U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews | Glassdoor

U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews

Updated July 14, 2017

1.0
U.S. Physical Therapy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Chris Reading
Chris Reading

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"USPH/IRG both are to be avoided!"

Former Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patients. EMR system is workable.

Cons

Unsupportive management at all levels above the clinical directors. Human resources is aggressive and unsupportive of employees. Pay is limited to your starting wage with no increases, and promised bonus do not come through.

Advice to Management

Former HealthSouth management team runs this very much the same way, only taking care of upper level management, promising but not delivering and productivity focused not quality focused.

"Clerk"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Hamilton, NC
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Hamilton, NC

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers work well together busy

Cons

Over worked employees they need to revamp the whole computer system n let their employees make they own corrections

"representative"

Former Employee - Representative in Stanwood, MI
    Former Employee - Representative in Stanwood, MI

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to earn monthly bonuses.

Cons

Heavy workload. No regular employee reviews.

"Stay away from this company!"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL

Pros

They occasionally pay their bills on time.

Cons

The group that I was a part of was taken over by USPh. After that, it was all downhill. No leadership. No accountability. It's all about the bottom line. They imposed a minimum visits per day requirement without any attempt to understand how the group had previously been successful. It lead to the inevitable decline in quality of care, poor morale and worse performance. So then they cut staffing which further worsened matters. It gotten to the point where I had to leave because I had grown to hate a job I had once loved.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management. They're doing great. The stock price is up. They're rolling in the dough. My advice is for investors and potential employees.

For investors, stay away from this company. It is being built on a house of cards. They are rapidly acquiring new groups and clinics without the infrastructure to support it. Most of the leadership is former HealthSouth guys. You would think they would have learned their lesson.

For potential employees, stay away from this company...unless you like the life and passion sucked from you by a bunch of bean counters who only care about volume.

Actually, I do have some advice for management... Don't think you are fooling anyone by posting fake positive reviews on this page. Only corporate monkeys talk about "culture".

Jan 28, 2016 – CEO

I am not sure what to say other than I am truly sorry you had what felt like was a bad experience. The vast majority of the partner-focused deals we have done have occurred without turnover in staff... More

"Focused on getting paid only"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Webster, TX
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Webster, TX

Pros

Treatment autonomy, mostly orthopedic pts and no weekends

Cons

Despite 16 yrs experience, 8 in spotts mediicine OP clinic, only paid $75,000/yr for 60+ hour week. They attempt to entice you with completely unattainable bonus program. Furthermore, have to see 3 pts/hr more concerned with pushing paper, marketing and administrative duties than building positive treatment outcome refferal base.
    Also, PTAs in upper management dictating how to properly treat and manange patient load when they do visit clinic.
    Although salaried, treat you like an hourly time clock worker uf come in a little late, sfter working 10 hours previous day, if have cancellation on the books . Truly worst work environment in my 16 years as PT.

Advice to Management

Let positive RX outcomes drive patient refferals not cheap marketing ploys or appeasing greedy wotk comp managers. Also, back up therapist against poor upper management scrutiny. Basically, if pts are improving quickly, safely, effectively and referring doctor is pleased, do not fixate and on minor administrative concerns.

Jan 28, 2016 – VP, Human Resources

We are sorry to hear that were not satisfied with the salary that you initially accepted when you took on your role with us. Bonus programs and clinic scheduling preferences are partnership... More

"No future with this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Pay is good, and benefits are ok.

Cons

US Physical Therapy does not promote from within, which makes it difficult to move up into a management position if you do not have a degree. Job listings clearly state degree required. Educational assistance is not offered for office personnel.

7. "Stay Away"

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None that make any difference to the employees

Cons

Benefits are overpriced compared to similar companies. Do not match on the 401K. Upper management pay is too high for the size of the company.

Advice to Management

When you have a CEO that is making over 800K in salary and cashing in stock yearly in the range of 1.3 million, something is wrong with the salaries the people in the trenches are making considering the size of the company. Perhaps the upper management should donate their increases for a couple of years to bring their employees up to a more realistic salary. Top management has also forgotten where they came from in order to understand how employees feel and what they need. As the company is now run, you will never be part of the Great Places to Work For listing...

8. "Better pay and bonuses needed"

Current Employee - Office
    Current Employee - Office

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Company parties are nice.

Cons

Pay is terrible. Corporate needs to look at what is fair compensation currently.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth and a simple bonus formula would be fair too.

"Accounting"

Pros

There are no pros for working here.

Cons

Compliance; communication; compensation; benefits; development of employees

Advice to Management

Need to work towards better compliance with regulations in Accounting and put an effort into higher standard for employees

"From a clinic employee, corporate gets what?"

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

I love the patients we see, but that could be said for any clinic in our area. The staff that we have remaining is friendly. Several have left to work elsewhere.

Cons

Corporate greed. Our clinic was acquired by USPH. Patient care doesn't matter at all and the quality has decreased based on corporate directives. It sounds like corporate employees aren't treated that well, but they are treated better than those in the clinics. In reading the earlier reviews, at least you all get fun things like parties throughout the year. Of course I'd rather receive a matching 401k than a yearly party.

The IT systems are horrible. We had a good system in place and were forced by the IT director to change systems. Now we don't have a decent scheduler and none of our notes are electronic. We were told by IT that we were going electronic and that still hasn't happened.

Accounting is just as bad. We have had services shut off due to our bills not being paid.

Advice to Management

Zero advice to offer as they don't care. Those in charge only care about pumping up the stock price so they can cash our the massive amounts of options they have acquired. Fat cat stock options while those doing the work have poor medical benefits and zero retirement options.

Jan 28, 2016 – VP, Human Resources

It is great to hear that you have a passion for treating patients and that you enjoy the staff at your local clinic. Quality patient care and positive work atmosphere for our physical therapists and... More