U.S. Healthworks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Daniel D. Crowley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The staff gives great patient care (in 5 reviews)

• Good environment nice people and staff (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • To be successful there needs to be all hands on deck when it comes to patient care (in 11 reviews)

• bad upper management, recent changes have dramatically brought down company morale (in 8 reviews)

1. "I am a physical therapist"

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time

Pros

friendly environment and co-workers make it worthwhile

Cons

There are cons to every job

2. "Health Insurance"

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours and great employees

Cons

Health Insurance too expensive and understaffed

3. "Benefits"

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment and colleagues. People work as a Team!!!

Cons

Can work better on Benefits

Advice to Management

None

4. "Disgraceful"

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time

Pros

Direct supervisors/managers are wonderful. Helpful, caring and patient. Wonderful work environment.

Cons

Upper management, the ones who never see the clinics, make decisions with no regard for patient care. Not replacing staff when they leave, expecting that the remaining staff can continue to take care of more and more patients with less staff. This puts patients at risk, but they don't care, as long as their "numbers" look good.

"No room for growth/quick turn around.. do not take less than $15 per hr as a patient registrar."

Pros

401k match & steady company, steady paycheck. Hope and pray you have good coworkers..I have nothing else to write regarding their positive stuff.

Cons

Toxic coworkers, gossiping, company does not appreciate their employees and only care about their profits, expensive insurance, no room for growth

Advice to Management

Reward your employees,

"All the good you do means nothing if one mistake is made."

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've learned a lot from the physicians I've worked with, and this has reflected in my school studies(currently pre-med college student) My love for improving the way the medical field operates has continued to grow as I continue to see more and more flaws with this current system.

Cons

Absolutely no positive feedback from managers. They only focus on negatives. I've made 4 miniscule mistakes in the past 4 months and the manager got permission from HR to not only write me up, but jump to a final notice to try and have me fired for simple things like not scanning in a consent form to the EMR, or not walking a patient to the Physical therapy department. 4 mistakes like this is all it took for her to want permission for a final notice. I work 50+ hours a week and have never received a raise in the 3 years I've worked for them. This company absolutely does not care about the employee. They only care about the money to be made.

Advice to Management

This company is managed like a grocery store. If we don't use a supply enough, they will no longer let us order it. A patient came in with a fracture to his C2 and we had no cervical collar to give him because we hardly ever have patients with severe cervical spine injuries, so the clinic simply stopped ordering them. Can you imagine how embarrassing that 911 call was that I had to make?

7. "US Healthworks"

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time

Pros

Very busy environment so time goes by quick

Cons

Long wait times for patients

Advice to Management

Change the computer system for documentation

8. "The end of the road"

I worked at U.S. Healthworks full-time

Pros

Not much good to report.

Cons

This was a weak copy of Concentra. Now Concentra has bought the U.S. Healthworks, and will make it a clone of the greedy original.

Advice to Management

The top management is gone. All of their simpleminded fumbling now belongs to Concentra.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Healthworks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Staff at the clinic
    - Aspects of the job
         - Financials
         - Mentoring
         - Patient Care
         - Scheduling
         - Chart Audits
         - Client Relations
         - Budgeting
    - Paid Holidays without having to use PTO
    - Work Comp Facility that isn’t just the “Company Doctor”
    - Regional Billing Office provides excellent support to the Clinics

Cons

- No Communication about the Merger, which affects the lives of dedicated employees and their families
    - Regional Leadership
    - Leadership who make operational decisions who seem to have no experience in a clinic setting
    - Favoritism
    - Benefits are expensive and most spend half of their paycheck to provide health insurance
    - Compensation is low and hours per week are extreme
    - Decrease positions and place more responsibility on the Center which is already understaffed
    - Vacation is not really vacation because you are contacted for items needed by Leadership, when they know you are on vacation.
    - Told that incentives are part of your salary.
    - Webinars are not informative, nor productive.

Advice to Management

When you walk into a Center, speak to the clinic staff. Every position within the company is important, and you are not the greatest thing that has walked through our door this week. Provide information to your dedicated employees- we are still here after being told of the Merger in October 2017- so they are not blindsided by lost income, decreased pay, or anything else that could factor into a life change.

This company use to be an incredible employer. The last year has been everything but.

10. "Run."

I worked at U.S. Healthworks full-time

Pros

Competitive Salary
    401K option (rare in most healthcare jobs)

Cons

Very limited time off (2 weeks for the first 5 years and major holiday days)
    Vacation time accrues, so you have to wait to take multiple days off until your time builds up
    Outdated cell phone policy that states you can't bring your phone to work or risk being fired
    Expensive benefits (ex: $300 a month cost, with a $3500 yearly deductible for a mid-level plan)
    Very limited upward mobility (almost none)
    Raises are extremely minimal (think around 0.03%)
    Clinics are run-down, dirty and crudely "decorated" - many were acquired by USHW buying out a private clinic, but were not renovated or redesigned. Depressing environment to work in.
    Continuity of corporate business procedure differs from clinic to clinic
    Minimal job training and on-boarding when you start

Summary: This company is solely profit-driven. If you come here thinking you are going to help patients, you are mistaken and should look somewhere else. Patients = Money. End of story. Workmen's compensation banks on the fact that patients get injured; there are multiple metrics this company utilizes to track injuries, and when more come through the door, this is celebrated. Corporate members even joke about "going out to hit people" to meet their injury "numbers" for the month. Expensive medications will be dispensed over identical, but less costly medications, because they can charge more for them, raising profit margins. When a patient enters the therapeutic care portion of the company (physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic), they will often make rounds through each specialty, sometimes over the course of months or years, even if their symptoms are minimal or obviously magnified. Therapists, on the other hand, are required to see multiple patients at a time (3, sometimes 4 at once), and if you are at a busy center with multiple therapy practitioners, you will rarely follow a patient through their care: they will be placed on whoever's schedule has an opening, so patients will sometimes see 3-5 different practitioners through the course of their care.
    If you're looking to be a healthcare provider and actually help people, look elsewhere. That is not this company's focus: numbers and productivity rates are. Patient care is left to the practitioner to decide, thankfully, but god forbid you end up at a busy center with a manager who wants everything streamlined, in which case you'll be forced to practice exactly like every other practitioner there, even if you know you can provide something better for the patient that will help them. Should you choose to do what you think is best, you risk being harassed frequently on your clinical decision-making.

Run, don't walk, away from this company, unless you are desperate. There are many better options out there.