What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great and long lasting if you stay in long enough for VA be if it’s & GI bill" (in 3345 reviews)
- "Good pay and benifits for a job that can be done right out of high school." (in 979 reviews)
- "The Air Force is great for people looking for a structured life style and for direction in life." (in 878 reviews)
- "Job security and deploying are great" (in 873 reviews)
- "Training is great when you can get it and there aren't budget cuts going on." (in 679 reviews)
- "There can be long hours and extended periods where you are away from your family." (in 1288 reviews)
- "Move often and a range of good and bad leadership" (in 964 reviews)
- "Deployments and possibly long hours away from family." (in 516 reviews)
- "Work/life balance can be difficult." (in 283 reviews)
- "If you have poor management they do not hold people accountable and that can become a very frustrating situation." (in 244 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of US Air Force and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 8,959 of over 27K reviews
Updated Oct 1, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Sep 9, 2014F-16 Avionics JourneymenCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLas Vegas, NV
Training, People and sense of accomplishment. Fast passed work environment were you learn the importance of attention to detail. Doing things you never thought you would ever do at work.
Not the best paying job in the world but a lot of great benefits that come with the job. Work a lot of hours depending on how broke the jets are.
- 3.0Apr 22, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 10 years
Defend people that can’t defend themselves; Entry-level Trade experience; outstanding Education benefits; Awesome stability and structure; Create Great lasting friendship; Health insurance for family is great; Superb travel opportunities
Health insurance for the AF member is not the best; Retirement has changed drastically; large amounts of sexism, prejudices and racisim