Cover image for UKG
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

UKG Employee Reviews about "manager"

Updated Feb 6, 2023

4.0
UKG CEO, Executive Chair Chris Todd, Aron Ain
Chris Todd, Aron Ain
2,491 Ratings

What people are saying about UKG

Join the conversation on

Consulting

7m

works at

UKG

I don’t know how y’all feel about solution consulting in this bowl but I just wanted to give props to my company UKG real quick. Last week they sent out an email reminding us that they’ve been covering travel for medical or reproductive services for years, long before it became a hot button issue. Feels like it’s been important to them for a long time because it’s the right thing to do and not just because everyone else is offering it lately.

Tech

637.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=UKG~7900
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about UKG? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UKG employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and provided with all the IT equipment to be able do my job anywhere.(in 720 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Environment.(in 443 reviews)
  • "Having a good Work/Life balance for everyone is near the top of concerns for management.(in 369 reviews)
  • "Great people (people are genuine and want you to succeed)(in 366 reviews)
  • "Montreal employees are friendly and nice to work with(in 176 reviews)
Cons
  • "Not all managers are good(in 136 reviews)
  • "Poor management with poor Mentality(in 132 reviews)
  • "Another key element is Krono's weak middle management in which Kronos upper management is blind(&; detached) too.(in 51 reviews)
  • "Ultimate software merged with Kronos after we were both acquired by a private equity firm but it was not a merge it was a takeover.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Long hours and expected after hours work(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of UKG and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing culture, great benefits, with a few caveats

Jul 22, 2021 - Site Reliability Engineering Intern in Lowell, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined UKG as a summer intern on the Legacy Kronos side of the organization. My manager and coworkers were all very friendly and eager to help with whatever I needed. The recruitment and onboarding process was simple and straightforward; they really give you all the information you need to succeed. The benefits of a full time employee are fantastic as well, with tuition assistance, unlimited PTO, medical insurance, etc. The work culture is focused around making sure the people of UKG are taken care of which is fantastic.

Cons

UKG is the result of an ongoing merger between Kronos and Ultimate Software, thus there is quite a bit of redundancy and inefficiencies in the organization at the moment. It can get confusing as both organizations, while now under the same management, has quite a few walls and roadblocks in terms of access and communication which will take a few years to smooth out.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Love the company..management...eh

Jun 30, 2015 - Marketing in Chelmsford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most groups are open to working remote when needed and benefits are superb. Loved the people I worked with right up to the end. Loved my job.

Cons

Management is 'cliquie'..if the manager doesn't like you...forget it..your time there is miserable. And they let you know if they do not like you.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the UKG team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Intern

great experience

Aug 8, 2017 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

everyone on the team I worked with was so helpful and knew that I was there to learn. I never felt uncomfortable asking anyone questions about my work whatsoever. the team I was with were all friendly with one another and really wanted me to feel included. I had a great relationship with my manager as well and we were able to have a lot of fun while getting work done

Cons

there was no cons to my intern experience. if I needed to take an afternoon off, my manager was very understanding.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Extremely poor and delusional management with strong nepotism

Aug 21, 2019 - Technical Support Engineer in Lake Mary, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I don't know of any pros that I heard of.

Cons

The company is delusional. They think that in order to do the work as their 'Technical Support Engineer' you have to have a Computer Science/Engineering/IT degree when someone with a GED can do the job. The job requires no brain because it's just answering calls and resolving low-level technical issues of their proprietary software products. If you just get trained for a few months on their products and you're even slightly technically savvy, you'd have no problem doing the job. They shouldn't be allowed to use the word 'Engineer' on the job title Technical Support Engineer. It's an insult to people who actually went through college of engineering and actually have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. 99% of the people who are 'Technical Support Engineer I/II/III' wouldn't last a year at an engineering school. If you've just gotten out of school with a degree in STEM and you're not one of those fortunate graduates who were lined up with jobs before you graduated, avoid working at this company as their 'Technical Support Engineer' just to get some 'experience' for your resume. An acquaintance of mine made the mistake of doing this and he said it was the worst decision in his life. Lake Mary location is terrible. There is one manager that is just utterly terrible and apparently the only reason he got the job is because he had been with the company for 10~15 years when the company was relatively unknown and needed to hire people. From what I've heard, the manager is extremely temperamental - throws baby tantrums every other hour. If you make even a small mistake, be prepared to be called out in front of everyone. Also, if he doesn't like you for whatever reason, good luck with the toxic work environment. If he likes you, he won't care about any mistakes you make. All the evidence points to that this particular manager is clueless about proper employee management and interactions - probably because he hasn't received proper manager training and also lacks education. Other managers are alright.

