Cover image for U.S. Security Associates

U.S. Security Associates

Is this your company?

U.S. Security Associates

Add a Review

U.S. Security Associates Employee Reviews about "us security"

Updated Feb 3, 2019

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,314 of over 1K reviews
2.8
39% Recommend to a Friend
57% Approve of CEO

Found 4 of over 1K reviews

2.8
U.S. Security Associates President and CEO Richard Wyckoff (no image)
Richard Wyckoff

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work for far as getting hours but I'm still fairly new and i have made a few errors here and there(in 46 reviews)
  • "The only pro is flexible hours(in 22 reviews)
  • "Good Coworkers(in 15 reviews)
  • "My flexible schedule and my Direct Supervisor.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Fun work environment.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of U.S. Security Associates and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "us security"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

US Security Associates cares about the process and performance of their employees

Jan 18, 2015 - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a national company, US Security Associates (Advance Security in AZ) has an online application process that they use for qualified applicants. The system is monitored regularly to make sure that qualified candidates are put through the process as efficiently and timely as possible. We look for the best possible candidates to fill our open positions. The process is longer than some security companies, but it is uniform in its process through the country. This is to make sure that we get the best people to work for our clients from every angle. The application process is the best gauge in the country to make sure we hire the best candidates at the time. Candidates also have the responsibility to make sure they follow the application process and complete the applications fully. Not doing this, slows the entire process down and wastes valuable time in the hiring. This system will not allow candidates to move on to the next stage of the process without completing the current stage they are in.

Cons

The application process could be frustrating at time because this is a new system and the learning curve does take time to master. The operations managers are required to look at their applicants on a daily basis. Some of the time frames in processing applicants are beyond are control because we have o wait for other companies finish their portion of the paperwork to get applicants through the next stage. Backgrounds for US Security Associates are done by a seperate thrid-party vendor, which takes up to 3-10 days depending on where the applicant has lived in the past ten years. Motor Vehicle records can take 2-3 days to receive, and the processing of the guard license can take as much as 3 weeks. This is what slows our hiring process down. Once someone is hired, it also takes about 1-2 days to get the candidate into the system so we can schedule them to their first job site. It does take time to hire good people, but our retention rate is over 94%. That says it all in the security industry.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Security Guard

Mar 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

US Security Associates is a great company,

Cons

They were a great company no Cons

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

U.S. Security Associates Response

HR Specialist

Thank you so much for your support and recommendation! We’re extremely pleased to hear that your experience has matched our intentions of being the best place to work. Thanks for taking the time to reach out, and please be sure to let us know how we can continue to exceed your expectations. Warmly, U.S. Security Associates

3. Join the U.S. Security Associates team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Can't grow with the company

May 26, 2014 - Security Officer in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid real US money.I'm amazed they don't pay you monopoly money!This is not the best way to start your security career but seems like their the only ones who will hire you w/no experience.

Cons

You'll be lucky if you get 40hrs a week!Terrible management that doesn't care about you,considers you and number and will cuss you out.All they care about is themselves.A LOT of drama and 9 out of 10 times your name gets thrown into it.LOTS of snitches.They will try to find any reason to fire you.You must pay the $250 NON-REFUNDABLE uniform fee.Then if you don't return it,they turn it over to a billing agency!!You have to work your butt off for years just to get a little vacation that they make you work.You cant get any days off because no one covers your shift and the boss wouln't let you.You only make about $8,$8.50/hr if your lucky.They hire and fire sooooo many people and it takes over 2+ hrs for the hiring process.Then they make YOU drive back to the office even if its 1-2hrs away to turn in your uniform.Did I mention....NO ROOM TO GROW!No one answers the phone at the main office(Atlanta),you just get sent to vm's where no one returns your calls for days,heck even weeks!Then on some of the posts they want you to use your own vehicle and gas and not get reimbursed for anything!It could be raining,lightning,freezing,100°, heck even fires,floods, tornadoes and/or hurricanes and they still want you to go out and do the checkpoints.They don't care about you.When other companies(esp armed companies) hear you worked for "US Security Associates",they laugh!This company has been losing contracts left and right because their so poor at caring for their employees.The company has already downsized a LOT in the past year.Don't trust anyone in this company cause their all SNITCHES!

3 people found this review helpful

U.S. Security Associates Response

Marketing Team

Thank you for your feedback. We want to help you find the right fit for your skills. Each site is different, but there are many opportunities for full time positions through our Careers portal. Since we are expanding daily, we are always looking for experienced personnel to staff new sites. If poor weather presents problems for your work, try applying for an indoor job. Outdoor checkpoints can be challenging and we recognize those who secure them well through rain and heat. Additionally, I’m not sure how you were informed that the uniform fee is non-refundable, but please let me assure you that Uniform deposits are fully refundable with return of the uniform. Please refer back to the uniform policy you received at your time of hire. If you are having trouble with reimbursements for your uniform deposit, please consult your branch manager. Your branch manager will act as a valuable resource as you explore growth and development opportunities at your site.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee

Intelligent individuals need not apply!! Or Expeirenced ..

Mar 29, 2011 - Security Guard in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hire you on the spot .Perfect job for a college student depending on site your able to complete homework or study.Upper management are never around to micro manage guards solo job.Get paid every Friday ..Easy Job..No experience needed what so ever..Great job especially for a person content with 9.00hr/10hr.No hard labor ..Great job for individuals with low IQ s or anyone with no ambition..Armed Security Guards make the money 15hr..Doesnt give random drug test in order to stay employed better chance of being fired before us security will spend money for a urinalisis when they can fire you instead..

Cons

Low wages,Not respected by upper management..No positive Feedback ..Insurance is a joke, work 2 yrs in order to get 4 days paid leave ..Uniforms wear out quick , You will get lucky to become a Road Supervisors 12.50/13 hr ..Cant apply for job openings for clients that you qualify for.No emphasis is given to continue training.Officers basic training exam pointless and Security Guard booklet..SPOs make the money in this company 15hr unarmed guards get lucky to make 11hr depending on Site.Degrading.No overtime except holidays when no one wants to work...lack of resources

4 people found this review helpful