U.S. Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

2,241 Ratings

3,748 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is hard to manage (in 131 reviews)

• Low pay versus similar competitors (in 124 reviews)

1. "US Bancorp has good opportunities for education and advancement, but not health insurance."

Current Employee - Programmer II in Collierville, TN
    Current Employee - Programmer II in Collierville, TN

Pros

At US Bancorp, I have an opportunity to learn more about what I do on a daily basis. I like knowing that if I work hard enough, I can advance in my career. US Bancorp supports higher education by paying for a portion of tuition, which is very helpful to anyone who wishes to go back to school for further degrees.

Cons

The health insurance is the main downside at US Bancorp. It's better than no insurance, but it's certainly not the best. All the different options for putting together your insurance plan can be confusing, and sometimes you're left to wonder if you made the right decisions along the way.

Advice to Management

When things change, tell the people below you. At one point, my direct manager changed, but I was not told of the change, so I continued to go to my previous manager. There seems to be a lack of cumminication from management.

"A Strong Bank"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The culture of employee's. I also enjoy how others don't mind taking a minute out of their time to share their knowledge with questions. This is also a Bank that will always be around through the tough times.

Cons

Trying to keep track of you lapel pin. Can't order yellow sticky pads. (Not really a downside, I just thought it was funny. It could be a reason why we are one of the few banks that are doing well in these troubled times.)

Advice to Management

Nothing yet.....

3. "Strong company. Excellent place to work, but needs better health benefits and workplace perks."

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Saint Louis, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Saint Louis, MI

Pros

The company did very well through the Credit and Mortgage Crisis and is positioned very well in the market. They take security service VERY serious and over all its a great place to work. There are opportunities for advancement, excellent workplace environment, and the management is great. Opportunities to work from home are also very nice. I can log in and work from home on days when it won't interfere with getting things done.

Cons

The Insurance Benefits are expensive. There is flexibility in the plans but for anything decent you have to pay an arm and a leg. I am very disappointed in the Insurance options presented, and as a result have a plan with a $2900 deductible and a health savings account I contribute $400/month to - So my monthly cost is affordable but I pay everything myself until I hit $2900 in deductibles for myself or $5800 for a family. With Health Care costs going up, I suppose its about the same everywhere. Free coffee in the workplace would be nice too. You can't get a cup of coffee unless you go to a machine and put in some money or join a coffee club with co-workers - come on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Great job steering through this economic marketplace mess! Work on improving the Health Insurance package to give people real, affordable options for managed care - I miss the days when I could afford to be in an HMO and go to the doctor with a reasonable co-pay.

4. "I love my Senior Management Team. I am very proud of our current status in the financial world."

Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Redding, CA
    Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Redding, CA

Pros

In the top 5 of strongest financial institutions

Cons

The buildings are not well kept, very run down compared to competition

Advice to Management

More training and better pay for the Retail Staff

5. "I really like my job!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Working with talented people! My co-workers are great! My boss encourages learning. I also really enjoy that my coworkers are very diverse. This brings a lot of different viewpoints to the table when problem solving. I LOVE our customer focus and feel that most managers really want to connect with the people they supervise.

We are also able to purchase an additional week of vacation. They take it out over the course of the year which is nice.

Cons

Some of my coworkers have a really negative attitude about the bank but refuse to move on to something they would enjoy.
    Our employee review process is kind of backwards. Bonuses and raises are given before our annual reviews have been done. If there is a reason for this, it has not been communicated to me. Getting feedback on goals and other projects has been difficult.

Advice to Management

To investigate additional ways to compensate employees beyond just financial compensation and health benefits (flexible schedules, ergonomically friendly workstations etc.)

6. "Great leadership working to improve a solid company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

Pros

Solid people in the back office/technical area.

Richard Davis has a solid vision to use the people in the bank to their potential. If you have have to coast in your career, then if you do a good job, they are happy. If you want to grow then senior management supports that, also.

Cons

Frugal .... but financially sound. It's bank. And they are supposed to conservative. The largest shareholder is Warren Buffet. So, you know the business is well run. They are not flashy, but then USBank is doing the acquiring ... which is better than being acquired.

Advice to Management

Pay IT people better
    Get lower level management and staff to support your vision

7. "US Bank is like family"

Current Employee - Teller in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Shoreview, MN

Pros

I've worked for US Bank for 6 years and my co-workers are like family. We have fun at work. We joke around but when it comes to our customer service we give out 5 star service. We are very friendly with our customers and can call them by name. We have a loving atmosphere. Our bankers strive to help us with current knowledge of bank products. Our teller coordinator takes care of all of our scheduling and is very flexible about appointments and time restraints. We have many employees who have other side jobs or family commitments and our teller coordinator works around them. We are a goal oriented office, and we like to have little competitions to see who can do the most sales. We support each other. We love to get together after work for dinner or movies or other social events. We love coming to work because it is such a fun office.

Cons

re-formating management, cutting hours, freeze on hours and hiring, low salary

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, listen to employee feedback, ask for employee feedback, support employees

8. "U.S Bank is a great place for furthering your career goals."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN

Pros

The best reason to work for U.S. Bank would be the possibilities for both job and career advancement. The learning opportunities here are outstanding. Information sharing is another good reason for working at U.S. Bank. While each employee may not know what every other employee is doing, the employee will know quite a bit about what his or her department is doing.

Cons

The benefits are pretty average: health, dental, vision. There is a 401K match and a pension plan for anyone who is eligible.

Advice to Management

Positive reinforcement is understated. When employees handle issues, whether large or small, they like to know they're doing a good job. Not recognizing that hard work leads employees to feel that they're not performing well.

9. "Amazing company!"

Former Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Evergreen, CO
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Evergreen, CO

Pros

Absolutely an amazing company to work for, I would have retired with them if life had allowed me to do so.

Cons

Very little, except perhaps that there was not quite enough decisioning authority at the branch level. Economy hit hard, and small, though noticeable, things were cut, and customers recognized and were offended by this.

Advice to Management

Absolutely fabulous! Your direction and your leadership are wonderful - keep at it, and U.S. Bank will be a top three bank!

10. "Great place to work and grow professionally, while having fun and making a difference in people lifes."

Former Employee - Personal Banker III in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Personal Banker III in Henderson, NV

Pros

-USBank is a great company to work for.
    -Incredible benefits; paid time off to do volunteer work in community(most notable)
    -Amazing support system for daily job duties.
    -If you work hard you will be promote.
    -You can start entry level as a PB.
    -They pay for and you, to get certified as a PB.
    -Just a great company to work for!!!
    -Andy Fernandez is the best District Manager, I have ever had. I could never say enough good things about him!!

Cons

-Pay is a little less than other banks.
    -Dealing with people that have no reason having a checking account.
    -Balancing your $ drawer at the end of the day manually.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Showing 3,748 of 3,837 reviews