UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Alan Shortall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great opportunities for growth and increasing responsibility with very good pay."

Pros

Unilife offers a great environment and awesome people. There are constant chances to grow and take on increasing responsibility. The wearable injector technology has revolutionized the drug delivery marketplace.

Cons

Sometimes there is more work than can be handled by the staff. Customers drive extra work due to risk aversion and roundabout decision making.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything. This isn't the end of the road. You did everything that could reasonably be expected given the duration.

2. "Engineering tech, toolmaker"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in North York, PA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in North York, PA

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ppl below managers level were top notch.
    Mostly cuz worthless mgmt were smart enough to hire GREAT, ppl to make them look god despite thier lies and short comings.

Cons

Company was driven to bankruptcy by greedy upper level mgmt who spent money to impress others both in and outside of unilife.
         Lunch everyday for the whole company at 250.00 day average, dinners for those that stayed past 10 hours to work at 500.00 minimum a night, EVERY DAY.
        CEO Alan Shortall and a few of his his direct underlings are to blame.

3. "Dishonorable Managers at almost every level, Very Hard working employees"

Former Employee - Held Multiple Positions in York, PA
    Former Employee - Held Multiple Positions in York, PA

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Slightly above average pay
    Opportunities to learn new things
    The gym was pretty nice
    Facility was Spotless
    Production management was attentive and affective
    Location was convenient
    Those not in Management or High up positions were salt of the earth, good, hard working people that I'd be pleased to work with again.

Cons

There were more people in management than employees for most of my time at Unilife. I've listened to more than one of the former VPs lie directly to investors and people on their tour. Production and other members of staff including engineers were asked on multiple occasions to "simulate" assembly and pretend to work in the clean rooms. All to save face with investors and people on tours. I've never seen a company "write-off" as many dinners, hotels, plane tickets, and nights out as Unilife. Those favored by the higher-ups could disappear for days, weeks, and some even months at a time as long as they were "working from home" they kept their jobs. Yes you read that right, there was an individual or two that nobody saw for MONTHS, they came back to work and received a promotion shortly after. I could go on because at Unilife I've been witness to and experienced the most Egregious business practices I've ever seen. While the operators and other lower level people may struggle to find gainful employment the lazy, dishonest, and greedy individuals higher up will most likely find better jobs within the medical and pharma community.

Advice to Management

You cannot and should not be trusted with the well being of a company, it's employee, or the future of a business. Please do the economy a favor and spend the remainder of your working years in production, mowing lawns, greeting people at the door or something that will not only teach you humility but also the value of a dollar.

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Production Associate Medical Devices in York, PA
    Former Employee - Production Associate Medical Devices in York, PA

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate
    Company paid lunches
    Ample breaks
    Benefit package
    Great people
    Great training program

Cons

Company closed
    Company closed

Advice to Management

None to give

5. "Great talent base. Impressive technology Hard working management."

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time

Pros

So much potential....They have a strong base of talent and impressive technology that has helped generate some major customer accounts like Amgen. Leadership team is impressive. Free lunch is nice. Management values the efforts of the engineers.

Cons

Weak cash position has always been holding them back. Still trying to deal with baggage from former leadership.

Advice to Management

keep trying!

"Quality"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in York, PA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in York, PA

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed everyone employed there. My job was good, but stressful. They threw money around like confetti

Cons

Long work weeks and impending bankruptcy. Sometimes companies just fail. It happens. You do the best you can, but you miss something and go under. Not everyone is a winner.

7. "Good company"

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, catered lunches, most managers are understanding, flexible on vacation time and days off

Cons

Many employees work longer hours before project deadlines

8. "Warehouse associate"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in York, PA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in York, PA

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch and decent benefits that aren't too expensive. That is about all they offer for anyone that goes there.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from an under qualified and pompous supervisor. No teamwork within the company at all! Still a very cliche driven company with no respect for the people who are needed the most to succeed!

Advice to Management

Give up on this dream! Only a matter of time before it fails!

9. "executive Housekeeping"

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that worked there were very friendly, I've worked around CEO'S, Executive of the company, we/They all had respect for each other.

Cons

The only down fall was the company was loosing business, and unfortunately I and many others got laid off.

Advice to Management

My Advice to management, is they tried and went beyond to make everyone happy, and I believe it was way to much spending that wasn't necessary.

10. "QC Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I worked at UNILIFE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good people.. Free lunch and dinner..Health insurance, 401K, Quiet location, Inspiring people, Great potential

Cons

Not enough vacation, poor management, no opportunity for growth, salary increase less likely, favoritism, nepotism, improper handling of deadlines and work demand

Advice to Management

vacation days need to be spiked up, there should be more opportunity for growth, the management should be well tuned