UDR Reviews | Glassdoor

UDR President & CEO Thomas W. Toomey
Thomas W. Toomey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper Management, inexperienced and it's showed (in 13 reviews)

• No cons about UDR at the moment (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Proud Service Technician in San Fracnicso"

Current Employee - Service Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Service Technician in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been a Technician in this industry for a few years now, and I have had the opportunity to work for three different companies in four different bay area cities. UDR has truly opened my eyes to how amazing this area is, as well as the incredible opportunities that are available to me given the proper tools and leadership. Not only has UDR provided me with foresight of the possibilities for myself and my peers, they have also developed the tools necessary to help me achieve my goals. This has made me not only a better technician, but a better person and professional. I now exceed at my job daily, and my confidence is at an all time high. Pair this with the amazing team members they have put into place, and what you have is the perfect formula for a positive experience in a booming industry. I have no question that UDR has changed the course of my career and my life. This is not just another Service Technician job, this is the pathway to success.

Cons

I have no cons to mention at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work supporting hungry employees, looking to build a better future for ourselves and our families.

2. "Empowered by my Company, UDR"

Current Employee - Senior Community Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Community Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at UDR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been allowed to grow at a comfortable pace.
    UDR listens to my feedback.
    I am challenged each day.

Cons

It is challenging, yet rewarding.

"Assistant Community Director"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for UDR for two years. In this time I have been made to feel appreciated, valued, and supported every day. I came into this company being new to the property management industry, and was given the training and tools I needed to succeed. I look forward to going to work everyday, and I am never afraid to try new things because I know whether I succeed or fail, I have an amazing support structure in place. I feel as though UDR truly cares about each individual employee on a professional and personal level. I am very grateful for the opportunity of employment with UDR, and highly recommend working for this company.

Cons

As is the case with any company that is a leader of their industry, there are calm days and stressful days. However, UDR has an amazing way of spinning stressful situations into rewarding positive experiences.

Advice to Management

One of the greatest thing about UDR is their ability to recognize strengths from individuals and promote from within. Keep up the great work!

4. "Maintanace Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Maintenance Technician in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Maintenance Technician in Towson, MD

I have been working at UDR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

none at all nothing negative

5. "COMPANY AND MANAGEMENT"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Salinas, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Salinas, CA

I have been working at UDR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an employee for a little over 6 years and I can honestly say that UDR is a true believer in providing a positive work experience for their employees. Management really cares for us and always demonstrates their appreciation for everyone's hard work and dedication.
    I started as a leasing Agent 6 years ago with absolutely no leasing experience and UDR provided me with the tools and great leadership to help me grow and become a Community Manager. The leadership I have is amazing! they strive everyday to demonstrate to their employees that they care by showing appreciation with quarterly employee events, amazing commission plan for office staff and other great prizes that no other company offers.
    Anyone has the ability to grow in this company as long as you are determined and willing to learn. UDR also has properties nationwide which gives us the ability to move.
    UDR defines what true leadership is and works hard to live by their values: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Ownership, and Growth.

Cons

UDR HAS NO CONS . IT IS AN AMAZING COMPANY TO WORK FOR.

6. "maintenance technician"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at UDR full-time

Pros

good worker person and good work ethics

Cons

nice place to be sometimes

7. "Resident Services Manager"

Current Employee - Resident Services Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Resident Services Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

UDR has some of the most flexible and innovative career paths in Property Management! I started with UDR as a concierge, and after acclimating to the position and realizing my strengths, I have been encouraged to promote according to my goals! Since becoming a resident services manager, I have felt supported in my role and given the room to use my own creativity. I have a collaborative team that supports me, and management that is quick to provide me with all of the resources I could possibly need to be as successful as possible! If you are a hardworking employee who is eager to learn, you will definitely go far with UDR!!

Cons

Corporate culture - can feel disconnected at times as a company, however each area has free and open communication as well as fun area-wide events!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in current employees, and allow them room to promote!

8. "don't reccomend horrible experience"

Former Employee - Concierge/Move In Specialist in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Concierge/Move In Specialist in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at UDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My managers who hires me where awesome but like the rest of management they didn't say long. Pay is good and a good housing discount. But. It worth what u have to put up with.

Cons

Management turn over. I had I think 6or 7 managers in my time with UDR I was there for 2 year.
    When I was pregnant had issues at the begenning and was told I shouldn't miss so much work I was at risk of loosing my job
    I was harassed by my co workers! Management put me in a room with my co-workers and they would tell me how horrible I am and how much I am not liked. I was treated horrible co workers would say rude things to my face and when I told the manger she said it was all in my head!
    I was a move in specialist and did all of leasings job including finding a new apartment when they were promised an upgraded apartment and got a none upgraded apartment or carpet instead of wood. If the leasing agent lost their lease I was blamed by management.
    I was told to apply for a management position then when I didn't get I was told all the reason why I shouldn't have applied or gotten it! After I was told by management that I should apply!
    Co-workers and management were very immature. I was actually told by management I needed to go out after work with my coworkers for bonding time! I was a new mom with a litttle one I wanted to get home not go out for drinks with my coworkers.
    Coworkers would go to lunch together and get drunk management knew and didn't care.
    I could go on and on!

Advice to Management

Clean house!

9. "The Perfect Company for Me -Sr. Community Director"

Current Employee - Senior Community Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Community Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UDR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have done residential management for almost 10 years now and have worked with a couple of different companies, but I have found my home here with UDR. Crazy thing is that I was happy with my company prior to joining the UDR family. However, I don't regret for one second making the switch. I can sit here and say that I was blessed with the career opportunities I've coveted over the years and worked hard for, but it was UDR that really afforded me those opportunities along with the chance to succeed.

The culture here is truly amazing and it starts from the top. It is extremely rare to see a CEO and COO so genuinely invested in the well-being and growth of every associate. It's a genuine care that also trickles down to the regional and site level. I am supported when I need it and even when I don't realize I need it.

At the end of the day, I cannot express enough how much I enjoy working for UDR and how excited I am for the future. Joining UDR is one of the best decisions I have made in my life.

Cons

I cannot think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The vision is there and more importantly the execution has been great.

10. "Great company"

I worked at UDR full-time

Pros

Team work company with great employees!

Cons

No cons about UDR at the moment