U.S. Food and Drug Administration Employee Reviews about "compared to industry"
79% would recommend to a friend
(13 total reviews)
Margaret Hamburg, M.D.
86% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are Politics and low pay." (in 35 reviews)
- "Poor management." (in 33 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to private sector jobs for similar knowledge and experience." (in 25 reviews)
- "A seasoned employee does not always equate to a good manager." (in 16 reviews)
- "Parking is terrible but they have Parking Assistants to help with parking in the garages." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of U.S. Food and Drug Administration and is not affected by filters.
Found 13 of over 1K reviews
Updated Dec 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "compared to industry"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jul 26, 2021ReviewerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Good work-life balance, Health insurance and other benefits are decent
Salary is not competitive compared to industry Admin process is complex and slow
- 5.0Jun 9, 2019Division DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSilver Spring, MD
Extremely rewarding to be a public servant, make impactful decisions. Surrounded by dedicated and experienced scientists.
Pay is stagnant and low compared to industry for high qualified PhDs.
- 4.0Jul 20, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
flexible work schedule, and being quite independent on your work
salary is not competitive compared to industry peers
- 3.0Jan 26, 2013Division Director SecretaryFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsRockville, MD
Government pay and benefits were very good compared to private industry. This was the easiest job I have ever had and lots of free time on my hands. More employees than were necessary... More leave than you could possibly use....
Waste of taxpayers money. Period. I hear people complain about how they are so overworked their now and it makes me sick because of all the waste.1
- 3.0Feb 11, 2019ChemistFormer Employee, more than 3 years
- Good work life balance - Coworkers are very helpful
- Management is very poor with an extremely slow hiring process - Nepotism leads to less success - Low salary compared to industry2