US Bakery Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Retail Management"

Current Employee - Outlet Store in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Outlet Store in Portland, OR

I have been working at US Bakery part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company Values are Strong. Place a high focus on customer service. Union stores, good pay, great benefits, increasing vacations.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of communication between the higher ups and those of us on the bottom. If we get told anything it is usually way after we have figured it out for ourselves.

Advice to Management

For the increasing amount of responsibilities that are placed on your managers they should be compensated accordingly. We all strive to do our best for the company and put in the time and effort to make our stores successful we deserve to be compensated. Also most of us have a real connection with the customer base yet we are never asked for our opinions when you make decisions about some of the things that effect us.

2. "Very Fast paced"

Former Employee - Bun Production in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Bun Production in Billings, MT

I worked at US Bakery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company puts 14% into a 401K.

Cons

Very fast paced and hard work. No rotating shifts. Can be stuck on night shift indefinitely. Schedule is bad. No two days off in a row. Supposed to be a family oriented business, but forget about a family life or life in general. Not enough employees. Not enough pay for the work.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Fix the scheduling to allow for two days off in a row. Can be done easily.

3. "Good Peers - Mediocre Management"

Current Employee - CAO - Core Maintenance in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - CAO - Core Maintenance in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at US Bakery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are probably the only reason to seek out a job here. They don't take any money out of your paycheck to pay for them.

Cons

Being a lower level manager means they take an extra 10-20 hours a week. Most of managers work seven days a week as far as I can tell. The actual workers have very locked in duties and there isn't a lot of room for creativity.

4. "The work is physically demanding, but low stress and good pay."

Current Employee - Route Sales in Kalispell, MT
    Current Employee - Route Sales in Kalispell, MT

I have been working at US Bakery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good and there is a descent base pay with additional commission. There is teamsters retirement upon vesting and paid vacations.

Cons

The work schedule is terrible. Split days off, no requesting of single days off for special functions so your schedule is what it is. The hours start in the middle of the night and in busy times can go late into the day. At times I've worked over 18 hrs in a day only to have to go back to work 6 hrs later.

Advice to Management

Need to be more compassionate to family needs of the people working. Ask questions and get a consensus before making changes to someone's route.