UHY LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
UHY LLP Co-CEO Anthony Frabotta
Anthony Frabotta

Pros
  • Not like internship in other companies, you can really learn a lot of things (in 4 reviews)

• Great people helping you every step of your career (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Like any other public accounting, long hours and stressful environment (in 12 reviews)

• No work life balance, difficult to take vacation time due to work load (in 5 reviews)

1. "Senior Accountant"

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time

Pros

great environment, great people to work with, challenging projects, potential for growth

Cons

management could improve, salaries could improve

Advice to Management

be open-minded

2. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Farmington Hills Post Office, MI
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Farmington Hills Post Office, MI

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very nice place to work.

Cons

Can't think of any negatives.

3. "A lot of good people here, many people look out for one another."

Pros

Co-workers were very caring, truly interested in how each is doing, both personally and professionally.

Cons

Each department seems to be treated 'differently', where some groups see 'perks', others do not.

Advice to Management

Listen to ALL levels of staff, accept both positive and negative feedback, with the understanding that the employee is just as 'imperfect' as management.

5. "Decent company"

Former Employee - Audit Associate
    Former Employee - Audit Associate

Pros

Annual review/raise, decent company perks, annual holiday dinner, frequent free meals.

Cons

HR is difficult, no company spirit, cronyism

Advice to Management

Should have training in downtime, when not assigned.

"Toxic"

Pros

Salaries are at or above market.

Cons

Very archaic management style; the corporate culture is toxic.

7. "Great company"

Pros

The people that work are very friendly and I've enjoyed this company

Cons

None! I loved working here

"Best Job I Have Had in Atlanta"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The Atlanta office of UHY is one of the most collaborative environments I ever worked in. I have worked professionally for over 20 years and if you are self motivated and a team player, the sky is the limit.

Management also treats me like the adult and professional that I am. If I need to take care of something personal, there is never an issue. I have worked in environments that management never cared and from 9-7 I was there for them. I do not find that to be the case here. They are always asking if I need help or is there something they can do. I really enjoy coming to work every day. It hurts to see some of the negative postings here on Glassdoor as that has not been my experience at all.

Cons

If you are not self motivated and need to rely on other to tell you what to do all the time, you will have a difficult time being successful here.

Advice to Management

Hire more quality people as this office continues to grow and I would hate to not be able to continue to support our clients with the level of service they expect from UHY.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time

Pros

UHY offers great work environment, open door policies and is always willing to help their employees.

Cons

As with all public accounting firms, hours can be rough, especially during busy season.

"Great experience, horrible management"

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at UHY LLP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of really nice people who work there. They have good training and you learn a lot quickly which makes it great for career growth and future employment opportunities. Unlike Big 4, you get to work on the entire engagement from planning to wrap up.

Cons

Some of the partners and principals who work there are literally clueless. They will sign off on any engagement despite lack of knowledge on industry and subject matter. If you are good at your job they give you more and more work while keeping people who sit around with no work to do. The firm is ran by a group of older white men who do not value diversity or the opinions of women. They do not appreciate their employees or hard work. Promotions are not based on performance or skill but passage of time. Management does not keep employees informed of things happening in the company. Morale is usually very low and everyone complains all the time. There is no work life balance. They do not value their employees or treat them well.

Advice to Management

Don't treat employees as liabilities. Instead of focusing on bringing in new business focus on servicing current clients with knowledgeable staff. Technical skills should be valued.

"great for growth"

Pros

Opportunity for growth and strong training opportunity. Very valuable when you leave the company and looking outside of public accounting.

Cons

The separation and respect from management on down is very political. Difficult to move forward without rubbing elbows with management.