Found 88 of over 90 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Tyler Junior College? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tyler Junior College employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low but it's to be expected at a junior college" (in 7 reviews)
- "The salaries (particularly for entry level positions) is not competitive with what you will find at other institutions." (in 5 reviews)
- "Horrible management." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Tyler Junior College and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0May 12, 2023ProfessorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsTyler, TX
Strong Teamwork Sense of Community Meaningful work
Salaries compared to credentials required to teach.
- 3.0Aug 18, 2023ProfessorFormer EmployeeTyler, TX
This is a large community college that has the feel of a small university. There are a lot of people very dedicated to the students.
Administration has their head in the sand.
- 4.0Mar 29, 2023Admission SpecialistFormer EmployeeTyler, TX
Awesome benefits, two weeks paid leave for Christmas, 1 week paid leave for Thanksgiving, 1 week paid leave for spring break plus a lot of personal time paid leave
Some leadership can be challenging to work with. Subpar pay.
- 3.0May 31, 2023Web SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTyler, TX
Great benefits - - All major holidays off, 2 weeks off for Christmas, 1 week off for spring break - Affordable health insurance - Employer retirement matching (around 8%)
Low pay, stressful work environment
- 4.0Aug 10, 2022Academic AdvisorCurrent EmployeeTyler, TX
I loved what I did. Helping the students was very rewarding. The managers and director of the advising department were great and really cared about the advisors. Also, they tried to make employees feel valued. Loved everyone in the department I worked in. If it wasn't for the pay, I would have stayed.
The rising expectations of workload and overtime hours for little to no salary raises were unsustainable. Other departments can be quite rude as well.
- 3.0Mar 29, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Plenty of campus wide breaks
Pay is kind of sucky but it's a junior college. Campus is not very collaborative. A lot of micromanaging in different departments
- 2.0Mar 12, 2023Nursing InstructorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearTyler, TX
Lots of Money and Access to Best Practice Standards and Resources If your goal was to peak in High School, go to work here, you will be rewarded and fit right in
Leadership doesn't value or facilitate efforts to incorporate best practice standards
Tyler Junior College Reviews FAQs
Tyler Junior College has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 90 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Tyler Junior College to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
52% of Tyler Junior College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tyler Junior College 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.