UMPhysicians Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Psychometrist"

I worked at UMPhysicians full-time

Pros

Commensurate pay. Good coworkers. Quality facilities.

Cons

Benefits are not good. Parking while

Advice to Management

More communication between management and staff.

2. "Department of Anesthesiology [Bad Management]"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at UMPhysicians full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Located on UMN campus East Bank, great location.

Cons

1. It's a terrible work environment.
    A great amount of co-workers in that department treat other colleagues from same level or above them with consistent disrespect and disgrace behind their back. (My co-worker smashes the phone and swears at our manager frequently after she calls her.)

2. Working in this department was like working for a bad-tempered client.
    Top level managers are all anesthesiologist background, but some of them are demanding, controlling in all aspects that leads to disastrous results, both in terms of work accomplishments and employees' development.

My boss and manager tends to treat most non-doctor (admin) subordinates not as their associates, but rather as their servants. In the rare occasions of one-on-one times, they like to spend most time in talking vaguely about assigning a project, or educating, criticizing, rather than listening for feedbacks and suggestions.

The same project could last for almost one year without progression, yet he refuses clarity and any advice from the lower level associates whose specialities are in that area, rather he mindlessly gives orders to both employees below his level and software company that provides the service. My boss was also rarely available for any followups with questions. It could take him one week to reply a phone call or an email, but whenever everything went wrong the subordinates were always the first ones to be blamed and criticized. (In my first two weeks working there, one of my co-workers was yelled at by our boss during a meeting for something she was not assigned and she ran out of the meeting crying.)

3. There was no honesty or open communication in this department.
    Some people can choose their working hours but some cannot. The manager could abruptly change your working hours or office locations without concerning your own personal needs. Any negotiations or questionings were considered disobedience.

4. Docs: IT Admins are not on Calls.
    I was working part-time for a while and full-time for a while. When I was working part-time while going the school full-time, I had a set of working schedule for 20 hours per week. But since the managers did not help me get a separate email account from my school's email, I have been receiving emails anytime from 6:20 am to 10:30 pm from doctors specifically directed to me asking to handle work-related issues.

Advice to Management

No advice. You have a lot money as doctors or managers, but perhaps nothing else.

3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Clinic Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Clinic Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UMPhysicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management, pay and benefits.

Cons

Lots of change, hard to be part of decision making unless you're in senior management.

5. "Senior Complex Procedure Scheduler"

Former Employee - Senior Complex Procedure Scheduler in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Complex Procedure Scheduler in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at UMPhysicians full-time

Pros

Able to work independently to get job done, supervisor and manager did not micromanage staff. Flexible hours and able to get OT on occasion.

Cons

Not able to further my career with the company without a degree. I was maxed out in the pay range for my position so I left for another company with opportunity to advance.

Advice to Management

Offer training to help staff advance to the next level (clinic supervisor), especially when they've performed the job duties when the clinic was without a supervisor and manager.

6. "Move on"

I have been working at UMPhysicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location is great. They have good benefits. Nothing else is worth your time or sanity.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. Terrible management. Upper management never communicates or does anything for anyone under a director level. Other management is just plain bad. Never been so badly managed. Complete incompetence at 90% of the executive administrative level. I am embarrassed that I work with them.

Advice to Management

Move on! There is nothing more for you to damage so let someone with competence takeover and try again. You are all used car salesman selling a joke of a company.

"Health Records Technician"

Former Employee - Health Records Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Health Records Technician in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I had a great supervisor who I wished I could stayed and worked for. Met great people who listened to my questions and needs.

Cons

As a full time temp I made $16.00 an hour, they offered me the same kind of position at $14.00 an hour. Upper management is difficult, does not understand your job, and don't care about you in the slightest. They do not care about employees at all. We are numbers.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who do the work. Stop constantly emailing and gossiping at job sites. Get some education in the management position. Start caring about employee morale.

"Decent Pay, Work Environment needs improvement."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UMPhysicians (More than a year)

Pros

Working with caring and dedicated providers. Able build relationships and follow progress of families during their treatment. Physicians where multiply hat are involved in innovative research, so it is an interesting environment to be a part of. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Poor communication, limited parking even with contract, management does not follow through when front-line employees voices concerns. Over worked, under staffed.

Advice to Management

Follow through with suggested improvements discussed with front line staff. Support from upper management on a consistent basis.

9. "UMP"

Pros

Fun environment, variety of people you're working with

Cons

Out-dated clinic, poor location (strip mall)

"Clinic care coordinator"

Current Employee - Clinic Service Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Clinic Service Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UMPhysicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Transit discount. Some staff are great to work with

Cons

Management only cares about numbers rather than quality care. Lots of people in the workplace with attitude issues. Meetings daily to only discuss numbers with the clinic.

"Great place to work if you are goal oriented."

I worked at UMPhysicians full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for innovation within the healthcare system. Very goal oriented.

Cons

Some of the locations are difficult to get to for employees.

Advice to Management

Was promised promotion, without follow through.