TwoFour consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Manager"

I worked at TwoFour consulting full-time

Pros

Smart people and good managers. Sr management has a strong background in this space and will give you great exposure to the consulting and investment banking businesses. Management is very open to taking the time to explaining the nuances of both recruitment and the businesses that you work with.

Cons

Too much turnover on recruitment team though this may no longer be the case.

Advice to Management

Offer more financial upside to Sr Recruiters.

2. "Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at TwoFour consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks supply never low. Bagels Wednesdays and lunch provided Fridays

Cons

CTO is horrible at management. Micro manages and verbally disrespects employees in front of everyone. Not much room for career growth. Technology is old and outdated. Over promises clients and puts pressure on developers without even initially consulting the developers to see if it would be possible to get it done.

3. "Disappointing Consulting firm"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant

I have been working at TwoFour consulting as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Not much to say except that they had a job for me when I needed

Cons

Some mgrs are rude and confrontational when you have request
    They keep a HUGE cut of your salary minimum >35%, for one friend I worked with they were keeping precisely >50%, he was well qualified and experienced - I think that's just unethical and on top of that they enforce a one year clause that you can't work at the same firm even if another consulting firm is able to get you a job there and Two Four can't - the friend had to let go of the offer and was unemployed for several months (he had a family and was the only one earning)
    They pay very late compared to other firms
    They don't have new jobs when the project is ending, I think they only try to get consultants where they can keep more than half the salary

Advice to Management

Be appreciative of consultants not rude. They work everyday for their pay, you are not doing a favor of any sort as you keep a huge cut. At the least offer some support or respect. Don't take away job opportunities from people if you are unable to help and they got a job from somewhere else. Make money but follow some moral codes, you can't keep half of a consultants salary.

4. "Churn and burn for sales team"

Former Employee - Sales in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in White Plains, NY

I worked at TwoFour consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good network of consultants to work with and reasonable reputation among clients.

Cons

Management is not trustworthy and they have had a revolving door of sales people who are hired only for their books of business. Known to snoop employee's online activities and read emails without cause. Consulting is the "red headed stepchild" to the software development business and is valued only for revenues to support their software development enterprise.

Advice to Management

Learn honesty and integrity.

5. "Not a great employer"

Former Employee - Office Manager in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Office Manager in White Plains, NY

I worked at TwoFour consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

location is great but that is it

Cons

Everything else especially poor upper management

Advice to Management

Sensitivity training

6. "One of the better Financial Services consulting companies"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at TwoFour consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Treated fairly, paid promptly, transparent hiring process

Cons

No issues with the company

7. "Good Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I have been working at TwoFour consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn. Given lots of opportunity directly out of college to learn various aspects of the business and choose what is best for me.

Cons

Longer hours, but the people and work make up for it.

8. "Initially very excited but quickly went downhill"

Former Contractor - Project Manager/Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Project Manager/Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at TwoFour consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary agreed upon was what I asked for.

Cons

I was first notified about a position in mid February 2012. Had a Skype interview with 3 people then didn't hear anything until mid April 2012. Turns out they had not yet won the bid from the client. Then another in person interview with 3 people one of which already interviewed me the first time. Had to first sign a non disclosure and a ton of paperwork I never had to do in any previous employment situation. Then finally, an offer letter and employment agreement came. Even though we agreed upon a daily rate, a claim that in NYS it is illegal to pay by a daily rate, so they had to annualize the daily rate and put that figure in the contract. I didn’t have a problem with that. What I did have a problem with was some kind of ridiculous formula they came up with where they would only pay a ‘differential’ rate for 6 weeks (3 pay periods) before they start paying the agreed upon rate. I called them on this to find out when I would get the money owed and in two different conversations with two different people; it took 20 minutes into the conversation for them to tell me, “Oh, well when the project ends, you’ll continue to get paid minus the differential”. When I did the math, the money I would get at the end equaled what I wasn’t getting up front so I was okay with that. However, nowhere in the contract did it clearly state that. When I asked them to add it, they refused and told me this was standard practice. Well, against the little voice inside of me, I signed the agreement and started the job. From the beginning, we (the team hired for the project) was brainwashed and conditioned not to speak to any of the clients. If we did, we had to make sure it was clear, concise and for information we could not get from our own team that was already part of the project. This was a daily reminder to us. We also discovered right at the beginning that we had to prepare PowerPoint slides for the manager that was ultimately funding this project. I can’t tell you the ridiculous amount of time every day that was spent doing, redoing and redoing the slides. Now, while I have had the opportunity in my career to create PowerPoint slides and present them, not once during the interview process was I asked about my PowerPoint skills. Not once. It became obvious to me that what I and the other folks came up with initially was unacceptable. The funny thing was, the client kept asking how we were doing on the actual work we were hired to do. We spent so much time changing the slides as per our manager; we didn’t spend the time on the actual work. There is so much more to mention but I will mention one more scenario that happened. I had contacted a client manager requesting him or someone from his team to provide us with some info we required. The client manager bluntly informed me that nothing would be provided and no time will be spent unless he was given a document stating what the project was and how much time would be required from his team for it. Also, that he would need approval from his manager for participating. I provided this information to my manager on two different occasions in front of the team but he never passed that on to the client who would have been able to assist with that situation. Two weeks later, the client found out that the manager I contacted would not support us and he was very angry that it took that long for this to come to his attention. I kept my mouth shut of course but had my manager acted on it two weeks earlier when I first told him, the client being very angry could have been avoided. When the project ended for me (months earlier than I expected it to), I was shorted almost a days pay. They claimed that they were paying me as per the agreed upon rate schedule in the contract. Even though they had to annualize the rate, I took the daily rate that was agreed upon and multiplied it times the days worked since it was less than a year and came up with a figure that was higher then what they paid me. I fought with them for quite a while until they started ignoring my communications. In speaking with another member of the team that was hired with the same type of contract, he figured out that they got two + free days from him as they shorted his pay also. The funny thing is, when I first started on this project, I was very excited about the opportunity and was looking forward to a long career with TwoFour. That didn’t happen. One additional item, the position was supposed to be in Lower Manhattan. After we started, we were told we had to travel up to Purchase NY. That was a 3 hour commute one way for me. Summary: if you happen to be contacted by this company or you contact them, be careful about being sucked in by the amount of salary they agree upon. The project will probably not last as long as they say and when it comes time for them to pay you, you probably will not get what you expect to get.

Advice to Management

Other contracting companies do not wait until the client pays them before they pay the people hired for a project. Using the legalese in the employment agreements is intentionally not clear and is subject to your interpretation. When you hire someone to do a particular job, let them do what you hired them to do.

"rather sleazy, but at least I got paid"

Current Contractor - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at TwoFour consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They got me a high rate

Cons

They played games with the contract, and didn't keep me informed about the realities of dealing with the bureaucracy of a big bank.

Advice to Management

Try to get consulting staff to write clear

10. "Through interview process. Good rates, long term engagements"

Current Contractor - Financial Services Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Financial Services Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at TwoFour consulting as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting projects. Long term and good pay. Recruiters were knowledgeable of the client and job details. Interviews lasted about 3 hours with meeting 3 people.
    Starting new assignment with TwoFour August 13th. Looking forward to a lasting relationship.

Cons

Parking location is difficult to find across the street.