U.S. Bank Reviews

3.7
U.S. Bank President and Chief Executive Officer Andrew Cecere
Andrew Cecere
1,094 Ratings
Pros
  • "Excellent practice of Work-life balance(in 432 reviews)

• "This company have good benefits(in 220 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance could be better(in 193 reviews)

• "Upper management is either severely disorganized or terrible at communication(in 182 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of U.S. Bank and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Love this company!

Jun 22, 2020 - Program Manager in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Company culture * Career development planning * Work life balance * Your work is appreciated * Great CEO and leadership that keeps you informed * Outreach to the community

Cons

* Parking lot discounts in the large metro areas. They do however offset that with metro transit plans at a very affordable price.

18 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Apr 15, 2021 - Anti-Money Laundering Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are always opportunities if you truly look for them.

Cons

Honestly can’t think of any

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Avoid HR Like The Plague

Apr 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. Outstanding direct managers who encourage and inspire (or at least, up until 4.22.21). Excellent, engaged coworkers who are commited to doing the right thing. Refruiting Excellence team is chock full of great trainers and leaders.

Cons

The business seems to be determined to dismantle an HR system that worked perfectly, and uses the imaging of a sinking ship in the Arctic to communicate this, rather than simply being transparent and saying, "Many of you are going to lose your jobs, I would encourage you to start looking." When we first came on board, we we encouraged and energized but now are defeated, sad, disheartened.... and the $$ that he spent on some strange "change management" firm to tell this utterly bizzare tale would likely pay the annual salary of most of us. Very wasteful. But hey! It paid to eliminate a whole bunch of HRBPs who were utterly loyal to the business. The HRBP function was centralized and now it takes literal days to get a response on an HR issue that would take no more than one hour previously. On the 22nd of April, a gigantic slew (12+) of dedicated, caring, thoughtful, motivating managers were also eliminated. I do understand that we were a bit "top heavy", but to eliminate the direct managers who motivate and inspire your recruiters, who basically are the lifeblood of USB? To..... hire more Executive Recruiters? WE NEED RECRUITERS in the ranks (where hello, a bulk of the hiring comes from) we are all drowning, and now we have..... what? A promise of something new and great? ? We WERE GREAT ALREADY.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

US Bank Employee Retention Shows

Apr 26, 2021 - Helpdesk Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

US Bank has a lot of very friendly and helpful employees, many of them have been working there for years. Many of my co-workers had a great depth of knowledge of the systems and programs that they work with.

Cons

There was some disconnect in how user issues were handled. Nobody seemed to really know where to assign incoming helpdesk tickets, so that users could get the assistance that they needed. I felt that more training and guide materials would have made things much easier to streamline the ticketing escalation process. My contract was only for a limited amount of time. They were not able to extend the contract or hire me on at the end of the term. I would have liked to been a permanent part of the team.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Worst Company To Work For!!

Apr 30, 2021 - Universal Banker in Longmont, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

4% 401k match and good benefits.

Cons

To give a little background about myself, I have been with the company for 4+ years. I have gone above and beyond for U.S. Bank. For the first two years (2017-2019) the company was great to work for! Unfortunately, in the last 2 years (2019-2020) the company has gone down hill. First, management like set goals for promotion, then when goals are met, they change the goals without giving promotion for past work. Management also adds more responsibility repeatedly without increase in pay. As of the beginning of 2020, U.S. Bank changed their incentives policy and will also not be paying out commissions or bonuses from here on out. When branch is short staffed they refuse to provide sufficient coverage even provide a lunch. When the branch manager requests to hire more people to compensate for short staff, their request are brushed aside and request is terminated. Lastly, the computers and programs that we use to process transactions are awful and go down continuously. It is a daily activity calling IT with system related issues. I have formally submitted my resignation. I do not recommend working for this company!

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent for a call center gig

Feb 26, 2021 - Inbound Fraud in Coeur d'Alene, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

DISCLAIMER: Company culture varies widely between the different call centers. My experience is only for the CDA center. Pros: Transparent expectations and pay scale. Pretty good dental/medical/vision available on day one. No call scripting, aside from a couple small legal disclosures. Extremely flexible work from home options during COVID, and strong in-office policies to keep the workplace as safe as possible. Yearly performance based bonuses/raises that you actually WILL get if you work for them. And U.S. Bank has hands down the best environment I have ever been in for LGBT employees (including really solid corporate wide policies for trans people to work under preferred name/etc without any hoops to jump through).

Cons

When I started the Fraud department was the place where they trusted us to have a brain and some common sense - compared to the customer service departments, there were fewer inane checkboxes and a larger focus on just getting the job done, and as long as it was done right that's all that mattered. Within the last few months executive decisions from on high have been slowly chipping away at that independence, starting to dictate in increasingly specific ways how calls should be processed. Local level management is fighting back against it, but they're slowly losing the battle.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a bad place to start career or while in college

Jan 18, 2021 - Branch Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I originally started here as a college job. I ended up staying a few more years then planned due to the economy at the time. The benefits were amazing. When I left, I had no clue I had some cash pension account with a decent amount accrued in there. I enjoyed my teams and managers and the flexibility was amazing while I got my bachelors and masters. You will learn things you can learn in other jobs like looking at numbers, team leadership, how to be resourceful, the ability to multitask and more! I learned a lot about things due to having amazing managers. My role now is in a different industry and I feel some of the soft skills I learned really helped me.

Cons

It can be difficult to move up.. its a matter of what district you are in.. if its a merit based one you will be good, if it goes more on hierarchy you may be stuck in your role for longer then you would like. It really all depends.. You will meet "lifers" who are happy at the branch level. They are usually pleasant but a few can be stuck in their ways and not want to adapt to the times. We had a colleague who was a stickler for the rules. A lot of times it impacted her customer service.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It is a place where you can build a great career if you can deliver great work.

May 6, 2021 - Scrum Master
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional team mates, caring leadership, and flexible to ensure a great place to work - even when working remotely.

Cons

not much of the downside

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great pay and benefits but can be challenging

May 3, 2021 - Customer Contact Center Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, people, workplace, benefits and challenging work.

Cons

Lots of internal and external changes. Doesn't always think of the long term goal vs "must be done now"

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good coworkers

May 7, 2021 - Bank Teller
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers, good hours and start time

Cons

Not enough pay, room for advancement

Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,514 Reviews