Cover image for Two Sigma

98% Recommend to a Friend
99% Approve of CEO

Found 128 of over 272 reviews

4.7
Two Sigma Co-Chairmen David Siegel and John Overdeck (no image)
David Siegel and John Overdeck

What people are saying about Two Sigma

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Two Sigma and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

5 Star Company!!!

Nov 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've never seen a company care for their employees like Two Sigma. The compensation is highly competitive. All of the perks year around are phenomenal. The culture is friendly, smart, and collaborative. This is a place where you land and want to stay.

Cons

There are no specific cons that come to mind.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, great place to work

Nov 7, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent culture that pushes being kind to one another - Tons of talented and interesting people - Good perks (office gym, frequent free food, very flexible remote work policy)

Cons

- Comp could always be better, and there's relatively little transparency around this - Dev infrastructure is weighed down by legacy systems, but improvements are being made - Promo process (packet writing + committee review) is a bit of a hassle

3. Join the Two Sigma team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not your typical hedge fund

Jun 6, 2022 - Vice President Engineering in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing People - I can't underscore this enough, the people here truly are incredible - friendly, approachable, sincere, hard working. Great Work Life Balance - As a parent, it's extremely important to me to be involved in my kid's lives. When I'm WFH, which is the majority of the time, I'm able to bring my kids to school in the morning and spend time with them after school and before dinner/bedtime, all without feeling like I'm neglecting my work. Excellent Benefits and Perks - Ample PTO, top notch health insurance, great snacks in the office, generous gifts at the holidays. The company really tries to take care of us. After a year+ and onboarding during a pandemic, I can't get over how impressed I am by the company culture. They are extremely inclusive, cognizant of different backgrounds, and seemingly accepting of everyone. I'm super happy I chose to come to Two Sigma and I'm looking forward to a long and productive career here.

Cons

On the days that I do go into the office (currently ~5 days per month), getting down to Canal St is kind of a pain. It is what it is, but it would be awesome if our offices were in a more commutable location for those coming in from outside Manhattan.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Oct 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, great people, amazing benefits, and I feel extremely valued by my peers and the company. My work feels very impactful as well.

Cons

Long interview process but worth it in the end.

6. 5.0

Strong Company, Great culture

Sep 27, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, honestly a lot of growth potential if you are willing and eager - think some of the other complaints are unwarranted.

Cons

Less structured than some big tech (probably more than some other trading companies) - can be good or bad depending on who you are.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Intellectually Curious Culture

Aug 18, 2022 - Software Engineer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation tends to be a bit above market; good work life balance (no pressure to take your work home); friendly/eclectic colleagues

Cons

Somewhat bureaucratic when it comes to HR processes or getting stakeholders to greenlight projects

8. 5.0

Yes - You Should Join!

Jul 8, 2022 - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great culture/work environment 2. Awesome people 3. Competitive compensation 4. Great employee gifts and perks (i.e. Away Luggage, Vacation Vouchers, Food Truck Company Lunches) 5. Work-life balance

Cons

It could be more diverse - but in all fairness, the organization is taking the steps needed to change that.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good culture

Aug 18, 2022 - Data Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice and supportive

Cons

Roles are very defined and it's hard to go beyond

10. 5.0

Great culture

Aug 1, 2022 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bright colleagues, respect for work life balance, interesting problems

Cons

Growing fast, feels like a big organization at times

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

review

Jun 7, 2022 - Junior Quant Developer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun to work at work

Cons

very long hours to work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 128 Reviews
</>Embed

Two Sigma Reviews FAQs

Two Sigma has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 272 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at Two Sigma to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Two Sigma employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Two Sigma. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

98% of Two Sigma employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Two Sigma 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Two Sigma to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, workplace, management.

Popular Careers with Two Sigma Job Seekers