Cover image for UKG
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

UKG Employee Reviews about "employee"

Updated Feb 2, 2023

4.0
UKG CEO, Executive Chair Chris Todd, Aron Ain
Chris Todd, Aron Ain
2,484 Ratings

What people are saying about UKG

Join the conversation on

Consulting

7m

works at

UKG

I don’t know how y’all feel about solution consulting in this bowl but I just wanted to give props to my company UKG real quick. Last week they sent out an email reminding us that they’ve been covering travel for medical or reproductive services for years, long before it became a hot button issue. Feels like it’s been important to them for a long time because it’s the right thing to do and not just because everyone else is offering it lately.

Tech

635K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=UKG~7900
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about UKG? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UKG employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and medical is paid100% by the company also offer a very Competitive 401K Plan.(in 730 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Environment.(in 438 reviews)
  • "Great people (people are genuine and want you to succeed)(in 374 reviews)
  • "Having a good Work/Life balance for everyone is near the top of concerns for management.(in 369 reviews)
  • "employee friendly and very flexible(in 176 reviews)
Cons
  • "Whats that about “People First?” Direct managers have power to do nothing it seems.(in 138 reviews)
  • "Terrible IT Team with poor management(in 131 reviews)
  • "Another key element is Krono's weak middle management in which Kronos upper management is blind(&; detached) too.(in 51 reviews)
  • "Ultimate software merged with Kronos after we were both acquired by a private equity firm but it was not a merge it was a takeover.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Long hours and expected after hours work(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of UKG and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "employee"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

UltiFail Software

Feb 3, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Decent benefits. 2. Very nice and fun coworkers. 3. Free lunches and many perks. 4. Good tech-stack.

Cons

Here are some of the things that you are told when you join Ultimate: 1. You have joined the best company ever. 2. Ultimate is the best place to work. 3. You will do incredibly well at ultimate software - financially and career wise. 4. We are so good you better work hard and live up-to expectations if you want to stay with us or else we will get rid of you - Yes the CEO literally said 'we will get rid of you' during new hire orientation. However realities are more sobering and the following is voice of experience. 1. Ultimate is not the best company ever to work for. Do not place too much importance on the Forbes list. Forbes go by CEO approval ratings and internal employee surveys which are not too hard to game. While it is true that their culture is good, it does not deserve the 'Best ever' tag - no one does. 2. You wont be joining the best company ever. Ultimate is a small player in the HCM space and has to compete with the likes of giants like ADP and many other smaller players in HCM and payroll. This makes their business pretty limited which to you as employee will mean limited career potential. 3. Financially you will not do 'way' better than other employments. This may be the case for a C or a B student. But for an A, nah not that much. But benefits are at par with market rate - we have to be honest about that. 4. Their 'band of propaganda' will keep blaring loudly all the time - For that reason no matter how hard you work, it will never be good enough for them to promote or reward you for it. And this is not because you are bad or average but simply because they don't have many opportunities for you by the virtue of their smallness. 5. You might wonder will it not do me real good if I stick around and keep doing good for the company - for when it grows so will I. The problem there is that ship has already sailed for Ultimate. It has been around for more than two decades and has not broken past its title of a 'medium niche player'. 6. Nepotism and favoritism is rampant. They will promote only their friends. 7. Managers and leads are very insecure about their jobs. They will push you back hard, if you run too fast. So the unwritten rule is - 'Never make the leads look bad by shining too bright'. To you as an A student it means a career dead-end. 7. They literally have painted their CEO on their walls in Phase 10 dev center like he is a deity. That is extremely rude for smart and hard working employees. Not that I suggesting I am one, but nobody is that special. All of this means that for an A student who is very excited to prosper and grow in career, this is not your spot. Keep looking for opportunities and move if you get a better job. But for a B or C student who wants a fun place to work, have parties with co-workers, crack plenty of break-room jokes and go back home contented, then this is your heaven.

56 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Leadership in Workplace is lacking.

Dec 4, 2012 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits package and telecommuting options. The corporate culture is very employee oriented and tries their best to keep their employees happy.

