Found 47 of over 965 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I started on the dollar tree account out of Savannah Georgia; it was a lot of work hand unloading the trailer but good pay." (in 78 reviews)
- "the people are great and doing their best" (in 41 reviews)
- "Benefits are great and that’s about it." (in 33 reviews)
- "Good Work Environment" (in 15 reviews)
- "Most managers are good to work with." (in 15 reviews)
- "Poor management and if you try to quit they lie on you report." (in 27 reviews)
- "lack of communication poor equipment/repairs no miles/sit more then you drive at time" (in 21 reviews)
- "long hours and labor intensive work" (in 19 reviews)
- "Layoff happens every 3 months." (in 15 reviews)
- "My boss was a decent guy, but upper management is just a greedy bunch of folks." (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of U.S. Xpress and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0May 8, 2022Driver ManagerFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Salary and benefits were great. I had some great drivers
Company trains you to believe that their drivers are their most valuable asset. You are to dispatch and monitor safety at all times and always to use judgment to Benefit the drivers and company while ensuring on time delivery to the customer. However in reality they do not stand behind either the driver or dispatchers. When things are reported to account managers and HR no one bothers to check into complaints to fix the]problems. But it will reflect on the dispatcher and go against them if they complain. The work environment will become hostile and your labeled a troublemaker. Not all dispatchers will be Trained equally but expected to give 200% at all times. In the 5 yrs I worked there I only got one sat off and worked every holiday while upon hire was told these days would be rotated equally. In the office I worked in I was the Sr citizen and discriminated against because the acct Mgr wanted me out. While the entire staff was married affairs were plentiful and girlfriend were paid for hours not even worked, the acct Mgr pd one office worker $100 to see her breasts, the planner was dating the data entry operator and it was common practice that extended lunch hrs were given for sexual favors. My salary information was shared with Co workers which created animosity among them. I was even told by the acct Mgr that he was God and I'd do what he said when he said. So personnel practices were the absolute worst I'd ever experienced. Both federal and state labor laws were broken daily but when I reported this to HR at corporate level I was labeled a trouble maker and it went against Me.
- 4.0Jan 5, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Good Work Environment Good Pay Good Hours 730-530 Good Bonus Opportunites
Alot of the issues you run into are out of your hands. Whether it be a safety issue, or issue with nights and weekends covering you fleet. Drivers a lot of times are unhappy with rate of pay and there is nothing you can do to change it. You are responsible for so much that is out of your hands and it can be stressful.
- 1.0Jul 4, 2021RecruiterFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChattanooga, TN
Few good coworkers. Flexible hours.
I will NEVER work for this company again. It is the most toxic abusive work environment. You go in and leave in fear for your job everyday and on top of it all half the people don’t treat you with a ounce of respect.4
- 5.0Dec 11, 2014Class A Truck DriverCurrent EmployeeLas Vegas, NV
Clean work environment nice trucks. Great pay nice view and nice trucks to look at
Being solo otr and little to no help over the phone but...lol oh and the 10 4 message that dosent mean anything to them cause they just keep on working you