U.S. Security Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

U.S. Security Associates Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Easy job,do nothing,listen to music (in 30 reviews)

• It was easy work for me being in college (in 21 reviews)

1. "Too low hourly pay"

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in New Bern, NC
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in New Bern, NC

Pros

Great place to work, nice and friendly co-workers.

Cons

Not too structured place to work.

"DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!"

Current Employee - Site Manager in Monroe, MI
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Monroe, MI

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good that comes from this company, In the michigan area, they are the bottom feeders, the place you go if you can't get into any other company. they get what the pay for

Cons

everything you can think of. They lie about what you will get paid, when anything happens, they treat you like garbage, I was a site supervisor, for 10 years, with zero write ups in that entire time. I was attacked by a wild animal, in defending myself the animal a bird was injured. After this animal attacked me for 30 minutes, in the safety of the guard house, I managed to get the bird away from me. After this I was removed from site immediately, and claimed I had a history of misconduct when I applied for unemployment. NO WRITE UPS IN 10 YEARS. On top of this, they regularly screw up your paychecks because they outsource them to ADP. If you have issues the operations managers tell you they can't do anything about it. You never get supplies, I had to pay for pens, paper, and everything else for the entire time I was in charge of a facility. If anything happens, you must fully cover your butt, because if you do not, in the end they will throw you under a bus. If you look at the way they operate, unless you work as an area operations manager or above, you will be considered a piece of garbage thats expendable. I will say this, they are the worst company I have ever worked for in the 15 years I have worked security management.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat those below you as human beings, treat them with respect, go out of your way to help them, or at least give them the things they need to do their own jobs. Stop treating them like they are expendable, treat them like employees and not garbage.

3. "Don't do it if you don't have to"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Montgomery, AL

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

autonomy, freedom, casual clothing, time to think

Cons

unorganized, rate of pay was not what was stated in the interview

Advice to Management

The management in the stores that are contracted need to be trained in apprehensions so that subjects won't see who is watching them.

"security guard"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice, friendly people in office

Cons

Not called to work very often

Advice to Management

none

6. "Site Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Starr, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Starr, SC

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My supervisor was great. Enjoyed working with him. Work was not hard, although it was hot and uncomfortable. Only reason I left was due to an exascerbation of a right knee injury for which I had several surgeries. Going up and down 3 flights of stairs, numerous times each shift caused major problems with my knee, so regrettably I left.

Cons

Work was hot with no A/C in Summer, during re-build of Industrial Plant in Starr, S. C. Only problem I had was that I was told by my Supervisor, that I would be paid $1.00 per hour extra because I was the Site Supervisor at plant rebuild. I was never paid any extra during my time working for USSA.

"Backstabbing liars everywhere. A real joke."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. This company does not care about employees at all. It is all about the money to them. They can't even fire anyone where I work because they don't pay enough. We haven't been fully staffed ever since this company took over a year and a half ago.
    All promises to employees are lies. Think your gonna get a raise? Think again. They will promise you raises but it never goes through even though it was "approved". At my site they took away anything good we had. No decorations on the windows for holidays, no radio, no phones(understandable), no nothing. No decorating our personal lockers where people can't see them.
    We do so much for our site that we aren't really even security guards. We are glorified secretaries for a guards pay. We do our sites dirty work that they don't want to do. We call in employees for jobs and check valves. If we do anything wrong we get a grievance against us. I have been at this site for 2 and a half years. I am used to doing these things, but since us securities EVERYTHING has gone downhill. We have had so many people come and quit within a week of being here. We are losing good employees and gaining bad ones that don't care about anything and make more work for the rest of us. The only reason, THE ONLY, is because I like my 2 coworkers that have been here since before us securities won the contract. One of them is now leaving and the other might be leaving soon too. If you call a manager from us securities they won't respond unless it's something not important. Same with emailing them. You can't get a hold of anyone because they know how bad it is here. They won't even learn what we do because it's too much work for them. I hate this company so much. I am only sticking around with what good coworkers I have left because we are sure this crapped excuse for a company is gonna lose the contract the way they are going. This is a big contract too.
    Do not work for this company unless you want someone dangling a carrot in front of you only to slap you with the carrot afterwards.

Advice to Management

Listen to the your employees. Stop ignoring them if you don't know the answer. We know what we are doing so why don't you take the time to learn it so you can give a reasonable pay. Learn our procedures. You'd be so screwed if we all decided to walk off. I wish you'd understand and remember what it is like to be on the low end of the totem pole but instead you got into management and never looked back on how you got there.

8. "Finally, a job I love going to!"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Kingman, AZ
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates full-time

Pros

Good balance of autonomy/teamwork. Our local management team practices the same type of leadership I enjoyed in the military. There is a level of satisfaction and pride I have never attained in any other civilian job.

Cons

Pay could be better, but the possibilities of growth are endless. This is a career in service to others, which is far more valuable IMHO.

Advice to Management

A candidate selection program where deserving employees were sent to schools and/or training, such as EMT or firearms courses, would drive individual successes and drastically increase the desirability of your employees.

Mar 20, 2017 – HR Specialist

We couldn't agree more! Teamwork, growth opportunity, and a military friendly environment are each cornerstone values of our culture. Also, we could not have said it better - this is a career in ... More

9. "Security Guard"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Rochester, NY

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was plenty of job assignments from August 2016 until mid-March 1017..

Cons

Haven't been called since mid-March 2017.into work

Advice to Management

At least call me on a weekly basis,s. to give me updates. NO calls at all from this employer in almost a month is an insult.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We understand no company is perfect, however we do believe there is always more we can do to provide better outcomes. This includes improving ... More

"Okay Company"

Former Employee - Lead Security Officer in West Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Lead Security Officer in West Warwick, RI

I worked at U.S. Security Associates full-time

Pros

Easy job great co workers.

Cons

When you take a vacation you get the pay at the beginning of the next year. Meaning if you took a vacation in July of 2015 you will not see that pay until January of 2016. You only can take a paid vacation if you have over 2,800 hours. If you leave the company and you still have all those hours left they won't pay you for them.

Advice to Management

Change your vacation policy!!!!!

"It was an okay experience"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Branchburg, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Branchburg, NJ

I have been working at U.S. Security Associates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Flexibility, and my site manager was great

Cons

Low Pay, mess up a lot in paycheck. They need to fix their administrative staff.

Feb 28, 2017 – HR Specialist

Though we certainly appreciate Associate recommendations, we're not satisfied until our Associate experience is much more than okay. This includes continuing to improve and implement innovative ... More