U.S. Money Reserve Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
U.S. Money Reserve President Philip N. Diehl
Philip N. Diehl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Verification Coordinator- update since May 2018"

Current Employee - Verification Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Verification Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at U.S. Money Reserve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I still believe there are tons of training opportunities. The work is fun and easy going. Lots to do to satisfy busy bodies like myself. I just celebrated my one year,... alone and at my desk but hey, I got emails from those who cared enough to share their appreciation!! Pay is good, food brought in often, the work itself is primarily independent, some down time here and there, team builders are great!
    Satisfied for the most part.

Cons

Like I mentioned I celebrated my one year alone at my desk. I'm not a favorite as a previous employee brought up, that's a thing. Hoping it improves,.... but it is all true. Talking about the bad behavior is frowned upon. Being honest about it only causes you to be shunned. There are tons of training opportunities but it's like pulling teeth, management is there, but will not provide you more than they want you to know. They talk about trust a lot but I feel like they put a lot of trust in the wrong people.
    Satisfied for the most part.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally. The privileged won't stay when another opportunity comes along. Gratitude can be shown in many different forms not just with a fake smile at happy hour.

Jan 9, 2019 – VP Marketing and Communications

We really appreciate you investing the time to share your thoughts on what it is like to work here. We are happy to learn that you are satisfied for the most part. When reading your comments in... More

2. "Account Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at U.S. Money Reserve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Physical gold coin bonuses, fun atmosphere

Cons

if you cant find at least one repeat buyer you will starve, bonuses are given and sometimes taken away for reasons other than performance. You cant take time off or call in sick without being reprimanded and belittled. revolving door a salesmen every month

Advice to Management

Hire good salesmen and keep them happy during low gold buying seasons so they wont quit or starve.

Oct 29, 2018 – VP Marketing and Communications

We appreciate the time you invested to write this review. We are very happy that you listed us as a "fun atmosphere". As you know we all work hard to make sure we enjoy our time as much as we can... More

3. "Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at U.S. Money Reserve part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, good work life balance

Cons

Cliquey and there was lack of guidance

Advice to Management

Give better feedback

Jul 23, 2018 – Social Media Intern

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to review our company and are sorry you are not pleased with the guidance and feedback you received during your time here. As a current intern at the... More

4. "Yes. I would definitely recommend!"

Pros

The department managers are very friendly and offer support to employees. Hiring manager was great. All are knowledgeable and offer open door policy to succeed.

Cons

Starting pay should be increased. Money is why we look for jobs. The better the incentive, the better the results.

Advice to Management

Keep success as goal with effective communication being one of the tools

May 14, 2018 – VP Marketing and Communications

We appreciate your positive rating and review. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your opinion.

"Verification Processor"

Former Employee - Verification
    Former Employee - Verification

I worked at U.S. Money Reserve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Occasionally we got awful little sandwiches that were dry.

Cons

Where do I start? Theres bullying, not just from coworkers but management as well. Its a known fact throughout the company, and while I was there at least no one did anything about it. No one cares. The favoritism, if I messed up small time it was like the end of the world. But if the favorites messed up, well, it was funny, and not a problem, even if it was at the expense of the customer. I was also not allowed to have friends. I was singled out and isolated. The one person who saw everything and thought it was awful, they wouldnt let me speak to. Quitting was the best thing Ive ever done. Working there made me suicidal. I dont recommend it, not for anyone.

Advice to Management

Hire some people based on skill, not the make up they wear

May 21, 2018 – VP Marketing and Communications

Thank you for investing the time to write your review of our company. We are disappointed to read that you felt you were unable to share your concerns or issues surrounding bullying and/or being... More

"Boiler Room"

I worked at U.S. Money Reserve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mandatory 1.5 hour lunch break every day

Cons

Horrible benefits. No value to work-life balance.

May 14, 2018 – VP Marketing and Communications

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our company. While it looks like you didn't enjoy your time here, we appreciate your perspective.

"Not good, not bad, just basic."

I worked at U.S. Money Reserve full-time

Pros

The company does a lot of product launches at nice restaurants and they'll usually do a company lunch once a month or so. Casual attire. Free soda and candy.

Cons

A lot of micromanaging and incompetent people. There are no annual pay increases. You typically get a small Christmas bonus but they make sure to make you feel like you're not going to get it. There is a lot of office drama that is reminiscent of high school. No room for growth or advancement within any department.

May 14, 2018 – VP Marketing and Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We believe we hire great team members and wish that your experience was more reflective of those that have enjoyed working at USMR.

8. "Team environment that builds lasting bonds with co-workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at U.S. Money Reserve full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits program. Competitive pay. Great co-workers.

Cons

Not really a con, but everyone is expected to work hard and be the best you can be at your job. No slackers allowed!

Oct 16, 2017 – Senior Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for investing the time to write your review. We agree on all fronts, there is definitely not any slacker attitudes in the group!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at U.S. Money Reserve full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like working "voluntary" shifts and 6 days a week, this is a good place to be.

Cons

Working 6 days a week to make a paycheck leaves no room for a family life. At this company, you are only as good as your last pay check and sales. The company has many problems. All good reviews are obviously placed on this site by management. The companies actual rating would be one Star only, if management didn't add all these "anonymous" employee reviews. This company only cares about you, if you sell their overpriced products day in and day out. Management will try to pay Glassdoor to remoeve any real and honest reviews like this. This is no rosy company to work for. It's a simple boiler room, just like the owner likes it.

Advice to Management

Quit putting fake posts on this site to make your company look good. Actually care about your employees and give them time to be with their families. Most people who work here are on medications for blood pressure and stress, and the company doesn't care... Many drink alcohol and have drug problems and get divorced. The management reviews are ridiculous. Just read them and you will see... This isn't exactly IBM or some cool place to work. This is a boiler room company. Sell all you can, or you are out the door! Like they care about their employees... just money making free labor... commission only pay.

Oct 16, 2017 – Senior Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time provide your feedback. We are sorry that we have not lived up to your expectations. Our company is led by a mother of 7 children all in their teens or younger, and... More

10. "Great family driven company"

I have been working at U.S. Money Reserve full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company truly cares about the employees
    Hard work is recognized
    Company is growing but not loosing its values along the way

Cons

Spontaneous decisions and changes can cause disruptions

Advice to Management

Keep with the "USMR family feeling".
    Keep trying new things.
    Looking for more open communication

Aug 28, 2017 – VP Marketing and Communications

We appreciate you investing the time to write a review. Your feedback is well received and appreciated.