U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews | Glassdoor

U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews

2.0
U.S. Physical Therapy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Chris Reading
Chris Reading

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone seemed to be friendly and cared.

Cons

No sense of direction as where the company was going.

Jan 28, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your service to our company. I am sorry that you felt under-informed about the goals and objectives of the company. All of our sales associates participate in our Master’s training... More

"Nothing but another face."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open bar at company functions. Management doesn't know what is happening most of the time so you never hear from them. The people actually doing the work are great to work with and can be trusted.

Cons

Executives don't care about employees. Shady business practices are common. Employees in the clinics are treated like slaves. The top level execs will do anything to make the stock go higher even when the company isn't moving in the right direction. Bonus structure is actual stock shares but most of the employees are lied to and told a bonus program doesn't exist.

Advice to Management

Management is aware of the issues and they don't plan to change.

"Message from a former employee"

Former Employee - Therapist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Therapist in Houston, TX

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to gain experience.
    The company is on all the major insurance contracts to be an in-network provider. This is helpful to market to potential referral sources.

Cons

It makes little to no sense to partner with a company that is going to take the majority of the profits (and that makes you sign a 10 mile noncompete). Opening up your own practice is not as hard as you think nor does it take that much of a capital investment. There are plenty of books and courses on how you can go solo. Additionally, there are companies that will help you get insurance credentialed that will take a lot of the headaches to become an in-network provider.

Advice to Management

Do not let the numbers dictate the way that you want your therapists to treat. Profits will come from superior service and patient outcomes.

"We all work for them."

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company in a dominate field. Stable growth due to acquisitions and management.

Cons

Upper management design to reward only partnership holders and the top levels are typical of the corporate greed in many companies. No match for the 401k unless you are in the right group. The low salary would be ok in exchange for steady employment. Arrogance creates a divide between management and the worker bees. Makes a person feel less hopeful and valuable. Not worthy of the club. The dishonesty is the biggest insult.

Advice to Management

We know when you make up stories to keep everyone working working working.

Jan 28, 2016 – CEO

It is well known that our company places significant value on our therapists and our partners; without whom we would not be able to significantly improve our patient’s lives in a meaningful way... More

"Was great, room for improvement"

Pros

Was a very productive corporate employee. Got the job done! I was let go based on I don't know what....

Cons

Benefits were ok, not great. Leadership was biased

Jan 28, 2016 – VP, Human Resources

We are sorry to hear that you are no longer employed with us, but we wish you future success.

"Uneventful, made to feel like you are invisible"

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

pay was okay for job description -
    fellow co-workers good to work with

Cons

no room for growth, working 10-12 hour days some days no lunch break
    no support / recognition of extra's done
    feel like just a number to help them make money,
    lacking in overall patient quality of care

"I was a full time employee for 15+yrs"

Former Employee - PTA
    Former Employee - PTA

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I had a very supportive boss but she had little support from upper mgmt. Paid time off is accrued according to yrs of work with the company and must be used each calendar yr and doesn't carry over. Good benefits with regards to cont ed.

Cons

Poor pay levels with very few raises. Bonus program is a joke; almost impossible to attain. Two of the five areas of your annual evaluation you have NO control over and shouldn't even be considered.

Advice to Management

Share the love with the lower level employees who are actually doing the work. It's not always about the numbers.

"In some ways good...in some ways bad"

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

Pretty good job security. Pleasant working conditions.

Cons

Poor wages for office help. Yearly raises iffy despite profitability. Bad retirement plan.

Advice to Management

Less high paying executive jobs. Focus on your clinics, they bring in the paychecks.

"Learned that you can't trust corporate healthcare."

Former Employee - Partner/Director
    Former Employee - Partner/Director

Pros

Good business experience. Fairly good benefits. Help in marketing your practice. Good value to trips to Houston for experience with other partners. As far as corporate models to work for - Concentra, Physio, Hospital based, it is one of the better ones if you can deal with a non-compete and dont wont to go out on your own.

Cons

They don't honor there own contracts. You really have no say in your clinic, despite what they may tell you. They will compete against you locally b/c their focus is on profits and ease of management. Takes too long for a decision to be made. I used to joke that if I called them on Friday to tell them my clinic was on fire, they would wait until Friday after they have their corporate meetings to call to tell me to call they fire department.

Advice to Management

Don't let your corporate mantra ruin it for your local clinics who thrive on their own reputations. You need to base your partners more, b/c after a few years you wind up having the same risk as you would owning your own clinic with not as much of a reward. Remember news travels fast in the PT world.