- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Australia - All Cities
- - New South Wales
- - Sydney, Australia Area
- - Sydney
- United States - All Cities
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - North Chicago, IL
- - Hanover Park, IL
- - Orland Hills, IL
- - South Holland, IL
- - Crete, IL
- - Gary, IN
- - Bellwood, IL
- - Harvey, IL
- - Tinley Park, IL
- - Burr Ridge, IL
- - Oak Park, IL
- - Bolingbrook, IL
- - Flossmoor, IL
- - Valparaiso, IN
- - Darien, IL
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - Brooklyn, NY
- - Indiana
- - North Carolina
- - Charlotte, NC Area
- - Charlotte, NC
- - Pennsylvania
- - Pittsburgh, PA Area
- - Pittsburgh, PA
- - Florida
- - Panama City, FL Area
- - Panama City, FL
- - Utah
- - Salt Lake City, UT Area
- - Salt Lake City, UT
- - Wisconsin
- Brazil - All Cities
- - São Paulo
- - Sao Paulo, Brazil Area
- - São Paulo, São Paulo
- British Indian Ocean Territory - All Cities
- Philippines - All Cities
- - Mindoro Oriental
Found 663 of over 717 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
What are signs that you’re working in a negative work environment? asking as a new bee. Right now I’m in a complete customer facing role with the lot of stuff around internal team. Really wants to know what are the signs of a negative work environment and people.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Poor staffing; management." (in 36 reviews)
- "Parking is expensive considering the area of the city" (in 16 reviews)
- "no work life balance and overtime requested" (in 11 reviews)
- "They wanted to go magnet but blamed it on the culture and it was not the culture of the employees but management to blame." (in 10 reviews)
- "Additionally, upper management have little to no clinical experience and come from either business/law backgrounds with a business first approach." (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of UChicago Medicine and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 5, 2022 - EHS SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The working environment is brilliant!
More parking space is needed for the employees' convenience.
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 7, 2022 - Oncology Patient NavigatorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good experience and professional development
Pay is low and should incorporate education
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 27, 2022 - Physical TherapistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Competitive pay with overtime pay with optional overtime choice
South to chicago it might be far if you live at northContinue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 21, 2022 - Customer Service RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great pay, wonderful services, and also the benefits were nice.
Some of the cons were the management team, some employees made work place harder
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 5, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Started off great with thorough training and good pay.
Was expected to be at mandatory potluck during the peak of the pandemic. I refused and quit the next day.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 20, 2022 - Certified Athletic Trainer in Flossmoor, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Worked with great physicians. Office building was stunning.
Huge patient load, often short staffed.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 10, 2022 - Sterile Processing Educator in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Easily climb up the ladder and be promoted within your department.
Overtime frequently expected but no extra compensation if salary.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 9, 2022 - Clinical Research CoordinatorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fostering environment for learning and people from all types of backgrounds make it a unique place to work.
There are no cons to me.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 22, 2022 - Pharmacy Buyer SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
great hospital to work for
terrible management and no accountability
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 7, 2022 - Clerk IV in Harvey, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The Medical Records department is a great space to work. The leadership is generally very reasonable and the environment is peaceful. They are willing to work with you on your schedule if you need to change hours one day to accommodate an appointment or other personal matter.
The current attendance policy is atrocious and needs revision.
UChicago Medicine Reviews FAQs
UChicago Medicine has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 717 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at UChicago Medicine to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
66% of UChicago Medicine employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated UChicago Medicine 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.