U.S. Marketing & Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

U.S. Marketing & Promotions Reviews

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Simon Temperley

1. "Fun and casual, hands on company with poor management"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Marina del Rey, CA

Pros

Casual and fun atmosphere. Amazing benefits. Flexible about personal time off for doctors appointments, etc.

Cons

Poor management, lack of communication from upper management, poor salary, and huge work load

Advice to Management

Communicate more with employees, offer raises when deserved and overdue

2. "Second hand company"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL

I worked at U.S. Marketing & Promotions as a contractor

Pros

Ensured work and flexible hours.

Cons

Located on the 3rd Floor! 3hrs warm ups! Working outdoors rain or shine, hot or cold, to sign customers to an alternate utility supplier.

Advice to Management

None

3. "It is what it is."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great work hours, decent pay, fair environment. They do too many surprise audits that really keep you on your toes.

Cons

Too much extra materials they send out that are only used a few times then get discarded, or stored at my home.

Advice to Management

Keep the field employees better informed with some more useful information and relevant advice to everyday workings and sales techniques.

4. "Fun place to work."

Former Employee - Brand Reprentative/PR (AT&T At AT&T Park, San Francisco) in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There were several good reasons to work for USMP. Competitive pay, some nice perks relating to whatever job you are working on. Some travel for mid-level managers. For contract workers, don't get to excited about the company because you probably will only work one job. It was a ton of fun for me, but I was only working for them for about six months. Overall, I would recommend working for them.

Cons

They have a limited number of permanent employees. Most of us worked on a contract basis.

Advice to Management

Try to build loyalty and offer future work to your best contract workers.

5. "Upper management may be missing out on big money making opportunities,"million dollar ideas",are being overlooked."

Current Employee - Market Representative/Specialty Accounts in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Market Representative/Specialty Accounts in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

This is a very reputable company, where experience in Marketing is equally important to your experience in Veterinary Care and Nutrition.

Cons

Being such a big company, located on the West coast, it can be difficult to communicate any creative ideas, for company profit, to the right individuals.

Advice to Management

To give their representatives a chance to have access to higher management, with any ideas or concerns in the market. Establishing a system that allows for an opportunity to expand to new clients. Knowledge of store grand openings should be a bigger priority, within each individual market. Representatives should have an opportunity to widen the range of store coverage, as the economy warrants. As bigger busier stores open, the company needs to stay more proactive in this.

6. "Great place to start, enjoy, and move on with your life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

They are good with balancing fun and work- plenty of personal time, recreational activities and a good atmosphere for all employees. The employees are all younger, so it is fun around the office hanging out with everyone. The owner is really laid back and willing to talk to employees and enjoy the time around the office. The fact that it is downtown and next to a DART station make it easy to get to work, especially if you want to save money. They pay for your parking or for your DART pass. Everyone there is friendly and wants to see you succeed.

Cons

It was all young people- there is not a lot of room for growth and the pay for starting out is not great. In fact, they make everyone start out as an intern as a way to keep college kids around for minimum wage. When it is time to give these interns full time jobs, they do not always give them jobs. It is not the problem of the managers, it is the system at which they work. They can only be promoted if there are jobs available for them, which is probably not going to happen in this awful job market.

Advice to Management

Be careful, as the market is in flux and if they lose a big client they don't have patience for those at the top.

7. "Great short term opportunity"

Current Employee - Market Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Sacramento, CA

Pros

good company, good management support, good pay, FUN job

Cons

when a promotion ends, the entire team is laid off. I was laid off along with my sales team of 20, my regional manager, the account executive, and I was one of 5 markets this happened to. there was no effort made on management's part to relocate any of us int the company.

Advice to Management

n

8. "Customer service representative"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at U.S. Marketing & Promotions as a contractor

Pros

Positive outlook, decent training, deal face to face with Managment

Cons

Lack of professionalism no standard for what people look like or how they carry them self, and people think seniority means a wealth of knowledge and it seems people don't know basic math to better explain the products to consumers

9. "Great part time job"

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Demonstrator
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Demonstrator

Pros

This is the best part time position I have held. If you are a people person and love to interact with customers and store employees, this is the best part time job to hold. For a college student, I could not be more satisfied with the flexibility of hours and the great pay for it being mainly a weekend job. This allowed me to intern during the week and earn extra income on the weekends for more "fun" type things in my budget. The only reason I left is because I graduated from college and wanted to begin my career where there would be no time for me to work this job on the weekends anymore.

Cons

The only cons I can think of for this particular job is sometimes you feel you are on your own. You are responsible for making your shifts, and will only receive direct support when your manager comes to visit with you.

Advice to Management

My best advice to management would be to do a better job in regulating what materials get sent to their employees. With the amount of marketing material we received, my tiny apartment couldn't hold all of it!

10. "Great"

Current Employee - Promotional Model
    Current Employee - Promotional Model

Pros

Flexible, great boss, very understandable

Cons

The pay takes a few weeks but it always shows up

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!