UPS Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.5
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love that they have great benefits (in 843 reviews)

• good benefits and employer culture (in 656 reviews)

Cons
  • there is no work life balance unless you get daytime hours (in 266 reviews)

• Only Part Time would like my position to be (in 469 reviews)

1. "Financial Reports and Plans Intern"

Former Intern - Frp in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Frp in Atlanta, GA

I worked at UPS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a flexible schedule as long as you worked 40 hours. We could show up anytime between 7-9am and almost every week would be able to just work 4 hours on Friday. We weren't treated as interns that shadowed regular employees or simply filed folders all day. We were given actual tasks that were required for close. About every two weeks, we had a lunch and learn to learn more about the different departments in finance and accounting and lunches with the department managers in our group. It was a fulfilling time and everyone was friendly and wanted to help you succeed.

Cons

This is more of a warning than a con, being that you will be given work, you have to keep in mind your supervisor or specialist still has their daily requirements to complete. Depending on department and time of the month that you start, your supervisor may seem short tempered.

Advice to Management

Allocate more funds to automate more tasks i.e. Journal entries

2. "UPS Operations"

Current Employee - PT Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - PT Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to gain tons of diverse experience.

Cons

Need more training and development for management. More emphasis is placed on the operation running over everything else including safety and training.

Advice to Management

There are some really valuable employees with lots of potential that could be highly beneficial to the company. With the right mentoring and development these employees could be great managers and help improve the operation.

3. "Package Handler"

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Never a shortage of hours if you want them.

Cons

During peak season there is a good chance of having to work overtime.

Advice to Management

Be a proactive as possible to get the sorts processed efficiently

4. "What can UPS do for you"

Current Employee - UPS Loader in Doraville, GA
    Current Employee - UPS Loader in Doraville, GA

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, gradually increased hourly rate, very good benefits.

Cons

If you think ups is breeze job think again. You will work hard to earn the pay and benefits given but it is worh it. Especially the health benefits save you so mucg much money.

5. "Decent job, ok benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Certain jobs at the corporate office have good work hours, mine does. I don't have to work over 45+ hours many weeks.

Cons

Benefits aren't what they used to be; no more pension, nothing exciting at the workplace (not even TVs in cafeteria), they charge you for gym membership at the small on site gym, getting promoted is more of a "who do you know" type system, training is not widely available aside from the dated online "University" system, pay is not at industry level, annual bonus is 50% deferred stock (stock that is NOT a growth stock), hard to advance if you don't have "field" experience (so not great for college grads)

6. "Operations Supervisor"

Former Employee - Operations S in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Operations S in Atlanta, GA

I worked at UPS (More than a year)

Pros

Overall a great company to work for. Offers the best benefits you could ask for. There is opportunity to progress as long as you put your time in.

Cons

Middle management gets walked all over, there is no safety, and the union is selfish. High stress environment.

7. "Very hard work with positive and supporting group of Co workers"

Former Employee - Pre Loader in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Pre Loader in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at UPS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Short shifts, weekly pay role, supportive work environment, no mandatory uniforms, no one watches over your every move, builds character

Cons

Hot or cold working conditions, hard on your body, hard work is hardly ever noticed, not very consistent jobs each night

Advice to Management

Step in and help employees a little when needed

8. "CSR"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at UPS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company but too slow to make decisions

Cons

Takes too long to make decisions

Advice to Management

Nothing

9. "UPS IS RUNNING A MODERN DAY PLANTATION IN ATLANTA, GA"

Current Employee - PT Package Handler in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - PT Package Handler in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS part-time

Pros

There are absolutely no positives of working or a company that runs itself like a plantation

Cons

1. Hiring process: lies with regard to the schedules available (recruiter said one thing but after being hired, the trainer said something else)

2. Pa/benefits: starting pay at the hub located on Fulton Industrial in Atlanta Georgia is ridiculously low at $10.20 per hour. Adding insult to injury, they expect you to literally work like a slave by yelling at you to hurry up. It doesn't go without notice that the majority of the warehouse employees are minorities and the people looking down on them are white men, You are only give 1 10 minute break when working 3.5-5 hours. Benefits do not start until you have worked there 1 year so you will have no health insurance.

3. Lies regarding opportunities: they try to sell a load of BS to you about all of the opportunities to advance and earn loads of money during peak season by working overtime. There are only PT opportunities initially so if you need FT you wont get it at the warehouse. Also, all of the money you earn is working like a slave so the overtime carrot that they dangle is essentially working like an overworked slave for $15 bucks just to make ends meet? UPS should be ashamed! it may be legal but they are extremely unethical.

4. Part time "supervisors: they promote young kids with no people skills or leadership/management experience, nor do they train them on these necessary skills. Most of them are very unprofessional in how they act and interact with employees.

Advice to Management

This companies as it relates to how it is running its warehouses in Atlanta, GA needs to be investigate. They way they are treating people is disgusting. I accepted the position thinking that i could perhaps move up quickly with my degree and years of management experience. However after seeing how unprofessional the people are and how they treated us, I only lasted a week. I've worked for much more money doing much less work. Everyone deserves better and you all should be ashamed! I found the entire experience so disgusting that it change my mind about UPS as a whole and I will never do business as a customer for a company like UPS that treats their front line employee so horribly!

10. "Imports Clerk"

Current Employee - Imports Clerk in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Imports Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunity if you work hard and know the right people.

Cons

Favoritism toward some employees is shown.

Showing 434 of 9,082 reviews