UNPHC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 11, 2018

4.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company & People"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at UNPHC full-time

Pros

Professional people that care about their work, employees, & residents.

Cons

Not the highest wages... However, they pay your insurance premiums... So it more than makes up for it

2. "Great People"

I have been working at UNPHC full-time

Pros

The staff is amazing and its really rewarding to help those in need.

Cons

Pay from being Non Profit can be hard to live on.

"Great Company providing a service vital to the lives of thousands of underprivileged in our community."

I have been working at UNPHC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As long as you are engaged in meeting the goals of the company, and accomplishing the sometimes mundane paperwork tasks which are required as part of working with HUD and other governmental institutions, you are granted relative autonomy. You also get to go home each day knowing that you truly served your fellow man and made a difference in someone's life. When it comes to employment, there isn't a more satisfying feeling.

Cons

Nobody goes into human services to become wealthy, especially as an employee. However, the salary here is particularly low among peers in the field according to salary surveys of multiple organizations conducting annual salary surveys. this fact has been brought to light and a general response has been that our company is a "non-profit." However, the fact is; most businesses in our particular sector are either non-profits or have a similar tax classification.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't presume to advise management on anything. However, I do believe that loyalty and talent should be rewarded

4. "A great group of people serving a worthy cause"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at UNPHC full-time

Pros

If you are interested in serving the housing needs of the needy in society, and you want to give something back, this is a great company to work for. The owner and upper management have even created a nitch in which they can be compensated quite handsomly for doing this "charitable work."

Cons

The pay is extremely low, and the down economy, while not affecting the company directly, has allowed the company to hire people at even lower wages. The divide between what the average middle management employee makes and what upper management makes is obscene in a company of this size. I'd dare say that the term non-profit is only loosely applied when describing management.

Advice to Management

Loyalty is earned, and it starts with a livable wage.