UHY LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
UHY LLP Co-CEO Anthony Frabotta
Anthony Frabotta

Pros
  • Great people helping you every step of your career (in 7 reviews)

• good culture, work environment, pepople (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I've worked some long hours at times (in 12 reviews)

• No work life balance, difficult to take vacation time due to work load (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time

Pros

Great people to work with
     A lot of effort from management to improve culture and become more modern.

Cons

Outdated policies that need improvement

2. "Talented and great people who love what they do"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rewarding work doing groundbreaking things
    Challenged by the work and high standards
    Clear expectations from management
    Valued opinion as an employee
    Great office space with a view
    Transparent leadership, open door policy

Cons

No wfh "policy" but it's available if/when needed

3. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Farmington Hills Post Office, MI
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Farmington Hills Post Office, MI

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very nice place to work.

Cons

Can't think of any negatives.

"Best Job I Have Had in Atlanta"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The Atlanta office of UHY is one of the most collaborative environments I ever worked in. I have worked professionally for over 20 years and if you are self motivated and a team player, the sky is the limit.

Management also treats me like the adult and professional that I am. If I need to take care of something personal, there is never an issue. I have worked in environments that management never cared and from 9-7 I was there for them. I do not find that to be the case here. They are always asking if I need help or is there something they can do. I really enjoy coming to work every day. It hurts to see some of the negative postings here on Glassdoor as that has not been my experience at all.

Cons

If you are not self motivated and need to rely on other to tell you what to do all the time, you will have a difficult time being successful here.

Advice to Management

Hire more quality people as this office continues to grow and I would hate to not be able to continue to support our clients with the level of service they expect from UHY.

UHY LLP Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Principal

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that your experience with UHY is positive. As you know, UHY has an open door policy and frequently solicits input from the team on ways we can continuously ... More

"Atlanta Office - Great Place to Work"

I have been working at UHY LLP full-time

Pros

I am an experienced Professional who throughout my career have worked at 2 Fortune 100 companies, a well-respected medium size company, and a smaller company. For someone who has worked in and been successful in a variety of different environments and cultures, I am pleased to work at UHY - Atlanta. My experience here is that the culture is one that promotes collaboration / team work. We are a consulting practice, as a result, that typically means long days and long hours... goes along with the nature of what we do to serve our clients and to meet our clients expectations.

I have experienced that leadership is approachable, personable and available 24x7 for their team. There is nothing that they expect from their team that they wouldn't do themselves. The office is light-hearted, fun with team lunches, impromptu socials and recognition celebrations. People care about others personally and professionally. (We know about colleagues spouses, children, even pet names and favorite sports teams (seriously - ha!).)

I truly believe successful professionals can find/create success here.

Cons

Due to the entrepreneurial spirit of the practice and due to the rapid growth, to be successful here, you need to be self-motivated, adaptable/flexible and accountable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Only suggestion would be to implement routine "one-on-ones" with direct reports.

UHY LLP Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Principal

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation to Management!

"Great experience, horrible management"

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at UHY LLP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of really nice people who work there. They have good training and you learn a lot quickly which makes it great for career growth and future employment opportunities. Unlike Big 4, you get to work on the entire engagement from planning to wrap up.

Cons

Some of the partners and principals who work there are literally clueless. They will sign off on any engagement despite lack of knowledge on industry and subject matter. If you are good at your job they give you more and more work while keeping people who sit around with no work to do. The firm is ran by a group of older white men who do not value diversity or the opinions of women. They do not appreciate their employees or hard work. Promotions are not based on performance or skill but passage of time. Management does not keep employees informed of things happening in the company. Morale is usually very low and everyone complains all the time. There is no work life balance. They do not value their employees or treat them well.

Advice to Management

Don't treat employees as liabilities. Instead of focusing on bringing in new business focus on servicing current clients with knowledgeable staff. Technical skills should be valued.

"Beware...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I'm no longer with the company.

Cons

Completely agree with a couple of the previous posts about UHY (Atlanta) being toxic and tacky (looks like a few of them have been deleted - shocker). There are various issues with the Atlanta practice. The main issues people need to be aware of are the complete lack of respect for employees and unprofessional office environment.

The Atlanta office prides itself on having a "fun workplace environment", which in other words means highly unprofessional and hostile. Higher ups engage in this unacceptable behavior which sets the precedent for other employees to follow suit. There is a complete lack of respect for employees and no separation between what's professional/personal.I understand wanting to engage with co-workers, BUT there are lines that should never be crossed. Quite frankly, some of the behavior that's deemed acceptable is harassment and should not be tolerated INSIDE/OUTSIDE of the workplace.

The lack of respect also shows in how they overwork employees. Management doesn't invest in properly training new employees, so the majority of the work falls on those who have the most experience.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words. Reevaluate your organization, start setting HIGH standards, and take ACTION to ensure employees are treated fairly/appropriately. If you don't know what's appropriate, then you shouldn't be in a management/director level position.

"good experience"

Former Employee - Senior Staff Auditor in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Auditor in Wakefield, MA

I worked at UHY LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technical training received, reasonable compensation

Cons

No work life balance, difficult to take vacation time due to work load

"Stay away! Company is imploding!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at UHY LLP full-time

Pros

No much. Friendly staff, nice office layout, but that's about it. They give out free snacks, lunches during tax season

Cons

Low salary, pricey healthcare, match and bonus are a joke! Partners treat subordinates as worthless cogs. Constant fear of being fired. Sold largest office 18 months ago and has been down hill since then! IT support is horrible! Most IT people in Texas and there's no office there. Might as well be in China for all the help they provide! Lack of respect from leaders!

Advice to Management

Time to cash in, retire and close up shop!

"Make the most of it."

Former Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI

I worked at UHY LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A truly unique place to work that may allow you to pursue some of your career goals.

Cons

No vision, strategy, or leadership. No investment in people, process, or technology. Very poor benefits and old-fashioned culture. All employees exist only to enrich the partners. No organizational structure. No opportunity for advancement because the partners do not retire. The benefits are lousy and the culture is absurd. 15 days PTO and 6.5 holidays. Apparently Christmas Eve is only half a holiday. Insurance is very expensive and the 401k "match" is extremely discretionary – just like the year-end bonus that isn't tied to performance. You will never hear more intolerant, racist, and backwards thinking in a white-collar environment in 2016.

Advice to Management

Retire or sell, and please take your Trumpish ways elsewhere.