Found 33 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great and class material is interesting." (in 389 reviews)
- "The people I worked with were great and that was one of the best reasons I enjoyed my work experience at ucla." (in 221 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and it is a dream place to work if you like research in social sciences." (in 180 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and you get to take on as many people as you want to tutor" (in 158 reviews)
- "It's close to campus and staff is great" (in 89 reviews)
- "Low pay and if you don’t publish you can really hurt your chances of getting a job after." (in 229 reviews)
- "Salary and raises very low for level of responsibilities and expectation (25% below fair market value)" (in 215 reviews)
- "parking is expensive and not always convenient to where you work." (in 84 reviews)
- "Extreme financial peaks and valleys exacerbated by poor management." (in 83 reviews)
- "Underpay research IT roles Managers have little insight into what makes for premiere worldclass research" (in 32 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of UCLA and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "cost of living"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 4, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Great campus, respected institution, LA has good weather. Being a TA pays for tuition and gets you health insurance. Once in a while you make a difference in sometimes life.
TA salaries have not kept up with cost of living in LA and are not competitive with other top-notch universities. You can easily end up overworked, and you just have to do it. Quality of undergrads you have to deal with seems to be declining rapidly.