UNA Reviews | Glassdoor

UNA Reviews

5.0
Anthony Clervi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"What A Great Place To Be!"

Current Employee - Sales in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at UNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never been so happy in my life. There are too many pros to list: There is SO much opportunity, it is extremely exciting. It is a fun yet challenging environment. The people are truly all unique and intelligent - both IQ and EQ. UNA is filled with passionate people who embrace business and life - we work hard, and play harder. We all care greatly about the work we do, but also about our own and each other's personal development. UNA values compassion, honesty, loyalty, and they reward great work. It is a true team environment. UNA strives to promote professional excellence and ensure personal happiness. They really do care.

Cons

Glassdoor is making me put something here so I will say the only negative I can think of is the commute. That is only because of where I live compared to where the office is. It is really not that bad though - it gives me a chance to drink my morning coffee!

Advice to Management

No matter how big we get, please don't lose this feel, care, and attention. It is truly what makes this place so great.

"First Class"

Current Employee - Director in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at UNA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UNA is building a great brand / Flexible schedule / Great compensation / Incredible career growth opportunities / Fantastic work environment / Your voice is heard and ideas are appreciated

Cons

There's so much opportunity on how to grow UNA that it can be hard to keep the main thing the main thing.

"Core Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at UNA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some companies don't even have core values. Other companies have core values but don't live up to them. I can confidently say that not only does UNA have GREAT core values (i.e. integrity, growth, candor, progress, excellence), but the UNA team truly believes in them – we preach AND practice them daily, which leads to incredible productivity, workplace happiness, and overall impacts people in a positive way both inside and outside of the company.

Every team member, regardless of level or position, is empowered to bring ideas to the table, are given the proper tools and freedom to execute, and are ultimately recognized and rewarded for their contributions, big or small.

Overall, UNA fosters creativity, promotes collaboration, and seeks to understand and know everyone at a deep personal and professional level, so as to make sure you are truly on a path of personal excellence.

Cons

I honestly sat here for 15 minutes trying to think of possible flaws, and I couldn't. No company is ever perfect – there will always be ups and downs – but UNA is operating at such a level of greatness that you don't even sweat the small imperfections.

Advice to Management

This goes for all leadership, but speaking to Anthony (President) specifically, as he is at the forefront of all of this:

If anything, bring more intensity to your already awesome leadership style! I wish more companies operated like UNA! The world would be a better place for hungry professionals.

"Best Job I've Had -- Transparent Leadership, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Marketer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Marketer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at UNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone promises great culture, work-life-balance, and open communication on their website and during interviews -- but here it's actually true. In my previous role, I was pigeonholed, working too hard and not being rewarded for it. Coming to UNA has been a breath of fresh air. I laugh at work now, it's been a long time since that happened. The leadership team here is amazing, very open to feedback and new ideas. Their mantra is "empowered" meaning I believe in you, go make it happen. I can't recommend UNA highly enough.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I hope we maintain this amazing culture as we grow.

"Great Company. Great Culture and Values."

Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at UNA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for UNA for a few years now and it has been one of the most rewarding job experiences I have had so far. What UNA has to offer from a product/service standpoint to the company core values, is outstanding. Those in leadership have always strived to make sure that we know our value to the company and have also encouraged us to continue to grow both personally and professionally. I believe that the team and individual commitment to the companies core values plays a huge role in how we relate to our members and visa versa. I'm honored to work for a company that is committed to employees just as much as they are committed to their customers.

Cons

So far I haven't encountered any. I'm not saying it's perfect by any means, but the culture that has been established within UNA is rare and definitely worth being a part of.

"Tis A Good Place"

Current Employee - Business Development in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Business Development in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at UNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great industry, and UNA is so especially positioned in this industry it is incredibly fortunate. This company is young, growing, hungry, and hiring all the right people for sustained success. Even though the office in KC is fairly small the company's support system is large with headquarters and partnerships in Columbia, MO and TX.
    It is the fastest growing GPO in the US. There are solid principals of integrity, culture, honor, and transparency as the building blocks established to make this a very solid soon to be power house.

Cons

The office in KC is small and you work closely with each other inside a culture that doesn't make room for drama. If you don't want to grow, be challenged, and held accountable for yourself, this is not the right place.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward; keep remembering where you came from; keep pressing to where we are going. Keep the culture of honor and candor with grace.