UC Davis Health Reviews

Updated May 8, 2021

4.2
UC Davis Health Chief Executive Officer David Lubarsky, M.D., M.B.A. (no image)
David Lubarsky, M.D., M.B.A.
Pros
  • "Great benefits and room to grow in the company(in 35 reviews)

• "It's a good job with good benefits(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As an employee, you have to pay for parking(in 12 reviews)

• "Low pay however you do learn a lot about research methods(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of UC Davis Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

wonderful to work for

May 8, 2021 - Clinical Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful work environment, continuing education opportunities, team work

Cons

parking, I enjoyed working for UC davis

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great job in a large, complex organization

Apr 29, 2021 - Digital Health Innovation Lead in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience was almost entirely positive—I worked at the Center for Health and Technology with wonderful, dedicated colleagues doing interesting and meaningful work. Salary and benefits were fair and competitive for a job that was technically in academia. My boss was WONDERFUL and I always felt supported and appreciated.

Cons

The organization was in transition while I worked there, which was certainly a challenge. UC Davis has traditionally had a VERY conservative IT department, which I sometimes found difficult to work with.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Emergency Department

Feb 15, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

High pay per hour ability to schedule yourself

Cons

When ED RNs come from outside ED facilities staff need to treat them better than treating them like they have no experience at all. Stop making trained ED nurses be in med/surg ED areas its insulting demoralizing to their ED experience and causes some of us to loose our skills. Also you have a bully "running" the trauma bay who could care less about the skills of the staff and more about the "notoriety" that comes with his "position" he is rude, pompous, a bully, intimidating and is always out to get you and make sure you make a mistake so he can lecture you. Travelers do not go here you will be put in ED overflow areas basically med/surg nursing. This ED functions poorly with a lot of hierarchy and having to "prove yourself" for a year before you can touch a critical care patient but only after a test that doesn't even assess your critical thinking skills. As a very experienced ED nurse coming here I lost my skills and I am more burnt out in one year in this ED than 4 years at my other facility all because I was forced to be a med/surg nurse in an ED.

4. 4.0

CN II

May 6, 2021 - Clinical Nurse II in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organized, detailed, defined job description with ample training provided.

Cons

Some management don't support their nurses.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Work Environment

Apr 20, 2021 - Food Service Worker in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Time Flexibility, Retirement

Cons

Some weekend work, management, communication

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

May 3, 2021 - Lab Assistant I
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great health, vision and dental benefits

Cons

not many cons to talk about

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Not recommend

May 8, 2021 - Physician in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse cultures, easy commute, reasonable housing

Cons

Hard to get recognized academically

8. 5.0

Proud to work at UC Davis Health

Apr 8, 2021 - Donor Relations Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great medical benefits and retirement

Cons

there is a fee to park on site

9. 3.0

All told, it's a'ight

Feb 9, 2021 - Human Resources Analyst in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

UC Davis Health is a safe place to work if you're interested in just doing your job and then going home. It's a calm atmosphere which has perks throughout your career. Their living fit program attempts to encourage staff to be healthier by offering fitness classes and contests. Also, by working here you will have access to some cutting edge research and genuinely heartfelt people.

Cons

Staff employees are far less valuable than their academic counterparts here, especially in terms of benefits made available to them. For example, academics get much more pay and longer for maternity leaves than staff (despite the fact there's more diversity in staff). Also, because staff are paid less, they have to commute from further away (housing around the university is expensive). Lastly, prepare to increase your waistline, because despite it being a health system and despite all the research on sugar being extremely addicting, everyone brings sweets into the office and expects their team members to just have iron willpower.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful place to work

Jan 10, 2021 - Development Assistant in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive leadership, competent a dedicated colleagues, great pay and benefits, flexible with schedule when needed

Cons

When COVID started, there was a delay in allowing clerical union employees to work from home. Leadership claimed to the employees that it was because the union wouldn't allow remote work, although the contract clearly states that it is at the discretion of employee and their manager. Union rep said that it is allowed and they were working with UCDH leadership to allow staff to work remotely. Luckily it was only a 2-day delay and they've been great since, but administrative staff were very upset that we weren't allowed to stay home (unless we used our own vacation time) like our colleagues as soon as it became clear there was a hazard to our health.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 409 Reviews