UNISSANT Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Manish Malhotra

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent Engaging & Motivating Company"

Former Employee - SENIOR BUSINESS/DATA ANALYST in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - SENIOR BUSINESS/DATA ANALYST in Reston, VA

I worked at UNISSANT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a good 4 year ride with the company. Unfortunate that I had to leave to pursue other opportunities. Very engaging and motivating friendly culture, Kudos to the entire management team and the CEO for maintaining the balance for everyone.

Cons

Hope you continue to win more business so that current employees can grow even more.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Senior Technical Writer"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Reston, VA

Pros

Nice People and working conditions

Cons

Got Laid Off Due To Budget

Advice to Management

Plan accordingly

3. ""Good Place to work!""

Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at UNISSANT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working from the initial stages of the company and saw it grow from strength to strength from the closest quarters. The organization really does it's best to accommodate employees and provide a work life balance. The Executive Leadership Team is very approachable. The majority of employees are dedicated to doing good work, and are willing to educate and help others in areas of development. I have learned a great deal from my peers. Hard work is recognized and opportunities for additional responsibilities are granted if you prove yourself deserving.

Cons

Nothing significant. A little more communication about future goals and plans would be good.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your people and protect the culture. People feel appreciated and a great sense of loyalty to the management. Continue to recognize the accomplishments of individual staff members.

4. "It has been a good first two years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

Now that I'm about to complete my second year I feel I know enough to say something. This is a small company with a lot of focus on Federal contracts so overall salaries aren't the highest but they are competitive with others Unissant's size. I'm working mostly in HQ so I can't speak to what the people at the client sites think of HQ, but I do see that the COO believes that it is important that HQ does what it needs to do to stay connected with onsite staff. I also see that the HQ staff is very friendly, we have monthly birthday/anniversary breakfasts. Our Graphics/Marketing team sends a biweekly newsletters to all employees and contractors to let them know what is going on. Generally speaking, I like much about this company and will stay for awhile (if not longer).

Cons

There has been some turn over in the last two years but it seems to be with a focus on the future. I would like to see some improvements in the benefits such as the amount of vacation for people with years of experience and a policy to handle comptime.

Advice to Management

Continue the growth, figure out if there is a way to let more people participate in proposals (its good learning), keep the place feeling like family, keep the onsite workers part of the organization even the hourly and contractors.

5. "Unissant - A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at UNISSANT (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company with great co-workers and hard working teams - all willing to pitch in and help where needed. Working for a small business presents opportunities for advancement and offers additional opportunities to make a difference. Upper management is very accessible, approachable and extremely knowledgeable in their field. Unissant offers good benefits and provides monthly breakfasts, annual holdiay party as well as a summer picnic. Unissant also recognizes employees with spot bonuses as well as annual reviews.

Cons

No cons as far I am concerned. Management is open to suggestions and really wants to grow the company..

Advice to Management

Continue open communications with employees. Suggest a company wide policy of comp time for hours worked in excess of 40 hours. Keep growing!

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at UNISSANT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly experienced upper management team with a clear picture on where they want to bring the company

Cons

Still growing so there are many hats to be with all positions.

Advice to Management

Continue on with the plan and don't stray

7. "Growing Company"

Current Employee - Corporate Headquaters Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Corporate Headquaters Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at UNISSANT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For almost a year I have enjoyed my time at Unissant. The company has a wonderful open door policy with the C-suite, your supervisor, HR and IT departments, unlike companies I have worked for in the past. I also appreciate the employee engagement opportunities, with each month bringing new ways to provide feedback, celebrate office birthdays, volunteer in the community, etc. It's important to me to work for a company that believes in giving back and believes in employee appreciation.

Cons

Unissant is growing so there are growing pains, but this is more exciting for people wishing to grow their careers than a bad thing. Benefits are not "Cadillac" but I expect they will improve as the company grows.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees from all levels. New ideas build the future! Also, please consider AWS and scheduled telework as an earned benefit!

8. "Annonomous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at UNISSANT (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good place to work!C laid back, not micromanaged. CEO is nice and has an open door policy with a diverse workplace. Company likes to have many events to reward employees on a monthly basis.

Cons

not too many cons here, small office space, benefits could be better

9. "Excellent Company to work for"

Former Employee - Systems Integration & Test Specialist in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Integration & Test Specialist in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at UNISSANT (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with the company for 9 months on a contract. Loved to work there but unfortunately they did not find anything suitable to my skills so after keeping me on bench for almost 9 months let me go. Manish, I am working at Booz Allen now but I really appreciate the opportunity you gave me to be a part of Unissant. I do miss the Christmas Party of 2014.

Cons

I wish it would have been a longer employment.

"Iceberg Ahead."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at UNISSANT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none. Their office is nice. That's just about it.

Cons

God bless anyone who chooses to work here. There is a reason most employees leave within one year. The company lacks direction and does not fulfill promises. Offers "training" and then it is not provided unless required by the customer. Even the executive leadership has a high turnover rate. Offer "free" health insurance but beware because co pays are high. As I've asked around I've learned they have lost a majority of their projects and have poor delivery so if you have to go on the bench you might as well leave because they won't be able to backfill you.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse.