U.S. Security Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard Wyckoff

Pros
  • Easy job,do nothing,listen to music (in 30 reviews)

• It was easy work for me being in college (in 21 reviews)

Cons

1. "No consistency in your pay rate. Pay is based on where you work."

Former Employee - Security Guard in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Springfield, MO

I worked at U.S. Security Associates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to be a security guard.
    The job is relatively easy depending on the site you are working at.

Cons

No consistent rate of pay.
    Low number of working hours
    Advancement seems like it will take you a lifetime.
    They aren't honest about the pay.

2. "Security guard"

Current Employee - Security Guard
    Current Employee - Security Guard

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy work, full time position, great co-workers, wonderful post.

Cons

Terrible management, terrible pay, work vehicles in very bad condition, management wants you to do overtime then make you take time off before the pay period ends, no raises, no benefits, no communication with employees from management, unfair treatment from management and post supervisors.

Advice to Management

DO BETTER AND TREAT THE GUARDS BETTER.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're very sorry that you've had this experience, as it is our goal to ensure that your experience exceeds our intentions of being the best ... More

3. "Backstabbing liars everywhere. A real joke."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. This company does not care about employees at all. It is all about the money to them. They can't even fire anyone where I work because they don't pay enough. We haven't been fully staffed ever since this company took over a year and a half ago.
    All promises to employees are lies. Think your gonna get a raise? Think again. They will promise you raises but it never goes through even though it was "approved". At my site they took away anything good we had. No decorations on the windows for holidays, no radio, no phones(understandable), no nothing. No decorating our personal lockers where people can't see them.
    We do so much for our site that we aren't really even security guards. We are glorified secretaries for a guards pay. We do our sites dirty work that they don't want to do. We call in employees for jobs and check valves. If we do anything wrong we get a grievance against us. I have been at this site for 2 and a half years. I am used to doing these things, but since us securities EVERYTHING has gone downhill. We have had so many people come and quit within a week of being here. We are losing good employees and gaining bad ones that don't care about anything and make more work for the rest of us. The only reason, THE ONLY, is because I like my 2 coworkers that have been here since before us securities won the contract. One of them is now leaving and the other might be leaving soon too. If you call a manager from us securities they won't respond unless it's something not important. Same with emailing them. You can't get a hold of anyone because they know how bad it is here. They won't even learn what we do because it's too much work for them. I hate this company so much. I am only sticking around with what good coworkers I have left because we are sure this crapped excuse for a company is gonna lose the contract the way they are going. This is a big contract too.
    Do not work for this company unless you want someone dangling a carrot in front of you only to slap you with the carrot afterwards.

Advice to Management

Listen to the your employees. Stop ignoring them if you don't know the answer. We know what we are doing so why don't you take the time to learn it so you can give a reasonable pay. Learn our procedures. You'd be so screwed if we all decided to walk off. I wish you'd understand and remember what it is like to be on the low end of the totem pole but instead you got into management and never looked back on how you got there.

5. "security guard"

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time

Pros

The only pros of working there is that you will get overtime because you will have to work a double shift because guards do not show up and your stuck working.

Cons

They make you wear white uniforms and they are very hard to keep them clean without stains and the dry cleaner can only do so much. They keep losing accounts because they do not handle complaints properly and they hire anyone to work because the pay is lousy. They put the good honest guards in the lousy post that no one wants to work at. The pay is lousy and they never give you a raise. I worked there five years at one account and then they decided to move me someplace that I did not like because one of the guards complained about me because he did not like me. The place is all favoritism.

6. "n/a"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Roswell, GA

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

steady work great co workers

Cons

need better manament more employees

Advice to Management

7. "Depends on the Director"

Current Employee - Lieutenant
    Current Employee - Lieutenant

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at two location over a three year span, I can tell you the on site supervisor is what makes or breaks the job.

Cons

HR was terrible, always messing up pay checks and slow on fixing it. Always had to wait until the next pay check just to hope they paid you from the last one.

Advice to Management

You pay for what you get, my second site had 35 employees and interacted with a rough crowd, a little better pay would definitely made a better crew.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Specialist

We would first like to thank you for your more than three years of service to our Officer Force. Our goal is to ensure that your experience far exceeds our intentions of being the best place to work ... More

8. "Unarmed security guard"

Pros

flexible schedule, ability to work up to 40hrs

Cons

unorganized management, schedule can change on short notice

9. "Security Guard"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Rochester, NY

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was plenty of job assignments from August 2016 until mid-March 1017..

Cons

Haven't been called since mid-March 2017.into work

Advice to Management

At least call me on a weekly basis,s. to give me updates. NO calls at all from this employer in almost a month is an insult.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We understand no company is perfect, however we do believe there is always more we can do to provide better outcomes. This includes improving ... More

10. "Too low hourly pay"

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in New Bern, NC
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in New Bern, NC

Pros

Great place to work, nice and friendly co-workers.

Cons

Not too structured place to work.

11. "Security Officer"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Roswell, GA

I worked at U.S. Security Associates part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great experience my duty was mobile patrol throughout a shopping center in North Brunswick the people there was respectful I had bond with many of people there

Cons

Never have a bad experience

Advice to Management

I was grateful to experience working for the company never had a bad experience I will recommend anyone to work for US Security Associates

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your support! Building bonds with the people in our communities is the type of connection that makes us the best place to work in security services. Thanks again for taking the ... More