Cons

Executive management is disconnected from the realities of the business. Processes are changed up every quarter instead of seeing things through. Promotions are based on who you know. Very good middle managers are few and far between. Departments each work in their own bubble instead of working together to come up with effective initiatives; the result is more fragmented processes that need to be scrapped and redone every few months.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the UKG team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Employer Ever Equates to Best HCM Software Company Ever

Mar 26, 2017 - Strategic Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ultimate Software is the best place I've ever worked. I've spent 20 years in the industry in a sales capacity. What I love most about Ultimate is how they treat their employees at every level of the organization. The CEO is approachable and truly cares about the wellbeing and success of each and every employee. And that sentiment is expressed throughout the ranks of his leadership. Having previously worked for one of the biggest and most respected technology companies in the industry, I see the difference in how this People-First approach with its employees spills over to its engagement with its customers. We are all empowered to take care of the customer. It's simple, hire the best and brightest, treat them with love and respect (might sound a little corny, but true), and empower them to delight the customer. This is presumably why we enjoy a ~98% Customer Retention Rating and an equally impressive ~97% Customer Satisfaction Score. Clearly not perfect, and I'm sure those 2% and 3% keep our leadership wanting to be even better, but it's darn good. More than money, from a Sales perspective, taking care of my customers and delivering on my promises is much more important than making the big 6-figure paycheck. My word is my honor, especially when it comes to maintaining longevity in a sales career. And the beautiful surprise was that this actually turned out to be an even more profitable opportunity for me and my family than having worked for the other 'big guy' with lots of shiny bells and whistles. The uptick was MATERIAL, and I am sleeping well at night knowing there is an ethical approach to doing business. My customers view this relationship as a partnership, and we deliver on that partnership promise. And of course, the 100% paid-for benefits, the 40% match on the 401k, and more. No wonder my service givers and internal stakeholders collaborate and strive hard to serve their customers. Enough said.

Cons

None really. I've been here ~2 years now and wanted to gain enough experience and first-hand knowledge to post a realistic portrayal that would be meaningful to sales professionals looking for a move, and to others in general.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company; Great Culture

May 25, 2018 - Director in Lowell, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee and customer centric culture with genuine leaders who truly care about doing the right thing for customers and employees. Great work environment with tons of amenities including modern workspaces, barista, fun/collaborative common spaces, on-site gym, walking stations & path, multiple food options including different pop up restaurants each day and more. Work is challenging and lots of opportunities. myTime vacation policy is great for work/life balance.

Cons

Work is fast-paced, but some systems/technology/work process don't keep up. 401k match is low compared to other companies.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Jun 9, 2015 - Cloud Customer Manager in Chelmsford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Benefits *Management *Team *Work Schedule - very flexible Since starting at Kronos, I honestly have nothing but good things to say about the company. It shows on a daily basis how seriously they take work-life balance and they really want their employees to be happy. There are very few companies out that that invest as heavily in their workforce as Kronos does. The work schedule is incredibly flexible and the work from home option is really amazing. Management has been great, very far from being micro-managy and they are always looking for ways to improve the role. The pay is also very good. I'm very happy with what I am making. There is also an on-site gym, wellness coach and trainer to help you hit your well being and fitness goals...for free! Kronos also does 401k matching and offers employee discounts on several products as well as several other great benefits. Overall.. the hype is true. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

Since so many people on the team work remotely, it is hard to get to know co-workers especially when you are new, but again, this is also one of the benefits as we do have the flexibility to work remotely.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Company to Work For

Jan 16, 2015 - Payment Services Support Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ultimate Software puts its employees first. They provide training, support and a family atmosphere to work in. They take care of us by providing insurance, 401K, and stock options. Our CEO. Scott Scherr, is one of the most caring, sharing men I know. He is very down to earth and easy to talk to. I feel very fortunate to be an Ultimate Software employee and to be working in such a great atmosphere..

Cons

Growing too fast! Require additional space in California

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Extremely poor and delusional management with strong nepotism

Aug 21, 2019 - Technical Support Engineer in Lake Mary, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I don't know of any pros that I heard of.

Cons

The company is delusional. They think that in order to do the work as their 'Technical Support Engineer' you have to have a Computer Science/Engineering/IT degree when someone with a GED can do the job. The job requires no brain because it's just answering calls and resolving low-level technical issues of their proprietary software products. If you just get trained for a few months on their products and you're even slightly technically savvy, you'd have no problem doing the job. They shouldn't be allowed to use the word 'Engineer' on the job title Technical Support Engineer. It's an insult to people who actually went through college of engineering and actually have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. 99% of the people who are 'Technical Support Engineer I/II/III' wouldn't last a year at an engineering school. If