UNHoop Philippines Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

UNHoop Philippines Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.2
  1. "Feedback :)"

Current Employee - English Tutor in Makati City

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a part-time turned full-time tutor... Great working environment Great employer Very approachable and friendly employees If you have a passion for international students for them to be able to learn English, then this company is good for you.

Cons

The company will hopefully be blessed with a bigger lounge where staff and tutors can rest for a while if they don't have classes or work :)

Advice to Management

probably more staff ..but keep up the good work :)

UNHoop Philippines2019-12-06
  2. "Management getting worse"

Former Employee - ESL Tutor

I worked at UNHoop Philippines part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- has incentive programs from time to time - salary given on time - flexible schedule

Cons

- management becoming worse - TMD staff are inconsistent in their answers especially about processing of COR - inhumane at some point because tutors who cannot comply with the COR requirement within their given timeframe will be forced to resign then re-apply if really wish to continue working with the company - they don’t give updates in a timely manner, you will just discover them once you commit mistakes (i.e. student’s absence protocol, lesson report format, etc)

UNHoop Philippines2019-11-14
  3. "Low Pay. No growth. Does not take good care of employees."

Current Employee - Tutor in Bacolod, Bacolod

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro is that I get to work with (mostly) nice people in the office.

Cons

Low base pay. Incentives system needs to be improved. The Makait TMD staff should have a serious ATTITUDE MAKEOVER, especially J and E. CEO seems to not care about his employees at all.

Advice to Management

The company won't earn a single thing without its employees. But you make them feel like they are not so appreciated. The pay is low. And there were some instances when we can't even bring food. Bacolod branch is not an independent branch, Makati still has the say in EVERYTHING. Materials are easy to use, but boring.

UNHoop Philippines2019-09-23
  4. "Unsatisfactory"

Current Employee - Online English Tutor in Makati City

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines part-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer flexible hours of lessons.

Cons

Salary is too cheap. The management is too politically corrupt. Imbalance handling of employees. Little chance of developing.

Advice to Management

The management is too blinded that they could not see potential with their own employees. You are too greedy with the business that you're forgetting in taking care of your own employee. I suggest that you take training under the umbrella of successful leaders. You've been established for years but you're still not growing. You're too laid back for a Japanese company and could not even issue ID for their employees.

UNHoop Philippines2019-05-12
  5. "SCAM INCENTIVES"

Current Employee - ESL Tutor in Makati City

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines part-time for more than a year

Pros

Minimum requirements compared to other companies

Cons

*They will try their best to disqualify you from the incentive program or make any excuse to not give you the incentive you worked hard for. So, if you don't want your effort to go to waste, work somewhere else. *TMD and HR are power-trippers. Very abusive and big liars. Always keep a copy of your conversations with them. Beware. *They will try your best to sabotage you if you're working hard. *If you're not a fan of working for free, do not even try working here. Total waste of time and effort. Moder-day slavery.

Advice to Management

Change your management. Adapt the Japanese work ethics. This company is an insult to the Japanese.

UNHoop Philippines2019-04-26

"Good"

Current Employee - ESL Tutor

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines full-time

Pros

i like the schedule and i love teaching

Cons

none that i can think of

UNHoop Philippines2019-02-15
  7. "Part time"

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines part-time

Pros

Flexible hours that you get to choose

Cons

No students/bookings at times which is a waste of time

UNHoop Philippines2018-09-03

"Good salary. Convenient working hours. Fun management and colleagues"

Current Employee - Unhoop Tutor in Bacolod City

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Without late and absence, plus teaching at least 200 students/month, I receive 15,000. But I have a lot of regular students already ( :-) am a good teacher) , so I also receive performance incentive of 2k, that's 17k per month! woot! woot! Due to some unforeseen circumstances though, I'm sometimes late or worst, absent. Of course, my basic pay is deducted (duh! kahit saang company nmn), but because of the 4,000 Teaching allowance and 2,000 performance incentive, I'm still able to take some a satisfying amount every cut off. I recommend this job to fresh graduates and those who are looking for a stress-free working place and a high-paying job. I like my colleagues here and after my review for the board exam, I'll be joining this company again.

Cons

The basic salary is already good but the higher the better so, I hope there'll be an increase on the basic pay and more incentives too.

UNHoop Philippines2018-06-24

"Not for career gowth-seekers"

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines full-time

Pros

Leaves are rarely declined. Despite having a small number of people in the back office, leaves are usually approved. Mine has never been disapproved.

Cons

Unprofessional and unfair appointment to positions. This is a home to underrated talents and potentials.

Advice to Management

Improvement of professional decision-making is important. Practice proper and professional procedure in appointing supervisors.

UNHoop Philippines2017-10-12

"Good for ESL virgins"

Current Employee - Tutor

I have been working at UNHoop Philippines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Text provided by the company is helpful, when you experience problems or would have to call in sick, the office staff they are nice and professional.

Cons

low salary, been teaching here for more than 3 years unfortunately at the moment i feel like there is no room for growth when it comes to salary. they gave new incentive of 25 pesos pr lesson which seemed impossible to ever meet.

Advice to Management

Please come up with a better compensation package esp. for tutors who's been with the company for a long time, and more room for growth when it comes to work.

UNHoop Philippines2017-09-06