Found 2,262 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and health care" (in 137 reviews)
- "Great people and community." (in 117 reviews)
- "Beautiful Campus and Calm Atmosphere" (in 114 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and ability to work with fellow UCI students makes this one of the best jobs on campus." (in 87 reviews)
- "All the staff were friendly and open to questions." (in 65 reviews)
- "low pay and sometimes there was a conflict of creative ideas that delayed the progress of projects." (in 155 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to private industry; no way to advance if you're not a faculty member." (in 83 reviews)
- "Poor management depending on where you go" (in 35 reviews)
- "Parking is expensive and hard to find." (in 34 reviews)
- "Overworked, not appreciated, upper management completely out of touch, not worth staying for a long period of time" (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of UC Irvine and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Digital Communications CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIrvine, CA
Great work life balance for those with families.
I cant think of any cons!
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Postdoctoral ScholarCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsIrvine, CA
Great benefits thanks to postdocs union, one of the highest salaries for postdocs
+ Excellent benefits due to the postdocs union. + The option to secure a two-year initial contract, providing job stability. + One of the highest salaries for postdoctoral positions in the field.
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Human Resources RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearIrvine, CA
Steady schedule (M-F, 8-5), a lot of holidays, vacation accrual
Bureaucratic, clique-ish, no room for improvement
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023Associate Project ScientistCurrent EmployeeIrvine, CA
Healthcare, flexibility, atmosphere and collaboration as well as retirement contribution
Parking cost, salary although good for academia is not great for the area
UC Irvine Reviews FAQs
UC Irvine has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 2,511 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at UC Irvine to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
89% of UC Irvine employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated UC Irvine 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.