U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews | Glassdoor

U.S. Physical Therapy Reviews

Rating Trends Rating Trends
U.S. Physical Therapy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Chris Reading
Chris Reading
1 Rating

"Company is WAY behind the times."

Former Employee - Clinic Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Clinic Director in Austin, TX

Pros

Billing support, continuing education assistance was solid ($1200/year), company has 401K but no matching, training for directors was adequate but did lack follow-up.

Cons

This company is stuck in the stone age of health care. Literally. No electronic documentation system. Not supportive and completely behind in online digital marketing. Complete lack of organizational strategy and accountability. No outcomes monitoring or preparation for bundled payment or quality care which is likely the future of PT. They don't even allow their clinics to have a Facebook page or Twitter account for marketing because they are scared of the HIPAA implications. This is something that somehow every other clinic in the free world has worked around because of basic common sense. Overall, I felt like this company was significantly more concerned with the bottom line than caring about its employees and checking in with them regularly to see how the clinic and life was going. It reminded me of the U.S. Government. Too big to fail but too big to care and actually do anything well.

Advice to Management

Get with the program and hire people that aren't 60 years old and have been out of the clinic for decades to have influence in your company. Health care is evolving. Quickly. You would be wise to evolve with it or get left behind. You don't have an electronic documentation system, and your scheduling system is horrible. The size of this company and available resources makes this completely unacceptable.

Mar 29, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

I believe that everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion and that through the input of those who are actively engaged in our profession (as leaders) we can make a great difference. This is ... More

"Physical Therapist"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company, more organized HR dept than private practices

Cons

Lower salary, no 401k match, no profit sharing, no bonus

Jan 28, 2016 – VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your experience as a clinician within one of our private practice partnerships. We do strive to offer an extremely competitive benefits package with annual continuing ... More

"Great Company but there's room for Improvement!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the reasons that I have stuck around is that my boss allows us to have a flexible schedule as long as your work gets done and on time. We are also extremely lucky to still have a company Holiday party in December and a Fun day at Moody Gardens in Galveston as a thank you for all the hard work.

Cons

The benefits are a little lacking, especially as they don’t match your 401k. Pay is under most of the industries standards in all departments and they have lost a lot of great employees because of this. They also don’t really promote from within, if they do the pay really isn't worth the additional work and headaches. There aren't really an advancement opportunities unless you are in the Operations side of it.

Advice to Management

Upper management does a great job of running the company and directing it in a way to keep this company growing. However, this comes with a down side, each time they add clinics it creates a huge amount additional work for us. They forget that we are the force behind them; most departments are understaffed and have been for a while. They have recently starting hiring in certain departments but there needs to be more.

Jan 28, 2016 – CEO

I agree that there is always room for improvement. I also understand that we have been in a growth mode for some time. Based on the layoffs of many other Companies right now in Houston, I feel very ... More

"Experience"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Memphis, TN

Pros

It is a great place to gain experience

Cons

There is really know way for front office workers to advance

Advice to Management

n/a

"Good place to work for some departments"

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

For most part, energy at workplace is positive, but opportunities for growth and your deemed value to the company depends on which department you work for and who you report to; some managers have great rapport with the Executives and as a result, their department is afforded more leeway and recognition. If you work for a manager who is not "in" with the higher-ups though, expect to be largely ignored.

Cons

Even when the company reports a great year in terms of profits/revenues, it doesn't trickle down to the worker bee, who will continue to work for same wages, which is flat or stagnant.

Advice to Management

Be more egalitarian in treatment of worker bees.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Medical Receptionist
    Former Employee - Medical Receptionist

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job and most therapists really do care about what's best for the patients

Cons

There's no room for improvement unless you go from being receptionist to doing billing and it stops there. Working alongside the physical therapists, there is such a stress on them to see enough patients to make the corporation enough money. To corporate, they aren't humans who need help, they're an account number in their system they can bill. The stress on the therapists and the stress that's put on the biller or receptionist is not worth the meager salary.

Advice to Management

Realize the reason why patients return is because they feel they're time is valued and their needs are the highest priority, not what insurance they have and how quickly they can be swept out the door.

Jan 28, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Personally, I hate it when someone feels that they didn’t have a good experience. While it may not be possible to please everyone- and I am not necessarily aware of every individual’s situation ... More

"Great people to work with but no room for advancement"

I have been working at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

really enjoy people in my department, everyone is friendly. No issue with leaving early or taking time off if needed for family or personal issues.

Cons

low pay, no room for advancement, unless you are in operations, your voice isn't heard; don't increase staff to keep up with increased workload so the same people do twice as much work and are expected to get same results

Advice to Management

listen to the ideas and requests for help from your staff

"Bleh"

I worked at U.S. Physical Therapy full-time

Pros

Steady pay check while searching for better opportunites.

Cons

Salaries aren't great. Management take care of themselves and could care less about the worker bees.

"Marketing rep"

Pros

Work independently, healthcare training, c-level interaction, sales training. Adding more words adding more words adding more words

Cons

Low salary, upward advancement opportunities, challenging clinic directors, unfocused admins