UBS Employee Reviews about "long hours"
78% would recommend to a friend
(542 total reviews)
Sergio P. Ermotti
90% approve of CEO
What people are saying about UBS
What’s Your Salary?
5 months ago
Nearly 30 years investment banking experience operations, equity trading/market making, middle office, risk management, and now in Technology with about 5 years technical experience. Nearly 15 years @UBS in tri state with TC $125k... Hasn't been as lucrative to me as others it seems.
Salaries in Finance
7 months ago
Hi, I am a 23 years old UBS employee based in Zurich and I am currently earning 90k CHF (without bonus) at an EE level. I will probably be promoted in a few months to Authorized Officer and I want to know what would be the possible salary. I have a Master’s Degree in Economics, 4 years of experience as a working student and 1.5 years of experience in the finance industry. Can you help me? :) Thank you! UBS
Got a burning question about UBS? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UBS employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Still some great people within the business; Strong global footprint; Top notch Research product outside the US" (in 961 reviews)
- "I had interned at another firm but I preferred the people at UBS and the fact that I could get a good work/life balance here." (in 842 reviews)
- "people of all levels are approachable and there is a good culture or mentoring / nurturing talent with in the organisation" (in 760 reviews)
- "Good Benefits (Not Comp)" (in 463 reviews)
- "Good Salary and packages" (in 333 reviews)
- "bad management (within the specific department) that does not listen to staff feedback despite saying that feedback is always welcome." (in 349 reviews)
- "Long hours and very difficult to arrange any plans after work as they may need to be cancelled in order to work." (in 261 reviews)
- "Low Bonus and hikes" (in 249 reviews)
- "Low pay and takes awhile to get a promotion" (in 249 reviews)
- "There are good and bad managers." (in 138 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of UBS and is not affected by filters.
Found 542 of over 14K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Nov 14, 2014Financial AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Fantastic training. Training was extensive and there was great attention to detail since this industry is so heavily regulated. Anytime you had a question or needed help the supervisor's had an open door.
Long hours highly competitive highly sales driven no incentives had to arrive daily at 6:00 am and stay evening until 7:30 pm...
- 4.0Dec 23, 2022Authorized OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSingapore
+Good Team Culture (at least from my team) +Internal Mobility is encouraged +Nice Office, pantry (free biscuits, coffee, milk, tea and sparkling water), UBS Cafe and gym +Systems are advanced compare to other banks (though can be crappy at times) +Hybrid Work environment for most teams +Provides work autonomy (no micro manage) +Good Medical Benefits and Flexi Benefits
+Bonus and Increments are almost nothing (very small) +Working hours can be very long for some teams +Promotion process is too long
- 5.0Nov 16, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great place to work to learn about Investment banking with high deal volume, great collaboration, and lots of responsibility.
Long hours and lots of stress but it is very rewarding
- 4.0Jul 18, 2023Finance Graduate AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Good base salary and bonuses
Long working hours and expected to reply and sort work at anytime of day anytime in the week
- 4.0Jan 4, 2014Operations AnalystCurrent Contractor, less than 1 yearSingapore
It is a good learning experience working in UBS. I've learned alot of soft skill sets.
Working hours are abit too long and I find it hard to get a work life balance.
- 3.0Nov 4, 2022Associate Director FinanceCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsZürich
Some great colleagues who are very dedicated.
No payrises. Have been with firm for many years and never received a payrise. Always told that I am already at the top of the pay range. Low bonuses. Long hours and very difficult to arrange any plans after work as they may need to be cancelled in order to work. Different treatment for different team members. Do not provide stationery. Bring your own pen and note pad!1