Want a Free Job Posting?

• Olympia, WA
  • Any Status
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

• great benefits great pay good hours (in 451 reviews)

• You stay in shape good benefits has a pension for part time (in 379 reviews)

• Your work life balance will be skewed to the work side in most positions (in 145 reviews)

• Not a full time position though (in 276 reviews)

1. Adventurous

Former Employee - Driver Assistant in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Driver Assistant in Olympia, WA

The Drivers are very relaxed guys but also hard working. I drove with three different guys, all with different personalities, all great people. Every one is kind of like a family there, so when you get in, you become like part of a family. Benefits are good, and there is exceptional room for growth in the company. People also really appreciate you if you show them you care. I got gifts and special treatment from our regulars during the holiday season. On the up side, you have a lot of privacy, and dont really have to get personal with any one if you dont want to. There isn't some one constantly looking over your shoulder.

The hours are long, and you are responsible for other peoples property. You experience all the changes in the weather because the trucks are basically big tin cans. No radio either. It can be very boring at times, and if you service a rural area like i did, then you may be short on pit stops. I had the choice of a bar, prison, or fire station. Haha.

Advice to Management

communication and reach-ability of upper management was a bit scattered and difficult. I hate the trucks too! We have to be in these things all day, cant they be a bit more comfortable?

Showing 1 of 4,701 review