Tyonek Native Corporation Reviews in Madison, AL | Glassdoor

2.8
Leo Barlow
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

I have been working at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for TNC for many years and I am so excited about our company. Our new management has a clear vision of where we want to go as a company. We have made improvements to production pay rates and we have a very generous benefit plan. Employees are now informed of contract wins and communication has greatly improved. It is so nice to see management that truly cares about the people that work for the company. I would recommend TNC to anyone.

Cons

In the past the company made some very poor hiring decision which really harmed moral and the company reputation. Those people are no longer with this company and their poor management practices are no longer tolerated.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I love the open communication and the excitement you have generated.

2. "Maturing Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative work environment. Flexible schedule and time off. Great benefits until 2016. Efforts are made to recognize employees hard efforts.

Cons

Senior Management changes are not well thought out, and turn over reflects this indecision. Some are great, some are not so great. Employees tend to get lost in the politics. Human Resources has too much influence on the business activities and in areas where they could be legitimate contributors.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to create a company identity and focus on maintaining realistic goals for growth through the employees. Employees are the solid and hardworking foundation of this organization.

3. "NOT worth the STRESS!! The Sr Mgmt team in Madison is dysfunctional. This company has an extremely high turnover rate."

Former Employee - Administrative in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - Administrative in Madison, AL

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time

Pros

Challanging work environment kept me engaged all day. Very friendly and helpful staff (non-Exec team).

Cons

Overworked and underpayed. I was rarely able to take a lunch break yet not permitted to leave early nor compensated for the extra hours put in.

Advice to Management

Communicate, recognize, and appreciate hard workers when you have them.

4. "Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Pros

Benefits are great. In a great community.

Cons

Senior management is clueless. Lots of do-over work, can't get support from management only criticism. Not looking to improve operations, do not recommend working there.

5. "The company is divided"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Madison, AL

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having ever other Friday off is a great and free health care insurance benefits. Plus the people are very nice and out going. The location is central to some great school systems for kids of all ages.

Cons

Under new management all perks and compensation stopped. Very high turnover rate...

Advice to Management

New management is very bias to a select group of people, all hired from the same pervious company.

6. "Nothing to be gained by going the extra mile..."

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time

Pros

Good work hours, paid off holidays including Christmas break. Paid overtime. Clean work environment. Pay above minimum wage. Close parking. Paid health insurance.

Cons

No real appreciation for anyone going above and beyond. Work load expectations unreal. No interest in retaining talented individuals if they aren't "yes men (or women" to management.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to the workers who actually make the money for the company. Attempt to retain real talent rather than drive them into the ground and then lay them off or fire them. This company was built on the backs of some of the people that you all stabbed in the back!

7. "Worst Job I've Ever Had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary and benefits were satisfactory.
    The flex schedule allows for every other Friday off.
    You begin to accrue paid time off from the start of your employment.

Cons

Utterly railroaded by team members and ignored by supervision, just listened to what was told to them about my job performance.
    Never received a performance review or any feedback from supervisor.
    Dishonest description of job responsibilities and not allowed to train adequately or for long enough.

Advice to Management

Take the time to evaluate employees instead of allowing others to "evaluate" according to their own desire to squash any competition.