UNorth Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company."

I have been working at UNorth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm new and enjoy it so far. It's a fun environment and the people are friendly. It's exciting to work with new products like the smartwatch, 3d printer, and smartglass. I'm enjoying learning about the products and company.

Cons

It's a little bit of a commute for me, but I plan to move closer.

"Horrible Experience"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in San Jose, CA

Pros

hard to think of pros about this company but the only thing i can remember is nice coworkers

Cons

Management uses fear to control employees.
    Micro managing
    low salary
    unorganized system

"The Truth & Nothing but the Truth"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA

I worked at UNorth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The "Positive" reviews are fake. Rest assured, I will provide you with a genuine and raw review.

There's just one, very positive pro: the co-workers/employees. Due to the horrid management, we sympathize and fuel off each-other's unfair treatment and band together to stay strong and live another day.

Cons

- As a few have already mentioned, management runs a dictatorship and runs an UN-ethical business model.
    - Un-ethical business model: I'll name one thing. INTERNS, please listen. From time to time, they perform a rotational un-paid hiring program for interns with absolutely NO plans to keep anyone on board after their 3 months of delivering free work. They are money hungry their soul is being seeped away by greed and ego.

Advice to Management

Advice...lol, let's begin with instilling some values and ethical business practices. You've got HR under a whip; any professional with a bit of bravery would've transferred you over to authorities.

4. "Great employer with excellent values."

Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at UNorth full-time

Pros

Working here has been mostly positive. No major gripes with the management or the company. All the workers are pretty relaxed with no drama. Good benefits.

Cons

My specific manager can be a micro manager but I always complete my work so it's never a big deal for me.

Advice to Management

A better salary would be nice ;)

5. "Great environment! Really fun!"

I have been working at UNorth part-time (More than a year)

Pros

UNorth is a great place to work. Every employee gets along really well. We always have fun while still getting done what needs to be done. I like working with cutting edge tech like 3D printers, Smart-watches, and Drones.

Cons

I really cant think of any Cons. Perhaps compensate the employees a little more? Or offer more of a variety of benefits at different costs.

6. "Fast paced, but strong growth!"

I have been working at UNorth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, and developing some really good products. I think as time goes but they will continue to grow and prosper.

I really like their is no manager breathing down your neck constantly checking your work. I don't like micro managing so this place work for me in that respect.

Cons

Hard to think of one. This places challenges me every day. I like that.

7. "UNorth is a great place to work. Don't believe the negative reviews."

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at UNorth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at UNorth for 3 years and my experience has been very rewarding for several reasons. First, I work with a team of coworkers that are truly great people. Second, we work with a bunch of cool gadgets and products that are innovative. Lastly, I see working at this company as a rare opportunity to "get in on the ground floor". UNorth is a place that is on its way up, even in a slow economy!

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"One of the best places to work at ...as long as..."

Current Employee - Webmaster in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Webmaster in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at UNorth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working there for 6 years and right in the middle of recession when other companies had massive layoff these guys were doing just fine and whole bunch of openings. There is definitely going to be enough job and if you...things will be super good and heaven for you as long as you meet the deadlines, etc

Cons

Some extra employee activities would be nice (although management already has started on having these). Although after years of work i got hand of it, i feel some of the projects deadlines are too tight

"dull and dreary"

Pros

don't have any pros tbh

Cons

deceptive
    meek lighting
    VERY quiet work place
    trust me, i've read the reviews here thinking that the people who wrote those bad reviews are probably just jaded, but it actually is not what it seems.

Advice to Management

be more excited! be happy! don't act so unimpressed and upset.

"Smoke and mirrors"

Current Employee - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at UNorth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess a pro would be that you do receive some sort of compensation for your work. Occasionally you will get positive feedback from a member of management.

Cons

Deception- As I have titled this review, there is a lot of deception inhabiting this establishment, starting at the moment you are hired. You will receive a call from UNorth if you are selected for an interview, you will go through several interviewing "rounds" with UNorth (often waiting 30 minutes to an hour to be interviewed), and if you are chosen to be hired, you will then be given paperwork to fill out through Oasis (or another temporary employment agency). There will be no warning of this until the moment of hire, so know this going into your interview.

Very questionable work ethics- Management will often have you lie for them, including exaggerating the size of your department when dealing with customers or vendors (in order to make it appear as if there are more employees working than there really are), posting fake reviews on many of their websites (in order to give their name a better reputation). To give you a better idea of this, the reviews published on this Glassdoor page on Dec 10th, Dec 24th, Jan 1st and Jan 5th were all written by management in response to negative criticism they had received.

Advice to Management

Be more forthcoming and honest with your employees.

Don't have them lie for you (as some people will find doing this very uncomfortable).

Consider paying your employees more for the hard work and stress you derive (just because people are in need of jobs does not mean you should take advantage of them).

Hire experienced management to manage your employees and to act as a middle ground between owners and employees.