UPS Employee Reviews about "pay and benefits"
61% would recommend to a friend
(7772 total reviews)
Carol B. Tomé
60% approve of CEO
What people are saying about UPS
Got a burning question about UPS? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UPS employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are great but I don't know if they are worth the body soreness and stress" (in 4149 reviews)
- "It was pretty good pay and the hours were ok. it wasnt that bad overall." (in 3449 reviews)
- "Great for people who may have been unemployed for a while and want to re enter the work force." (in 1076 reviews)
- "You get paid good money and it can also be a stepping stone to a lifelong career" (in 445 reviews)
- "Great job and great benefits" (in 368 reviews)
- "Poor management... ran the company like it was the military screaming and yelling at employees." (in 1617 reviews)
- "Long hours and sometimes can't take a break because it's a lot of work" (in 1352 reviews)
- "no work life balance: many days you are working extremely long hours from 8:30am to 5" (in 560 reviews)
- "Bad supervisors that are lazy and don't want to help you out." (in 537 reviews)
- "Upper management is horrible." (in 429 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of UPS and is not affected by filters.
Found 7,772 of over 34K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay and benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jun 11, 2012AssociateFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsIndianapolis, IN
UPS has awesome employee benefits such as health, dental and vision insurance. They have tuition reimbursement and scholarships that can be awarded to employees. They pay is pretty great and they are very good at promoting from within instead of hiring off the street. Training sessions are very thorough and informative.
It's hard physical labor; no joke, this was the most strenuous job I have ever had. It was freezing in the winter and hot in the summer. My back ached from lifting box after box and I had cuts and bruises all over me. It's also really fast paced work (especially in small sort). They let people go if they can't keep up/make quota.
- 4.0Nov 7, 2022Loader/UnloaderCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearShrewsbury, MA
Pay was good and we received $125 weekly bonus for showing up to all 5 shifts
It's manual labor and during the summer the temperatures in the warehouse are tough working conditions
- 3.0Apr 18, 2011Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
It was pretty good pay and the hours were ok. it wasnt that bad overall. i would maybe go back
they dont like overtime and they could sometimes cut you on hours.
- 2.0Jul 11, 2019LoaderFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLenexa, KS
Its a union job so after 30 days you pay to be apart and you get union benefits which are good Monday through Friday job no dress code
They change their bonus TOO MUCH as well as their hourly pay. Work depends on how busy they get which there is NO work towards the end of the week so they send you home YOU HAVE TO WORK PART TIME until you can bid to work full time but they go off seniority. you only work average of 4-5 hours Monday through Friday Its exhausting work, and its VERY fast paced and you only get 1 10 minute break. The packages range from 0lb - over 100pounds and it shoots down a ramp and you have to stack all of them ceiling high with no spaces at about 250+ packages an hour
- 5.0Apr 23, 2021Air Ramp PersonCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMinneapolis, MN
Pretty good hourly pay and benefits like healthcare and college tuition reimbursement which is unusual for a part-time job.
Not that many hours, expect about 15-20 hours a week. On a slow day you might be sent home after just 2 hours.
- 4.0Sep 25, 2023Package HandlerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The starting pay is good and you’re allowed to wear what you want as long as it’s not distracting
A huge physical demand and a tough mentality needed to work long term or to make it a career.
- 3.0Jul 4, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDallas, TX
Great pay if you start as a TCD (Temporary Cover Driver) and then progress to a Full-time Driver. Medical and dental is top notch.
Everything else is a con
- 5.0Apr 12, 2016Operations Management SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSeattle, WA
UPS takes care of its employees. Period. From tuition reimbursement to full benefits and competitive pay there's very little they don't provide. On top of that the senior management is encouraged to interface with everyone on their team, meet people face to face, and spend time on the ground creating a much more cohesive work environment.
UPS will ask you to work hard for the benefits they provide. This shouldn't surprise anyone that the work is difficult at times but ultimately this company is worth working for.
- 2.0May 8, 2021Anonymous Temporary EmployeeFormer Temporary EmployeeMcKinney, TX
Good hrs and pay for the work you do but it's not the best company
Bad management and bad communication