What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great and long lasting if you stay in long enough for VA be if it’s & GI bill" (in 3345 reviews)
- "Good pay and benifits for a job that can be done right out of high school." (in 979 reviews)
- "The Air Force is great for people looking for a structured life style and for direction in life." (in 878 reviews)
- "Job security and deploying are great" (in 873 reviews)
- "Training is great when you can get it and there aren't budget cuts going on." (in 679 reviews)
- "There can be long hours and extended periods where you are away from your family." (in 1288 reviews)
- "Move often and a range of good and bad leadership" (in 964 reviews)
- "Deployments and possibly long hours away from family." (in 516 reviews)
- "Work/life balance can be difficult." (in 283 reviews)
- "If you have poor management they do not hold people accountable and that can become a very frustrating situation." (in 244 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of US Air Force and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,971 of over 27K reviews
Updated Oct 1, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "long hour"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Aug 4, 2011AnalystCurrent EmployeeHonolulu, HI
Retirement after 20 years if a bonus and not something you would get in other jobs. Medical is included, anytime anywhere Pay/entitlements
Work hours depending on job you are doing and if they decide to call you on the weekend for any issue Attachment 24/7 Deployments
- 5.0Jan 24, 2018Cyber Surety JourneymanCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPalmdale, CA
Excellent experience opportunities with the ability to perform duties in locations where your skills are critical to mission success.
There can be long hours and extended periods where you are away from your family. The pay is enough to live comfortably, but not competitive with industry.