15 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee

What is going on here?

Nov 30, 2022 - Product Support Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are so kind and friendly. Company is recognized globally.

Cons

I feel so tricked and not set up for success here. For a “proud purpose is people” company a lot of people/employees leave or have left. The turnover rate is extremely high in this specific department (highest I’ve seen in my professional career) Training is non existent (7 weeks) with an overwhelming amount of learning info that is set through LONG modules. No peer mentorship, one on ones, and even if you wanted to stay to switch roles, 1 year is required before transferring to a new position. I understand that the company is going through a merger and it takes a while to find the groove of things but this department lacks support greatly. People who have been here longer than myself are frustrated. People who are new are frustrated. Work life balance is solely dependent on what kind of manager you have so good luck. Job description is not accurate with what you’re actually going to be doing. Please be aware that you will be tracked to see when you go into the office. Overall I wouldn’t recommend this position unless they invest in a large training team/department to make sure you’re continually set up for success, ideologies that carried Ultimate or companies that have a successful retention rate and managers that value work life balance more than they do numbers.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bad manager Good company

Dec 6, 2021 - Principal Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k match is where it ends. PTO is a joke - I had to resign (made to leave) as I could not get sufficient PTOs

Cons

1. PTO depends on manager and so unlimited PTO is a joke. My manager was absolutely adamant at not granting me required PTOs even though I gave multiple options. This is coming from an employee who did not take a total of even 8 days off for last 1.5 years in the company. Believe me I was requesting PTOs to visit my family who were in severely ill due to COVID. 2. Manager would be unavailable multiple times during the standup, and the. day you are unavailable you will be asked to give an explanation. I have always explained before the standup and a night before as well why I will not be part of standup. Last 1.5 year in the company - I missed standup just 5 times and always informed before. 3. Manager accusing of keeping camera off in meetings ??? Was there a video meeting, sorry I do not see anyone using their camera - why me being singled out ? 4. BA not sure of the story and when you ask the manager (who created the story) to explain - you are being told for disturbing people. 5. And after all this - manager is not ready to give PTO because there will be stress in the team :) 6. I was even accused of misleading the manager for requesting the PTOs. This happens when you make junior people manager who do not actually have experience handling the team. I do not know if they have pressure from the top management or is it something they always do.

13 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I am still content

Aug 25, 2021 - Lead Technical Solutions Engineer in Weston, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- 100% covered healthcare for entire family - Local Management team is amazing - Great Team - Adaptability I work with a great group of people. Our team is given a task and said make it happen, we typically deliver. We have a varied background in different specialties which makes it a good combinations of ways of being able to accomplish projects that are given our way. Direct Management works with us to allow for an amazing work/life balance. I know that it is not always so with other teams, so I am blessed to have the team that I work with. They are always flexible, within reason, to allow for us to work remotely when we need to. It is my manager and team that makes this such a great place for me to work at. I really enjoy that we are kept in the loop of things happening with monthly All hands meetings with our main branch, and even the smaller branches of the organizational tree.

Cons

Mergers are rarely good to begin with, but when it happens in the midst of a global pandemic, it's even worse. This merger really does feel more like a buy-out of Ultimate Software by Kronos. All of the upper level management positions were filled by the Legacy Kronos team and as they fill those spots, the Ultimate culture continues to die out. We have lost many of the benefits and extras that we once had. To me it seems like people are leaving the company left and right. Over 50% of the people that I work with outside of our department have left the company. This means that we are working with people that are new to a role, so we have to go back to the beginning on a lot of things. However, it does seem like the people that are taking over these roles do seem to be documenting things so if there is another changing of the guard, we may not need to go back to square 1. Even with all of these changes happening. I am still pretty content.