U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews | Glassdoor

U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews

Updated August 11, 2017

Full-timePart-time

2.7
U.S. Physical Therapy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Chris Reading
Chris Reading

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Happy to call it home"

Current Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. The flexibility. The leadership. The willingness to collaborate. The proactive approach to evolving with the times/industry. I feel the stability here with my job and with the company.

Cons

Wish people working within departments didn't believe that voicing their ideas on improving a process or service is a scary/bad thing. Speak up.

Advice to Management

Make sure people always know how much you care, and how important you think they are to the company.

2. "Wonderful people to work with."

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Dundalk, MD
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Dundalk, MD

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a nice place to work with good people. It can get a little hectic at times but we keep each other sane.

Cons

Most clinics tend not to do what they are supposed to so that it falls back on the billing office.

Advice to Management

Hold the clinics more accountable for their errors.

"Stay Away"

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None that make any difference to the employees

Cons

Benefits are overpriced compared to similar companies. Do not match on the 401K. Upper management pay is too high for the size of the company.

Advice to Management

When you have a CEO that is making over 800K in salary and cashing in stock yearly in the range of 1.3 million, something is wrong with the salaries the people in the trenches are making considering the size of the company. Perhaps the upper management should donate their increases for a couple of years to bring their employees up to a more realistic salary. Top management has also forgotten where they came from in order to understand how employees feel and what they need. As the company is now run, you will never be part of the Great Places to Work For listing...

"USPH/IRG both are to be avoided!"

Former Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patients. EMR system is workable.

Cons

Unsupportive management at all levels above the clinical directors. Human resources is aggressive and unsupportive of employees. Pay is limited to your starting wage with no increases, and promised bonus do not come through.

Advice to Management

Former HealthSouth management team runs this very much the same way, only taking care of upper level management, promising but not delivering and productivity focused not quality focused.

5. "Better pay and bonuses needed"

Current Employee - Office
    Current Employee - Office

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Company parties are nice.

Cons

Pay is terrible. Corporate needs to look at what is fair compensation currently.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth and a simple bonus formula would be fair too.

"Innovative workplace"

Current Employee - Clinic Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Clinic Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

USPh is a great opportunity where you can learn how to be your own boss (management style is present but allows you to grow your clinic based on your own style/ expertise). The reason why I came to USPh is due to my strong desire to own my own physical therapy clinic. This company has allowed me the opportunity to grow as a businessman and build a business on someone else's dime. I don't think I will work my whole career for this company but I believe that I learned skills that will last my entire career

Cons

The pay ins't competitive for Clinic Directors and they need to be more liberal with raises/ bonus structure when an employee is going above and beyond. Also, the work hours can be extensive depending on your supplementary staff. It can be difficult to manage a full case load while also maintaining administrative duties/ marketing strategies

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your employees, I believe the model is strong and can work regardless of healthcare changes. A company that believes in its individual workers and trusts in their creativity will be successful in any climate.

"I wanted to love it..."

Former Employee - Receptionist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working with patients and having the opportunity to learn new things. The benefits were good and the pto time was ok.

Cons

I did so much for so little pay. Corporate only sees dollar signs and not people that put their heart and soul into working there.

Advice to Management

Really get to know and notice the things that your employees are doing. Some are going above and beyond without getting any recognition at all.

"Clerk"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Hamilton, NC
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Hamilton, NC

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers work well together busy

Cons

Over worked employees they need to revamp the whole computer system n let their employees make they own corrections

"representative"

Former Employee - Representative in Stanwood, MI
    Former Employee - Representative in Stanwood, MI

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to earn monthly bonuses.

Cons

Heavy workload. No regular employee reviews.

"Good place to work for some departments"

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

For most part, energy at workplace is positive, but opportunities for growth and your deemed value to the company depends on which department you work for and who you report to; some managers have great rapport with the Executives and as a result, their department is afforded more leeway and recognition. If you work for a manager who is not "in" with the higher-ups though, expect to be largely ignored.

Cons

Even when the company reports a great year in terms of profits/revenues, it doesn't trickle down to the worker bee, who will continue to work for same wages, which is flat or stagnant.

Advice to Management

Be more egalitarian in treatment of worker bees.