Cover image for U.S. Xpress

Found 167 of over 836 reviews

U.S. Xpress CEO Eric  Fuller
Eric Fuller

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of U.S. Xpress and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Us xpress

Apr 17, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great bosses great money great equipment

Cons

Hard work but very rewarding

U.S. Xpress Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at U.S. Xpress and wish you the best in your future endeavors in our company!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok

Nov 21, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and cool Good to get your experience

Cons

They don’t really pay that good

3. Join the U.S. Xpress team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Good enough

Nov 20, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like it well enough

Cons

Need to hire better drivers

5. 4.0

Good company overall,but..

Oct 4, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management tends to not be very organized,I have an excellent fleet manager but her boss leaves a lot to be desired. Pay is good,good home time and excellent miles on SE regional Costco account,also they have guaranteed pay which is good

Cons

Upper management tends to not be very organized,having to change trucks every time your truck breaks down,it's rare but I have all the luck (bad). May let may not get to return to your original unit,when you have alot of stuff it's really a pain

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

No money made here

Sep 10, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Tunnel Hill, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good load manager services. Easy access to dispatch. Good, friendly people to talk to.

Cons

Short runs mixed in with occasional 700 mile run. I am lucky to make a little more than a thousand dollars a week. This is a company that built it's customer base around short runs. They run a lot of 85/95 corridor congested with construction and trucks. The alternative is to run 81 which isn't too bad but has a lot of construction, too.

7. 3.0

Good not

Oct 12, 2022 - Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent pay not great but good

Cons

A Very low home time

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good pay & decent benefit package

Jul 23, 2022 - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company for first-time drivers. Got my CDL at one of their schools, paid for it with payroll deductions for one year. Then if you stay another year, you earn back the payroll deductions from the 1st year. Great for learning the ropes and how the industry works. They are proactive in developing and implementing the latest tech. The pay is pretty good (except for the 1st year -- pay quite low). Benefits are good (probably a little above average). I've mostly had good response time from fleet managers while on the road. Trucks are 2019, 2020, and 2021; and mostly Cascadias, with a few Kenworths and Internationals.

Cons

I'm sure if I was the kind of person who thinks the world owes me something, I could think of a few things I don't like, but the good outweighs it. The mindset you bring to any job determines your experience. The only reason I'm looking to leave after 3 years is that I recently got a new fleet manager who micromanages the S#!% out of his drivers. Calls at least 5 times a day to check up on me or to go over info that I already have or could be sent to me via SMS. He even calls me on days off! I feel him hovering over me as I drive, and it has taken away that feeling of independence that makes truck driving worthwhile. And he talks to me like he's talking to a 12-year-old. It's driving me insane. I mean, he's a nice guy, but I think he missed his true calling as vice-principal of an elementary school. So I checked with our HR dept to maybe get a transfer, but was told all they had were Family Dollar accounts. Nope! I got trained on a Family Dollar route. (Word of advice: no matter what company you work for, dear reader, don't take a dollar store route unless you enjoy feeling an overwhelming sense of dread upon waking every morning). But don't let any of that steer you away from US Xpress. They're a good company to work for. I've been mostly happy working here, and I really hate to leave, but it's time to see what else is out there.

9. 4.0

Job

Sep 15, 2022 - Truck Driver in Pineville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work Good pay other than that I haven’t had any issues as of yet

Cons

Be prepared to work a lot. Plus it might say dedicated but trust me it’s not

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Alot of racial bias bullying and discomfort

Jul 23, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Familiar routes most everyone in the safety department seem nice and eager to help and honest

Cons

The fleet managers play god with your hours miles and loads they lie threaten talk to you like a child or disrespectfully

11. 4.0

Good start

Aug 28, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Good support. Plenty of room to grow.

Cons

Benefits not great. Could use more local.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 167 Reviews
</>Embed

U.S. Xpress Reviews FAQs

Truck Driver professionals working at U.S. Xpress have rated their employer with 3 out of 5 stars in 167 Glassdoor reviews. This is a lower than average score with the overall rating of U.S. Xpress employees being 3.1 out of 5 stars. Search open Truck Driver Jobs at U.S. Xpress now and start preparing for your job interview by browsing frequently asked Truck Driver interview questions at U.S. Xpress.

Truck Driver professionals rate their compensation and benefits at U.S. Xpress with 3 out of 5 stars based on 167 anonymously submitted employee reviews. This is 3.3% worse than the company average rating for salary and benefits. Find out more about Truck Driver salaries and benefits at U.S. Xpress.

49% of Truck Driver employees at U.S. Xpress would recommend their employer to a friend. This rating has decreased by -26% in the past 12 months. Truck Driver professionals have also rated U.S. Xpress with a 2.3 rating for work-life-balance, 3.2 rating for diversity and inclusion, 2.8 rating for culture and values and 3.1 rating for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with U.S. Xpress Job Seekers