KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

UDR

Engaged Employer

UDR

Add a Review

UDR Employee Reviews about "udr"

Updated Oct 14, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Under staffed, management is poor(in 21 reviews)
  • "Managers were absent a lot.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Escalations with residents can get very difficult and upper management don't realize how much the first line employees can struggle emotionally and mentally.(in 14 reviews)
  • "NO work life balance because you are constantly on call since the temp concierges are not properly trained.(in 5 reviews)
  • "When I was pregnant had issues at the begenning and was told I shouldn't miss so much work I was at risk of loosing my job(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of UDR and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "udr"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee

Good for an "in between" job, not promising for a career

May 2, 2011 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

UDR has a good training plan implemented through the corporate office. You will probably attend 2-3 of these classes a year which helps keep your daily duties relevant. They are pretty flexible in getting time off, good benefits, and overall, everyone knows how to have a good time at work as well as outside of work.

Cons

There is a lack of communication from upper management regarding what works on a property and what they want to see implemented. The Denver office is really good at creating new business practices for everyone to follow, but horrible at researching what will actually be effective on a property. UDR will tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door and then forget about you. During the interview process, I was told that I would move up in the company within 6 months and have another big promotion most likely within a year. Needless to say, this has not happened and I was considered "lucky" to receive only a 1% raise...far from the several different types of bonuses that I was promised. I guess this raise was meritted after my job duties increased tenfold and I was not being compensated for these new dutiesI did not sign up for. When explaining my job role, I tell people I do just about everything, as that is what I do The level of professionalism at UDR is below subpar. Employees are not treated the same or with respect. HR does a horrible job addressing serious complaints, which in the end, could cost them. Everything revloves around the bottom dollar and what is best for the company, not its employees. UDR would rather hire new employees at a cheaper rate than address the issues of its hard working employees that have been with the company for years. Considering the industry, they should know that in retrospect, it is cheaper to keep a current employee than to hire a new one. Working for UDR will give you relevant industry experience and build your resume, but that is about it.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Amazing internship!

Jun 12, 2019 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning experience during the summer internship

Cons

No cons. Great learning experience at UDR!

3. 5.0

Hard work is rewarded

Dec 2, 2016 - Senior Service Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent career advancement opportunity. Work hard, show initiative, use common sense and you will be rewarded. Great coworkers UDR hires only the best

Cons

Do your job and earn a paycheck, there are no cons when you stay focused and don't get wrapped up in the cons

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Oct 30, 2017 - Community Director in Salinas, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I never intended to stay with the company more than 2 years, but 5 years later here I am still with UDR. The company provides great benefits, pays well and trains all employees to develop in their roles. The opportunity for growth is one of the biggest reasons I stayed around. Senior management treats us well and is very supportive. The team like atmosphere UDR has created makes work really fun and exciting.

Cons

Not enough assets (properties) where I live (Salinas 7). I would love to see UDR expand their portfolio in the area especially Monterey.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Favorite company to work for!

Mar 31, 2017 - Assistant Community Director in Greenacres, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Udr offers an excellent training program for the employees. If you ever have a question the answer is easy to find. They are clear and concise with their policies and expectations. Goals are outlined and very attainable. There are contest to make additional money along with commissions. Communication within the company is great! You are apart of a huge team with udr, everyone in the company offers a lot of support. They supply you with every tool necessary for success.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive but not bad at all. It's hard to move up if you aren't willing to relocate (but this is because no one wants to leave udr because it's a great company to work for!).

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

UDR is a great place to work!

Aug 12, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work benefits are great and extra things that UDR provide for their workers is awesome. I do not know many companies that offer such wonderful opportunities, appreciation for their employees, and just a good environment.

Cons

I do not know of any right now. I am liking all that I see, they people I work with, and my position.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

don't reccomend horrible experience

Aug 20, 2017 - Concierge/Move In Specialist in Newport Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My managers who hires me where awesome but like the rest of management they didn't say long. Pay is good and a good housing discount. But. It worth what u have to put up with.

Cons

Management turn over. I had I think 6or 7 managers in my time with UDR I was there for 2 year. When I was pregnant had issues at the begenning and was told I shouldn't miss so much work I was at risk of loosing my job I was harassed by my co workers! Management put me in a room with my co-workers and they would tell me how horrible I am and how much I am not liked. I was treated horrible co workers would say rude things to my face and when I told the manger she said it was all in my head! I was a move in specialist and did all of leasings job including finding a new apartment when they were promised an upgraded apartment and got a none upgraded apartment or carpet instead of wood. If the leasing agent lost their lease I was blamed by management. I was told to apply for a management position then when I didn't get I was told all the reason why I shouldn't have applied or gotten it! After I was told by management that I should apply! Co-workers and management were very immature. I was actually told by management I needed to go out after work with my coworkers for bonding time! I was a new mom with a litttle one I wanted to get home not go out for drinks with my coworkers. Coworkers would go to lunch together and get drunk management knew and didn't care. I could go on and on!

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I have ever worked for!

Jun 13, 2017 - Community Director in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with UDR going on 3 years now and I have enjoyed my time here so much! Our company is full of amazing individuals that care for each other and care for our residents. Our leadership team is hands down the best group of leaders I have ever worked with. Our Regional Managers and Area Director have an incredible passion for our people which keeps me engaged. I have stayed with UDR because of the amazing people we have on our properties and in our corporate office.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind.

9. 5.0

Setting the Bar for Property Management

Nov 14, 2016 - Leasing Consultant in Anaheim, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Potential for great income. Excellent experience. UDR puts together a great team and give you the tools you need to really grow in this field. Promote from within.

Cons

Be prepared to work weekends, until promoted to ACD or CD. If you have a record of not meeting your goals you will be let go.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I enjoy working for UDR!

Oct 24, 2013 - Marketing Associate in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) Supportive management-it's rewarding to have a team supporting you and motivating you to do your best every day! It makes for a positive atmosphere and keeps the energy up! 2) Good Benefits- I'm on the PPO plan and it's 80/20 coverage. Also, the vision and dental plans are good. 3) Thorough training- UDR provides regular training 4)Pleasant work environment- We have fun in the office and share many laughs during the day. It's a great position if you enjoy meeting new people on a regular basis and creating lasting relationships!

Cons

I'm new to the company and I don't have any complaints so far!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews