KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)

Engaged Employer

UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)

Add a Review

UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2021

Found 3,423 of over 3,733 reviews

4.2
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) CEO Aron Ain
Aron Ain
1,672 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work life balance is great here(in 468 reviews)

• "I will recommend people to join Kronos (Now Ultimate(in 311 reviews)

• Cons
  • "52 company on the same list/year (Kronos) with the(in 219 reviews)

• "Work life balance is difficult depending on which division you are in(in 102 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Why UKG? Our CEO Aron Ain has the highest level of integrity of any human I’ve ever met and so do our people!

May 12, 2021 - Vice President Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are too many amazing pros to list but let me tell you a few - 1. Free Healthcare 2. Highest 401K match in the industry 3. Endless remote options and as a working mom that started at this company almost 20 years ago it afforded me the opportunity to make my own schedule while being able to spend time with my kids due to flexibility. 4. Tuition Reimbursement (I was able to work, have a family and achieve an MBA) paid by UKG 5. Career advancement for those that want to work hard! Sky is the limit and with the merger it is even more exciting with tremendous opportunities ahead! 6. $500M R&D investment back into our products 7. Amazing people that are fun to work with and do whatever it takes to come together to make our customers successful. 8. Fast paced and does not get boring! 9. The most Charitable organization in the world! 10. All of the above and again super supportive of working moms which is why I have stayed for so long! You will love it at UKG and so will your family!

Cons

Announcing the merger of two organizations a month before the pandemic started has had its challenges but our newly formed UKG has handled it with absolute grace and resilience. There is no place I would rather work whether it was Kronos before the merger or UKG after the merger. It’s hands down the best place to work and will only get better!

13 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

UKG rocks!

Jul 29, 2021 - IT Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have doubled in size and the spirit of both companies has built a stronger culture!

Cons

Merger is still happening and some roles and departments continue to merge.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place to work. Hand down!

Nov 5, 2020 - Service Specialist II in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, People oriented, Smart coworkers and managers make this the best place to want to succeed. They promote self care, and create an environment where it is a joy to come to work.

Cons

No cons for working for this company.

117 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Benefits is what keeps people working here

Mar 29, 2021 - Manager in Lowell, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited PTO - 401k Matching and Stock Options - Paid insurance - Excellent wellness programs - Remote work (currently) - Great people managers trying to do their best

Cons

- Faceless leaders that lack the skills to adequately engage employees. - The politics are exhausting. - Executive leadership = Good ole' boys club - no diversity in age, gender, or race. - The 'Our purpose is people' tagline does not apply to employees. - High stress and toxic environment. - IT is creating too many disruptions. - No enterprise-wide strategic roadmap and governance. This has and continues to create lots of chaos and collision. - Managers aren't given sufficient resources and information to properly lead their teams. - HR lacks the 'human' element. - Too many reorgs. that aren't 'fully-baked' and lack sufficient transition plans. - Trust does not exist

79 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Post-Merger Hire, Business Development

Jul 1, 2021 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are in the HCM industry, you know there is no better opportunity than this. Large territories, talented Solution Experts, very talented implementation teams, best service in the industry, deep HR technology, deepest workforce management technology. For Legacy Ultimate employees (some) things have changed from what I have heard, but I still have never worked for a company like this. Not even close to this level of talent anywhere, especially in the HCM space.

Cons

I'm genuinely being picky to put some cons here. The merger has gone far better than any of us could have anticipated, but it's a merger. So there are still things that we are learning and it's not all ironed out yet. Nothing detrimental, it's just going to take time for perfection of what Ultimate had before to be reached. Again, being picky to put something down.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Mergers are hard

Jul 20, 2021 - Senior Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership continues to invest in the business and I consistently see them make decisions that align with our core values. Examples would include the investment in hiring new staff; maintaining the legacy Ultimate's no healthcare premiums; offering restricted stock units; and hiring Brian Reaves as our Diversity Officer. Not everyone will agree with all decisions, but as someone who has worked at UKG for nearly 10 years, I can attest that the leadership is genuine in their desire to create a great work environment, listen to their employees, and deliver strong business results.

Cons

There is a constant stream of changes that would be expected with the merger and coming out of a pandemic. It is overwhelming at times and the workload on both managers and employees is significant. New or combined systems, new policies, new org structure - it is just a lot. I'm confident in our leadership team to get us through this phase but it is a lot.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Applicants beware! False promises on job title vs Day 1

Jul 27, 2021 - Talent Acquisition in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO and adding more words to meet criteria.

Cons

I interviewed for a manager role at UKG and on my first day to found out I was an Associate and lied to. Basically downgrading me to two positions. I also mentioned I was taking a 20k+ paycut from my old management six figure role. I was encouraged a bunch of promises and it all changed as soon as my Day 1 started. I’ve been emotionally drained from the losses this company has done for me. This has been an absolutely crap company trying to drink the Koolaid that it’s top company to work for. This is what good PR does and under the table paying top 100 companies. Save your time, drop your application, you will thank me for it. Within one week I already knew this was going to get worse and after month the feeling is getting stronger. UKG is a huge downgrade and insult to my career mobility.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I hope the future is brighter

Jul 28, 2021 - Sales in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great and we have good products. That's what keeps most of us here.

Cons

On the Kronos side, literally half the company hates our guts. Ultimate employee are convinced Kronos aquired them and anyone in middle gets caught in the culture crossfire. They make their disdain for us public no matter what we do in the org and it's killing my teams moral. Leadership across sales is burning us out. 100 percent isn't good enough for anyone and it's exhausting. My BDR hasn't taken any time off this entire year to my knowledge and I can't imagine how that org is doing.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Read more recent reviews for a clear picture, not what it used to be

May 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ultimate Software was an incredible place to work. It stood alone in terms of its benefits and culture. That culture has been gutted since leadership left. I hope anyone applying to work there now reads current reviews of UKG instead of seeing the old, stellar reviews. Being an incredible place to work for 10+ years is a huge accomplishment and can carry a company in terms of maintaining their image even when things are going steeply downhill, which is what is happening. I have put in my notice after 10+ years, and many of my peers who have been here over a decade have done the same over the last few months. On the plus side.... - Some of the old benefits such as 401k still remain

Cons

- Benefits are being slowly eroded since merger - Talented and experienced employees are leaving in droves - Leadership is completely different, all leadership that made the company what it was is gone - Culture has completely changed, there is no more feeling of individual care & "family" - Managers are clearly receiving pressure from up top to treat employees a certain way, the change is drastic and you can see good managers leaving as the pressure escalates - Outsourcing is ramping up - Lots of talk about inclusivity and diversity that rings absolutely hollow - actions & talk around the protests last summer after George Floyd's murder were particularly egregious

42 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Pros

- Paid Insurance (And that's it! Every other perk are table stakes at any company these days)

Cons

- Company now run by Kronos execs who only know WFM - Former top HCM leaders have left the company - Company culture has been destroyed - Antiquated Kronos processes - Below-market compensation - Incompetent Leaders - Declining Employee morale (there's more but i'd exceed my character limit)

2 people found this review helpful