URAC Reviews | Glassdoor

Kylanne Green

1. "URAC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Hill, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Hill, VA

I worked at URAC (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting accreditation products were available.

Cons

Short staffed meant that you were always busy.

2. "Exciting place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

You get the best of both worlds at URAC -- an organization that is well-established in the industry, having been around for more than 25 years, and an organization that is growing and doing new things. It's an overall collegial atmosphere, and the upper management seem to all treat employees with respect. Having worked in organizations in which management staff are disrespectful of employees, it is a refreshing change. People in general are excited about what they do, and are sharing new ideas. Of course, it's the individuals you see each day that really make a difference in the workplace -- and this organization has some really great people who care about their jobs and each other. This is probably even more important because it is a small organization.

Cons

Change is hard, and the organization has gone through quite a bit of change over the past few years -- apparently much needed change. While the changes seem to have left some negative residue behind, these perceptions will change as time goes on.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to and supporting new ideas that will help the organization further its mission and goals, and that will also help employees grow professionally.

"Horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at URAC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good and benefits. The non executives are very nice and easy to work with.

Cons

Executive team is horrible and set a negative tone with poor treatment of staff. The execs do not care about the meaness of the office environment and turnover is huge. People coming and don't stay long and just disappear. Very poor morale and dysfunctional environment. Organization is not moving forward. Rely totally on one product with no sales or marketing strategy.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and fix the abrasive and dysfunctional environment unless you went to continue with the incredibly high turnover. Set expectations people will be treated with respect.

"Petty and childish environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Great downtown location. Benefits and pay are reasonable

Cons

There is a "me, me, me' culture around the office. Everyone whines when things don't go as planned. High turnover and constant change in employee staff responsibilities and roles. Hard to know who does what.

Advice to Management

Stop reorganizing every time staff leaves because it creates angst among the employees and does not help with morale.

"unstable work environment"

Pros

good pay and decent benefits

Cons

Despite a company wide "reorganization" in 2013, URAC continues to overturn staff at an alarming rate. There is no job stability at any level and it has created a very negative work environment.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people or you will continue to lose valuable staff.

7. "Great organization."

I have been working at URAC (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Friendly and knowledgable staff. Senior leadership is setting a new direction for greater organization stability.

Cons

No telecommuting policy. Workload varies.

Advice to Management

Keep assessing the organization to find ways to provide more value to customers.

"Professionalism is non-existent. URAC takes no value in their staff members."

I worked at URAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Starting out with URAC it seems as though it's a well kept organization and they truly value their employees. At least one can wish.

Cons

Leadership is TERRIBLE!! Leadership from the top Kylanne Green to the bottom needs to be replaced. They have created so much toxic in the workplace that it is ridiculous. Major lawsuits regarding former employees.

Advice to Management

How you treat others will be done upon you. Money don't buy class and upper Management have none.

"Highly dysfunctional leadership - talk a good game but practice something very different."

Pros

Company provides important quality review service.

Cons

A number of former employees are embroiled in law suits with the company.

10. "Overall great experience... i enjoy going to work everyday"

I have been working at URAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is full of friendly people
    Great work hours
    Great pay and benifits

Cons

Quick turn around times on staff in certain departments
    Disparity in morale between departments

Advice to Management

Take some time to talk with your employee's and coworkers to discuss and evaluate what issues they may have with the company or with their position.

11. "I have enjoyed my time at URAC and plan to continue working here."

I have been working at URAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel that URAC as an organization has taken a very positive turn in the past year. I have learned a lot relating to my own field, but also relating to healthcare and accreditation. Hard work and results are rewarded, and good feedback is received. The leadership changes that have occurred over the past several years have helped us thrive as a company. I also feel that I am compensated fairly for my work.

Cons

Several co-workers who were rude and frequently under-performed stuck around far longer than they should have. This drags everyone else down.

Advice to Management

Don't hesitate to get rid of toxic employees.
    Regular feedback to employees helps a great deal.