Tyler Technologies Reviews in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Tyler Technologies Seattle Reviews

Updated July 26, 2017

Seattle, WA Area

3.1
Tyler Technologies President, CEO, and Director John S. Marr Jr.
John S. Marr Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is often talked about but hard to realize (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management I felt like they were just not happy people and were not very motivating (in 10 reviews)

"TYLER-EDEN IS A COMPANY I AM PROUD TO CALL MY EMPLOYER!"

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Renton, WA

Pros

Eden Division - Flat out a decent group of people to work for, where leadership guides and does not control. You feel your management has "got your back" and they shoulder responsibility as well give you credit for success. Coworkers have excellent comradarie. Respect exists among employees even if values are quite opposing. I think much of this stems from everyone respecting their own management which trickles down this behavior to employees respecting each other.

Cons

I really have not had any problems working here. I greatly enjoy my position here compared to most of my previous technical positions.

Advice to Management

I really cannot give any at this time. They all have open door policies. They respond in timely manners to your requests or issues.

2. "Tyler is a good company to work for."

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Renton, WA

Pros

fairness, salary, consideraton, overall value of employees to the company.

Cons

Promotion given sometimes without announcement

Advice to Management

Some are very experienced but some office have people who have never been managers before. So it can get a little petty at times.

3. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Conservative company that offers job security for those who are willing to work hard and excel in providing quality product and services, Good benefits and incentive plans. Company tries to empower employees

Cons

Strengths/weeknesses of various regional offices vary by division. Growth opportunities are limited if working out of an office other than Maine or Texas.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate information to employees at all levels include company objectives and vision statement. Sales opportunities and timely communication of new contracts for all Tyler divisions. Provide suggestion box for ease in making recommendations for improvements to product and services.

4. "Pleasant Surprise"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very healthy market position, product portfolio and business growth.
    - Attentive management, very solid company foundations and values. Both Renton and Maine offices / people are outstanding.
    - Good onboarding and training process (as I gather it has recently improved).
    - Good work / life balance, working with decent, professional people, very little bs as far as I can tell. Casual dress code in office, and very decent break room facilities.
    - Working with contemporary technologies (Microsoft stack) and a diverse customer base.

This all adds up to a 5-star ranking which is rare in today's corporate environment.

Cons

The Renton office is a bit out of the way in terms of surroundings (car dealerships, industrial etc.). But it's a better commute for most people than into Seattle.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

5. "Implementation Consultant"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Great Coworkers and management on staff

Cons

A lot of time alone

Advice to Management

Stay the course

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Development - Renton Campus in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Development - Renton Campus in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is one of the best performers in the public sector market - no layoffs since we were acquired over 10 years ago. Excellent benefits (401K, year-end bonus (based on company performance), comprehensive health care for reasonable employee contribution, short & long term disability, stock purchase option, etc). In my location management is very good and employees get along well. Very good/smart people here, no one I don't like working with makes for a very comfortable work environment. A good indicator of employee satisfaction is the significant numbers of 10 and 20 year (and more) employees

Cons

This may not be the best campus for advancement depending on job applied for but the situation is fluid and will likely change for the better over time.

Advice to Management

None at present

"The renton office has a strong and supportive community of south asians - napalese, indians and Pakistanis."

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shared van pool, free coffee, a strong soutg asian community (Indian, Pakistani, and napalese), the peer review system is very helpful

Cons

The management is ineffective and are mostly white male, the company culture is still white centric, salary is below par, promotion does not give a big boost of salary.

Advice to Management

Need to replace white managers with indians, napalese, or Pakistani.

"Good company despite some bad division management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leader in public sector
    Strong overall performance despite some bad division leaders
    Dedicated employee despite low pay

Cons

Agree with others - the management at Renton Division reflect badly on the company and treat their employees like fools
    *Terrible track record: they failed everything they do. Just look at EDEN, it is fading from the market; their partner Microsoft is ditching them too.
    *Nepotism: all key management positions are occupied by people related to the old management of EDEN company or their friends. The management are clueless on what they are doing. That's why EDEN products and Dynamics AX are spinning wheels going no where.
    * Never believe a word from your managers: They promise promotions and pay raise when they need you but will quickly forget their promises after they are done using you and blame it on upper management or partners. They would never hesitate to throw you off the bus to make themselves cost saving champions.
    * Vicious retention strategy: they pay well below market rate. If you put them as one of your referees, they would deliberately give bad reference to your potential employers. That's why so many good people stuck there with stagnant salary.

Advice to Management

Why do you put the same people who failed EDEN and Dynamics AX in charge of development? Why not save the big bucks you pay those liars to reward the employees who do all the real work?

9. "Employee focused company"

Current Employee - Implemen in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Implemen in Renton, WA

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Listens to employees. Customer and employee centric. Great benefits.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to what your employees say in the surveys.

"Best work environment"

Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Renton, WA

I worked at Tyler Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work community, Enjoyable customer interaction, Solid product (Eden)

Working for Tyler was one of the best work experiences I've ever had. It's very low stress and all the employees are fun and helpful. From Support we had direct access to Development which cut all the BS out of getting things done.

Cons

Compensation about 3/4ths of what it should be.

I left Tyler for the reason of compensation only. There is not enough good that can be said about this team; however, I couldn't justify the tradeoff of work/life balance over taking care of my family.

Advice to Management

No advice. Management on all levels at Tyler is awesome.