UPMC Reviews in Uniontown, PA | Glassdoor

Uniontown, PA

2.9
UPMC President and CEO Jeffrey A. Romoff
Jeffrey A. Romoff

Pros
  • A great work/life balance with opportunities for growth in the company (in 26 reviews)

• really good benefits; some good co-workers (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Low wages, under-staffing, I don't know who upper management is (in 30 reviews)

• Work Life Balance, Too much process that prevent efficient execution (in 13 reviews)

1. "Patient Information Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

I worked at UPMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Consistant fulltime work, hard working, great co workers, easy patients

Cons

This location is in Fayette County which is separate from Pittsburgh affliated locations of UPMC COMMUNITY MEDICINE. Its is apart of Fayette Physician Network. In my experience i had two different office managers. Both managers did not have any formal medical education. One had experience as a medical assistant for over 10 years. The other manager had 2 years of office medical experience, but no medical education.
    The managers did not follow management policies smoking allowed, pay discussed among other employees, belittling comments to employees who had worked there for a period of time and knew their job. Most times, i worked through my lunch. There time system asks if you had a uninterrupted lunch. I was afraid to put that i did for how i would be later treated by management. Short staffed. Management gossiping on phone for couple hours a day, not help short staffed employees. Conversation about other patients in front of other patients, arguements between co workers and management in front of other co workers. Repramanding workers in front of patients and co workers. No level of trust, could not communicate with upper management regarding issues due to fear of having job jepardiced. Management controlling what physicians can or cannot do regarding treatment for patients. Scheduling issues: preference over certain patients and stereotyping others. Time discrepacies regarding when patients can be scheduled. We were open from 8:30 to 5:00. If a physician stated to see pt in 3 weeks but patient could not arrive to tge appointment till 3:30, management discouraged scheduling the patient at that time if there werent other appointments scheduled that day...no expections.

Advice to Management

Hire lower level managers, office coordinators that have management education and some medical experience. Need to know the basic rules, psychology of managing employees.

"Patient information Coordinator"

Former Employee - Patient Information Coordinator in Uniontown, PA
    Former Employee - Patient Information Coordinator in Uniontown, PA

I worked at UPMC (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing really made me enjoy it they don't care if they help you or not they only help themselves .

Cons

If management doesn't like you they will find a way to make you either get rid of you or make your time suck.