UPS Reviews in Olympia, WA | Glassdoor

2.0
UPS Chief Executive Officer David Abney
David Abney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love that they have great benefits (in 872 reviews)

• Great exercise and good benefits (in 676 reviews)

Cons
  • there is no work life balance unless you get daytime hours (in 277 reviews)

• UPS must increase its hourly rate within its part-time ranks (in 486 reviews)

1. "UPS is a work out"

Former Employee - Loader/Unloader in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Loader/Unloader in Olympia, WA

I worked at UPS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They work around your schedule.

Cons

It is extremely physical. At times it is more physical than advertised.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

"Adventurous"

Former Employee - Driver Assistant in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Driver Assistant in Olympia, WA

Pros

The Drivers are very relaxed guys but also hard working. I drove with three different guys, all with different personalities, all great people. Every one is kind of like a family there, so when you get in, you become like part of a family. Benefits are good, and there is exceptional room for growth in the company. People also really appreciate you if you show them you care. I got gifts and special treatment from our regulars during the holiday season. On the up side, you have a lot of privacy, and dont really have to get personal with any one if you dont want to. There isn't some one constantly looking over your shoulder.

Cons

The hours are long, and you are responsible for other peoples property. You experience all the changes in the weather because the trucks are basically big tin cans. No radio either. It can be very boring at times, and if you service a rural area like i did, then you may be short on pit stops. I had the choice of a bar, prison, or fire station. Haha.

Advice to Management

communication and reach-ability of upper management was a bit scattered and difficult. I hate the trucks too! We have to be in these things all day, cant they be a bit more comfortable?

Showing 2 of 9,455 reviews