma to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
98% of Two Sigma employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Two Sigma 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.